What's new

BAHREIN: THE FORGOTTEN REPRESSION

Ceylal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Home / English Section / Bahrain: residential areas isolated with separating barriers
ib-1-599x330.jpg

Bahrain: residential areas isolated with separating barriers

More and more residential areas in Bahrain are being isolated with concrete barriers and barbed wire. The measures are made as part of the Authority’s campaign of repression on ongoing peaceful protests demanding the release of Sheikh Ali Salman, Secretary General of Al Wefaq National Islamic Society.

Two months ago, security forces placed road blockades in the area of Dair in the Muharraq Governorate. The area also saw barbed wire in a number of entries as well as the main entry.

Other areas like Duraz and Abu Saiba, west of the capital Manama, have been besieged with concrete barriers since June 2014. In Sitra island, the residents are forced to pass through police checkpoints after the regime placed barbed wire and barriers around the area in April 2014.

Many other areas have been surrounded with various types of separation methods including tall and long fences, sand blockades, barbed wire and concrete barriers*.

These barriers remind the Bahraini citizens of the apartheid wall in Palestine and the Berlin wall.

Article 12 of the International Covenant on Civil and Politic al Rights, and which Bahrain is signatory to, states “Everyone lawfully within the territory of a State shall, within that territory, have the right to liberty of movement and freedom to choose his residence. Everyone shall be free to leave any country, including his own”.

———————————————————————————

*Areas under isolation measure: Sitra island, Athari, Salhiya, Qadam, Bilad Qadeem, Zinj, Abu Quwa, Sihla, Aali, Duraz, Abu Saiba, Karbabad, Deih, Dair, Hamad Town, Burhama and others.

*crickets* The silence of the hypocrites is deafening. The hypocrites in the west and GCC cry for democracy in Syria, yet they propagate murderous tyrants in Bahrain and Egypt.

Why don't you use your real flag for once?

Wanting a genocidal mass-murderer (Al-Asshead) gone does not equal claiming to be democratic. Less than 100 people have died in 4 years of unrest in Bahrain. Many of them poor South Asian migrant workers who were assaulted by the protestors and killed.

You know nothing about what is going on. Let a few Pakistani compatriots that live in Bahrain and who have written about this issue on PDF educate you. One of them being a Shia himself like you.

When did Al-Sisi kill thousands? It were the Egyptian people who removed Morsi. I did not see any GCC soldiers removing him or anything.
The GCC has nothing to do with it. The GCC has always been supporting Egypt since the days after Nasser. GCC donated more money to Egypt when Morsi was in power.

A neigbhoring stable Egypt is in the interests of the GCC. Who rules it is something that the Egyptians should decide and they do that.

A fact that the Egyptian users can confirm here.

Right now the "evil West" that you live in is coordinating attacks on Daesh together with Al-Asshead. Your beloved fake wannabe Arab Wilayat al-Faqih Mullah's are cooperating with the West too and doing negotiations. I doubt that they are shouting death to the West, USA etc. while doing that.:lol:

The troll that started this thread cannot even spell Bahrain correctly. Says everything.

Last edited:
Why don't you use your real flag for once?

Wanting a genocidal mass-murderer (Al-Asshead) gone does not equal claiming to be democratic. Less than 100 people have died in 4 years of unrest in Bahrain. Many of them poor South Asian migrant workers who were assaulted by the protestors among them killing your compatriots.

How many people died in Syria before the war? You can't make a comparison between one country engulfed in war and one that isn't. I agree with you, that Assad should step down but not because I like the zionist FSA, or JAN to replace him, but because he has become a firebrand of the opposition and he should remove himself from the equation. We both know however that if he steps down today, the war will not end because we both know this war isn't just about Assad. Lets stop pretending that it is. It is about secular and pluralist Syrians (who are majority Sunni by the way) fighting imported hard-line Islamists. You could also argue that there's also a proxy war to isolate Tehran. You whine and whine about Assad as if the war begin and ends with him.

The death toll in Bahrain has nothing to do with the wishes of the people there. There are massive demonstrations almost daily and KSA has been supporting the tyrant Khalifa who's killing people and locking up dissenters, even children. He must have learned that from the Israelis. You even sent troops there to assist him. Hypocritical KSA government wants us to bomb Assad government and arm insurgents in the name of so called democracy, but in Bahrain, KSA wants to undermine an organic, indigenous democratic movement.

One of them being a Shia himself like you.

I'm not Shia, I'm not religious at all and I have zero ties to Iran or any ME country. And even if I did what does that have to do with anything? Stop the ad-hominems.

When did Al-Sisi kill thousands? It were the Egyptian people who removed Morsi. I did not see any GCC soldiers removing him or anything.
The GCC has nothing to do with it. The GCC has always been supporting Egypt since the times of Nasser. GCC donated more money to Egypt when Morsi was in power.

Doesn't matter how many people he's killed, it still doesn't change who he is. Look at his brutal suppression of protesters and his evicting people from their homes to appease his Israeli pimps. That's why his troops are being killed in Sinai. You supported his coup even more than we did and gave him $20 Billion. Man you guys must have really been running scared to drop that kind of $$. I don't think Morsi got anything close to that.

A neigbhoring stable Egypt is in the interests of the GCC. Who rules it is something that the Egyptians should decide and they do that.

I agree. So instead of propping up illegitimate juntas, let the Egyptians choose for themselves. If they want Muslim Brotherhood then live with it. It's their choice to make and no one else's. Ditto for Syria and Bahrain.

Right now the "evil West" that you live in is coordinating attacks on Daesh together with Al-Asshead. Your beloved fake wannabe Arab Wilayat al-Faqih Mullah's are cooperating with the West too and doing negotiations. I doubt that they are shouting death to the West, USA etc. while doing that.:lol:

Only difference between Daesh and FSA & JAN is Daesh have stopped obeying their western sponsors. If they were compliant like FSA and JAN, they might get their Israeli allies to do a bombing run or two for them.

Back
Top Bottom