What's new

Bahrain expresses interest in JF-17 Thunder fighter Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
With aesa radar low cost maintaining and real multi role jet . they all were waiting for block 3 and when it is going to release then we have a lot of orders from countries:-)

JF-17-Thunder-1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: (APP) Pakistan and Bahrain Tuesday agreed to further enhance their economic cooperation.

The understanding to this effect was reached during a meetingof Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq with King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa in Bahrain, Radio Pakistan reported.

Speaking on the occasion, the Speaker said Pakistan was continuing its role for long-term progress and stability in the Gulf States.

King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa reciprocated by saying that Bahrain highly valued its fraternal relations with Pakistan.

He said the people and Government of Bahrain always feel happy to see a prosperous Pakistan.

Speaking on the occasion, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Bahrain Javed Malik said a delegation of Bahrainian traders and investors would visit Pakistan in January next year in pursuance of the two countries pledge to enhance economic cooperation.

He said the King of Bahrain had shown interest in JF 17 Thunder plane and arrangements had been made for exhibiting the plane in Bahrain Air show.

https://timesofislamabad.com/bahrain-expresses-interest-jf-17-thunder-fightet-jet/2016/11/09/
Another interest -:)

And how would you know what is the everything they want? you show them your sample and work out the details to tailor make it for them.. and these are no ordinary customers they have shown interest since 2009 and were following the progress till it became quite satisfactory for them and will necessitate very minor modifications on their part like a new engine..
our ex-servicemen are employed there, and they perform almost every duty(maintenance,training, weapon testing, etc). so you literally know what are their requirements.
as you said that they are showing interest from 2009 and it has been 7 years till now, they are still showing interest means your product is not at par with their requirements.

There are tailor made products and modular ones.. so a customer can see a sample and order with his own specs..
product can be a tailor made, only if your product is mature enough to absorb the tailor made things..

Hi,

I could not have put it any better---.

Not having the 2 seater from the start was an absolute blunder---it set the JF17 sales behind by at least 5-8 years---.

Just offering it---was a big mistake---. You want it sold---don't offer it---show it around---show what it does--but don't offer it---.

Buyers will come to you by themselves.

Offering it as---2 for the price of 1---the previous defense minister---that was absolutely ridiculous---.

The offering it at a very cheap price---was absolutely a no no---.

sir, in PAF no one play as a devil's advocate role, or having different thoughts. or i would nobody thinks..
they are just good at YES SIR, Hojai ga..

If you know that these people will buy your product and you also know their interests, need and demand already, so it is better not to show them your product until your product has everything they want,
if you show your incomplete product and there is nothing which they are in need of, they will simply reject it..

Hi,

I re-read your post---. It is a gem of a post from a salesman perspective.

our ex-servicemen are employed there, and they perform almost every duty(maintenance,training, weapon testing, etc). so you literally know what are their requirements.
as you said that they are showing interest from 2009 and it has been 7 years till now, they are still showing interest means your product is not at par with their requirements.

product can be a tailor made, only if your product is mature enough to absorb the tailor made things..

sir, in PAF no one play as a devil's advocate role, or having different thoughts. or i would nobody thinks..
they are just good at YES SIR, Hojai ga..
What do you want more than the Air chief Marshal of KSA saying they will by a hefty number of the Jf-17 alongside trainers, the same was said by the Qatari government, Bahrein needs it as well as Kuwait

First it was Saudis then Qatar/ Kuwait (didnt remember) and now Bahrain everyone is showing interest from middle east when with the amount of money they got they have world class fighters. I dont think such statement holds any thing substantial. Its just that every minister want to give false hope to people like us.
Please do not be negative.. JF-17 Blk3, with its unique AESA and an IRST plus electronic warfare capabilities, a very wide array of weaponry is a very potent fighter..They can change the engine and get the Chinese one or put a European one, plus some very few modifications and it will be ready for its task....

key hurdle is the engine,not the performance but the avalbility
i think second issue would avionics
Avionics are quite satisfactory according to Saudi officials, The Engine can be changed to either the Chines WS-13 or EJ-200 so it is not a big issue..

Last edited:
With AESA introduced , JF-17 starts to sell.

It is going to sell like hot cakes for sure and that too without AESA. Some 200 block-IIs are on order and guess what not all of them are for PAF.

Thats true, even if the blk 3 didn't house any other upgrades (which it does) bar the AESA, it will still be an attractive buy in the market as not many modern fighters offer this capability at this price.

First it was Saudis then Qatar/ Kuwait (didnt remember) and now Bahrain everyone is showing interest from middle east when with the amount of money they got they have world class fighters. I dont think such statement holds any thing substantial. Its just that every minister want to give false hope to people like us.
All people here are saying is wait till there is anything a bit more substantial.Expressing an interest is not equal to buying the platform. Jumping up and down every time someone expresses some interest in our fighter is fairly immature.
A

@The SC @araz Sir exactly my point its just we have to wait and see what new modifications are introduced. Its not like i m against Jf17 I like it very much but remember this politics and point scoring will be done on these deals which is not what i am hoping for.

JF-17-Thunder-1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: (APP) Pakistan and Bahrain Tuesday agreed to further enhance their economic cooperation.

The understanding to this effect was reached during a meetingof Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq with King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa in Bahrain, Radio Pakistan reported.

Speaking on the occasion, the Speaker said Pakistan was continuing its role for long-term progress and stability in the Gulf States.

King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa reciprocated by saying that Bahrain highly valued its fraternal relations with Pakistan.

He said the people and Government of Bahrain always feel happy to see a prosperous Pakistan.

Speaking on the occasion, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Bahrain Javed Malik said a delegation of Bahrainian traders and investors would visit Pakistan in January next year in pursuance of the two countries pledge to enhance economic cooperation.

He said the King of Bahrain had shown interest in JF 17 Thunder plane and arrangements had been made for exhibiting the plane in Bahrain Air show.

https://timesofislamabad.com/bahrain-expresses-interest-jf-17-thunder-fightet-jet/2016/11/09/
another interesting thread
well done
wake me up when September ends

wait its November.. Ok wake me up when Uganda expresses interest

another interesting thread
well done
wake me up when September ends

wait its November.. Ok wake me up when Uganda expresses interest
Countries won't buy BLOCK I and BLOCK II but BLOCK III hell yeah. Specially countries like Saudi Arabia and even Egypt. Because full TOT with the weapons package and no chance of any Blockade that is the best deal they can get along with establishment of full fighter jet production industry

What do you want more than the Air chief Marshal of KSA saying they will by a hefty number of the Jf-17 alongside trainers, the same was said by the Qatari government, Bahrein needs it as well as Kuwait
I'm not saying anything right now.. I'm happy with the sale.

the discussion was about Sir @MastanKhan comment in which he says that PAF from the start of the Project did some wrong planning for the sale of JF-17 which delays the sale of the jet for more than 7 years.. and @but-shikan ask about those wrong plannings, me and sir @MastanKhan identify about those wrong decisions which delay the sale of Jf-17..

How much modification would need to be made to the body the plane if the user wants some western engine in place of the existing Russian one?
Not much Since it was designed by keeping this in mind.

@Zarvan
What about J-10B? any news?Quite a long time you don't post any thing about that. I used to read your posts since long time back before registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom