What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i remember the 'yawn fest' conversations i used to have with my Pushtoon school mates and college fellows in Abbottabad.
All their conversations would revolve around 'Hamara patanoon mein aisaa hota hai'. And 'he is such and such because he is a Pathan' as if being Pushtoon is a steroid.
Never would they creep out of their 'pushtoon shell' and have a normal conversation in which they dont whack their pushtoon identity on my face over and over again.
At times i used to get so annoyed by them attributing to the good things in them to them being Pathans,or mentioning their pushtoon identity repetively that i used to say to them that i know they are pushtoons,can they stop mentioning it over and over again?

Thats why my snide comment of 'obsessive compulsive identity crisis'.
You dont see this behavoiur in Punjabis or other ethnicities of Pakistan. While talking to a punjabi he wont bash his ethnic identity on your face,and try to have a general conversation.
@ Luffy,tell me honestly you dont do this? Dont you try to assert your ethnic identity even during normal conversation with non pushtoons?
Even when the conversation isnt about ethnicity at all.

Will write more tomorrow,from a different angle.

Then i would be very lonely man if there is Pashtun, pashtun on my tongue every time in real life, . My best friend is a kohistani and a guy from haripur....I never assert pashtun nationalism on them, infact we never talk about it, if we engage in serious talks, its mostly about religion or current affairs of pakistan . perhaps you seldom visit your own hazara, pashtuns get along well with hindkowans here.....there are no ethnic or racial tensions there, ......Racism is strong in your U.K and it seems because of enviroment there ,you view things differently from your people back in home. I am proud pashtun but my pride is not racism, racism means when you look down on some one because of his race and consider yourself racially superior. I also have deep interest in religion and Pakistan affairs but you must be thinking why most of my post are pashtun-related? the thing is i have joined this forum specically to defend pashtuns and making members here to get familiarized with pashtun nationalism.....On pakistani issues i am mostly active on "paklinks" forum where i dont discuss pashtuns and pashtunism.
Pashtuns are very social people , you need to meet some more pashtuns to realize that... they are simple-minded, some what crude but honest, sincere and friendly....

Plus i never said Pushtoons are my enemies,but i avoided writing praises of Pushtoons.
You know why? Because i wont get any credit for that..instead it will be taken as 'natural right' of Pushtoon to be praised because he is Pushtoon and deserve to be praised just for that.
Speaking from real life experience again.
Thats why my stance that many of them never come out of their 'ethmic shell'.

About reporting,obviously if you think my comments are racist,you can report.
But in my opinion,my comments are based on my real life observations and highlight existing issues with Pushtoons of Pakistan.
The points i raise,i am not making them up,or am i?

The thing is you are not showing maturity and responsibility. If you dont want Pashtuns to highlight their identity, self-praise , then at the same time you should not also highlight negatives in pashtun.....You admit that you dont want to praise positives in pashtuns, but your every second post mention pashtuns in negative light.....dude you have some strong problems with pashtuns, may be some bad real life experiences with pashtuns in your U.K.

Thats why my stance that many of them never come out of their 'ethmic shell'.

can you come out of your "pakistani shell" even if you are in U.K?........pashtun qaum is existing for thousands of years, it is impossibel for them to come out of "pashtun shell"

@Safriz you are talking to the rocks here and literally banging your head on the rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
@Safriz you are talking to the rocks here and literally banging your head on the rocks

Worth a try...
I know most of these ultra nationalists are as stuck up as white supremacists or blacl supremacists of zulu tribe..or yellow supremacists of Japan...and fail to see any sense in whatever someone from outside their ethnicity says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom