Balochistan and the unity of Pakistan

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
op02_thumb.jpg

Dr. Ali Al-Ghamdi

Pakistan came into being as a homeland for the Muslims of the Indian Subcontinent after a long and bitter struggle and great sacrifices. The creation of Pakistan also involved a lot of ethnic, geographic, economic and political issues. Pakistan was able to remain united and the people achieved a great deal of growth and development for some time.

However, some internal and external forces were not satisfied or convinced about the creation of the new entity. They started exploiting and exaggerating some of the problems involved in the creation of the new nation and the mistakes committed by some people who held key positions. Moreover, there was a lack of religious faith and national sentiment on which Pakistan was founded on the part of some individuals and groups. Apart from this, some people cherished regional sentiments. All of these problems and factors contributed to Pakistan’s loss of its eastern half after a nine-month civil war that ended with India’s military intervention in favor of Bengalis. This resulted in the secession of East Pakistan and the creation of the new state of Bangladesh.

It is unfortunate that Pakistan is facing a fresh threat from those who are attempting to destabilize the country by crossing all the red lines. The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) is threatening Pakistan’s national unity not only through its involvement in subversive acts from within but also by establishing rapport with external forces. It has sought the assistance of the United States by contacting some US Congressmen in order to gain moral and material support to continue its subversive and separatist acts.

The BLA and its tribal leader the Khan of Kalat were said to have earlier planned to take the Balochistan issue to the International Court of Justice (ICJ). It was also said that they expected that a neighboring country would pay the legal fees, amounting to more than $2 million, to contest the case. When they failed to achieve this, they approached some US Congressmen, requesting their support to take up their cause. This yielded results when three Congressmen tabled a bill before the US Congress stating:

“Balochistan is currently divided between Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan with no sovereign rights of its own.” They also told Congress that Balochis in Pakistan are subjected to violence, extrajudicial killing and displacement, and that they are demanding the right to self-determination.

Earlier, a Congressional committee convened hearings on what it called extrajudicial killings and human rights violations in Balochistan, and the issue was taken up by a number of deputies who proposed a new road map for the Middle East that was designed to divide some of the countries in the region, including Pakistan, on the basis of ethnic and religious factors. But the US government quickly distanced itself from such schemes.

However, in reality non-governmental organizations and research centers funded by the US State Department have worked to support and encourage dissidents in Balochistan. Similarly, the US government has also been pressing Pakistan to allow the opening of a US Consulate in Quetta. There was general belief that the aim of this demand was to facilitate the activities of organizations which are striving to create unrest in Pakistan.

US Congressmen who are known to be members of the Tea Party are working for an independent Balochistan. There have been reports that these Congressmen are outraged at Pakistan and by extending support to Balochi insurgents want to teach it a lesson for sheltering Osama Bin Laden.

There have also been allegations that India is extending financial assistance to the insurgents and that this money goes into the pockets of tribal chiefs who are working for the separation of Balochistan from Pakistan. There is a general notion that if the Republicans come to power in the next US elections, there will be a surge in violence in Balochistan. It has also been pointed out that in such a scenario, the insurgents will receive funding from Tea Party members under the pretext of defending human rights.

In this context, I suggest that the media should highlight some important topics.

1. There should be a political initiative to address the situation in Balochistan, such as holding elections and the formation of an elected government in the province, which would reduce the prospects for those who encourage insurgency.

2. It is essential to stop the intervention of external forces whether it is from US Congressmen or anyone else as this contravenes international laws and traditions.

3. The local media should expose the machinations of Tea Party members as well as the hypocrisy shown under the pretext of human rights in order to interfere in the internal affairs of Pakistan.

4. Those who demand separation are a small group and they enjoy no support from the people. They look to outside forces to get material and moral support from both individuals and agencies that are not interested in what is good for Pakistan. What these forces are trying to do in Balochistan is not possible for them to do in their own country. If any of them dared to do so, they would end up behind bars.

5. The people of Balochistan are patriotic and they want peace, justice and democracy to prevail. It is not possible to incite them to violence which is the objective of the banned separatist BLA.

6. The government of Pakistan will not allow any group of adventurers who live abroad to undermine the nation’s safety and security, as well as to forfeit any part of the country. It will work to achieve the growth and development of all parts of Pakistan, including Balochistan. The people of Balochistan like the rest of the people of Pakistan are keen to safeguard the unity and territorial integrity of the nation.

In my next article, I will shed more light on the double standards of some who intend to undermine the security, stability and unity of Pakistan.

— Dr. Ali Al-Ghamdi is a former Saudi diplomat who specializes in Southeast Asian affairs. He can be reached at algham@hotmail.com
Balochistan and the unity of Pakistan | Opinion | Saudi Gazette
@Aeronaut @Oscar @WebMaster @RazPaK @Icarus @jaibi @tarrar @mafiya @HRK @PWFI @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @al-Hasani @Slav Defence @JUBA @DESERT FIGHTER @Secur @IceCold @Areesh @Alpha1 @Rashid Mahmood

op02_thumb.jpg

Dr. Ali Al-Ghamdi

Pakistan came into being as a homeland for the Muslims of the Indian Subcontinent after a long and bitter struggle and great sacrifices. The creation of Pakistan also involved a lot of ethnic, geographic, economic and political issues.

I have to disagree.

Pakistan was never created. Pakistan got its independence on the 14th August 1947 from Great Britain.
Before that British occupied Pakistan and put it into "British India", although it had nothing to do with it.
Before the British occupation Pakistan was the Sikh Empire, Talpur Emirate of Sindh and Khanate of Kalat.
Its History goes back to the Indus Valley Civilisation (Sindh) 5000 years ago.

It isn't the homeland of the muslims of the "Indian Subcontinent" (Half of Pakistan is on the Eurasian Plate btw.)

It is the homeland of Punjabis, Pashtuns, Kashmiris, Sindhis and Baloch.
Which is also the meaning of Pakistan (P= Punjab, A= Afghania (old for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), K=Kashmir, S= Sindh, TAN= Balochistan = PAKISTAN)

Bangladesh should have never became a part of Pakistan in the first place because Bangladesh is a whole different country than Pakistan.
Bengalis are Indian, they belong to the Indian race (Dravidian).
Bengalis are not Punjabis, Pashtuns, Kashmiris, Sindhis and Balochis.

Thats Pakistan, the home of Pakistanis. Whether you are a Muslim, Chistian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, even atheist and so on. If you are a Pakistani thats your country no matter which religion you belong to.

I myself am a proud and convinced Muslim don't get me wrong but I cannot accept or hear lies about Pakistan.

Pakistan and its ethnic groups, race and history is older than Islam, and people have to respect that.

Islam doesn't say to forget that.

I have to disagree.

Pakistan was never created. Pakistan got its independence on the 14th August 1947 from Great Britain.
Before that British occupied Pakistan and put it into "British India", although it had nothing to do with it.
Before the British occupation Pakistan was the Sikh Empire, Talpur Emirate of Sindh and Khanate of Kalat.

It isn't the homeland of the muslims of the "Indian Subcontinent" (Half of Pakistan is on the Eurasian Plate btw.)

Which is also the meaning of Pakistan (P= Punjab, A= Afghania (old for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), K=Kashmir, S= Sindh, TAN= Balochistan = PAKISTAN)

Bangladesh should have never became a part of Pakistan in the first place because Bangladesh is a whole different country than Pakistan.

Thats Pakistan, the home of Pakistanis. Whether you are a Muslim, Chistian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, even atheist and so on. If you are a Pakistani thats your country no matter which religion you belong to.

I myself am a proud and convinced Muslim don't get me wrong but I cannot accept or hear lies about Pakistan.

Pakistan and its ethnic groups, race and history is older than Islam, and people have to respect that.

mashallah

I have to disagree.

@Aeronaut Here comes another genius

HE is right than your Arbee overlord.
Lady their were several states before creation of Pakistan even in current India like Hyderabad and many more but over all it was Sub Continent and were one single entity for thousands of years

Lady their were several states before creation of Pakistan even in current India like Hyderabad and many more but over all it was Sub Continent and were one single entity for thousands of years

Yes but they werent Islam ka kila. There was never India in the sense of today just some independent states fighting each other or paying each other royalties. They were collectively combined and called India.

I have to disagree.

Are you a joker or something?

@Aeronaut Here comes another genius

Are you a joker or something?

I'm not a joker, akhi. You are welcome to disagree. But please don't talk to me like that because that only leads to fitna.

I didn't say there where no states before Pakistan. Quite the opposite actually. Yes indeed there were many predecessor states before Pakistan. (Indus Valley civilisation, Part of Achaemenid Empire, Parthian empire, Indo-Parthian Empire, Alexander the great Empire, Indo-Greek Empire, Sassanid Empire, Caliphate, Ghaznavid, part delhi sultanate (only east), Mongol empire, Timurid Empire, Moghul Empire (only east), Afsharid Empire, Durrani Empire, Sikh empire and Talpur Emirate of Sindh and Qalat, British India (unfortunately) and then Pakistan.

Pakistan is politically 67 years old with no doubt.
But historically Pakistan is over 5000 years old WITH his predecessor states and existed before with his predecessor states.

People accept that Iran is over 3000 years old. Although Iran is since 1935 called Iran, before that Persia (Pahlavi dynasty) and before that there turkic empires like Safavid empire and so on.

So Iran had so many predecessor states before becoming modern day Iran.

But Pakistan is only 67 years old and never existed before?
I'm sorry thats a big lie and hurts the heart of every Pakistani (I do atleast and others).

this one takes the cake ! .. poor mohajirs !! ;)

I have nothing against Muhajir. But MQM should be forbidden. Those Muhajirs and other "Immigrants" who are criminals and terrorits should be kicked out of Pakistan.

Islam says we have to help all Muslims in the world.
But Islam doesn't say that our Muslim Brothers can come to our country and destroy our country. Thats not acceptable.

I have nothing against Muhajir or other Immigrants. I accpet them in our country although it was a hard process and still is to integrate them in our country since they are not really Pakistani but Indians. I accept them because they are Muslims. But criminal behaviour should not be accepted (not only Muhajirs, all Immigrants).

Nope; only 3 or 4 times in the past 3000 years has the Subcontinent been one entity. For the vast majority of its history, they were different kingdoms and states.

Well, the Bengalis are mostly Indo Aryan, with a good mix of Mongolic features, perhaps because they border Sinic-looking people. They're not Dravidians; south Indians are. But I do agree, the incorporation of East Bengal into Pakistan was a stupid idea.

Well, Indian Muslims are welcome. But other than the North Western region (Pakistan) and Bengal, there was no other Muslim-majority region in the entire Subcontinent.

LOL, you don't honestly think he's a 'lady' just because of his Avatar, do you?

Last edited:
I'm not a joker, akhi. You are welcome to disagree. But please don't talk to me like that because that only leads to fitna.

I didn't say there where no states before Pakistan. Quite the opposite actually. Yes indeed there were many predecessor states before Pakistan. (Indus Valley civilisation, Part of Achaemenid Empire, Parthian empire, Indo-Parthian Empire, Alexander the great Empire, Indo-Greek Empire, Sassanid Empire, Caliphate, Ghaznavid, part delhi sultanate (only east), Mongol empire, Timurid Empire, Moghul Empire (only east), Afsharid Empire, Durrani Empire, Sikh empire and Talpur Emirate of Sindh and Qalat, British India (unfortunately) and then Pakistan.

Pakistan is politically 67 years old with no doubt.
But historically Pakistan is over 5000 years old WITH his predecessor states and existed before with his predecessor states.

People accept that Iran is over 3000 years old. Although Iran is since 1935 called Iran, before that Persia (Pahlavi dynasty) and before that there turkic empires like Safavid empire and so on.

So Iran had so many predecessor states before becoming modern day Iran.

But Pakistan is only 67 years old and never existed before?
I'm sorry thats a big lie and hurts the heart of every Pakistani (I do atleast and others).

I have nothing against Muhajir. But MQM should be forbidden. Those Muhajirs and other "Immigrants" who are criminals and terrorits should be kicked out of Pakistan.

Islam says we have to help all Muslims in the world.
But Islam doesn't say that our Muslim Brothers can come to our country and destroy our country. Thats not acceptable.

I have nothing against Muhajir or other Immigrants. I accpet them in our country although it was a hard process and still is to integrate them in our country since they are not really Pakistani but Indians. I accept them because they are Muslims. But criminal behaviour should not be accepted (not only Muhajirs, all Immigrants).

you will teach of what is fitna, you racist douchebag !!

get a life loser :sick:

Yes but they werent Islam ka kila. There was never India in the sense of today just some independent states fighting each other or paying each other royalties. They were collectively combined and called India.

There was. But that is a subject for another debate. Go on, discuss Pakistan and its creation some 5000 years ago. Interesting :pop:

There was. But that is a subject for another debate. Go on, discuss Pakistan and its creation some 5000 years ago. Interesting :pop:

Jesus you in Mugabe land? WTF!

India didnt exist in the sense it is today. It just consisted of Princely states who were paying the stronger kingdom of royalties. And yes Indus Valley civilization is thousands upon thousands of years old, so yeah today's Pakistan consists of those areas.

8-)

You didn't mention the Maurya and the Gupta Empires. 8-)

Pakistanis was purely created on the Muslim identity of Muslims of British India, but Pakistanis were unsuccessful to assert a completely new identity based on religion and now they have to look beyond to have something to back this like how only 3% Indians are similar to Pakistanis, how Pakistan is fairer race compared to Indians, how Pakistan never had a Hindu history but a Buddhist history or ancient civilized Pakistanis of Indus and uncivilized Indians of Ganges. :laugh:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom