What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

again sir, can you please elaborate what is that you doubt to be wrong? I will surely look into it and get back to you but you have to let me know what is the thing that you have doubts about?
the range of the missile. the engine must be awfull for it to have a range of 700km yet have the same power as other cruise missile engines. i would know for a fact the chinese have somthing better as they have the tri-40 engine which they have no doubt reverse engineered. the chinese must have helped you setup your miniturbojet facility.

Babur uses a turbo fan engine as well. The tomahawk weights slightly more however that alone is not/can not b responsible for the much increased range. One main thing to consider is the engine efficiency. Just like in different cars give different mileage with similar CC engines, same goes for these missiles as well. US over the years have a much more efficient engine that they use with there Tomahawk while we lack such technology. Other thing is the fuel type, a very efficient fuel as well. Not sure what we are using with Barbur but that too also contributes to the range.

JP-10 is used in Tomahawk. Same fuel used in Commercial airlines

the range of the missile. the engine must be awfull for it to have a range of 700km yet have the same power as other cruise missile engines. i would know for a fact the chinese have somthing better as they have the tri-40 engine which they have no doubt reverse engineered. the chinese must have helped you setup your miniturbojet facility.
So you mean that the stated range is wrong? That we should be using the Chinese engine that would give us better range and the claims of 700 KM are wrong? If that is the case, i doubt i will be able to help you much as that is a published fact and if it is a coverup you wont find many talking about the reality.

JP-10 is used in Tomahawk. Same fuel used in Commercial airlines
What about Babur?
As far as i was able to study it this is the same we are using for Babur. You have any further details?
There were some things being worked on related to engine as well but not sure what happened to that since i moved from Taxila two years ago and was better informed when i was there :P
If you have anything that can be shared i will be happy to know about it.

So you mean that the stated range is wrong? That we should be using the Chinese engine that would give us better range and the claims of 700 KM are wrong? If that is the case, i doubt i will be able to help you much as that is a published fact and if it is a coverup you wont find many talking about the reality.
yes the "stated"range is wrong. it should be at least 1000km. remember this thing is going on a sub. look below a slcm with a range of 700km cant even reach new dehli
nede1.PNG

even at 1000km its no good
Capture1.PNG

you have ground launched missiles that can cover all of india but you dont have second strike capability on all of india.

yes the "stated"range is wrong. it should be at least 1000km. remember this thing is going on a sub. look below a slcm with a range of 700km cant even reach new dehli
View attachment 313155
even at 1000km its no good
View attachment 313157
you have ground launched missiles that can cover all of india but you dont have second strike capability on all of india.
Well as i said sir, all i can say on this matter is what is being officially confirmed and that is the source. If it is a cover-up there wont be many willing to answer that on internet. :) All we can do is speculate!

Well as i said sir, all i can say on this matter is what is being officially confirmed and that is the source. If it is a cover-up there wont be many willing to answer that on internet. :) All we can do is speculate!
indeed........... but there a thing as being realistic and just plain obivous same applies to the raad to come to think of it.

when Babur cruise missile system will be the part of our Navy?
We will eventually see a LACM being deployed aboard our future submarines but it it is quite some time from happening. Years i would say.

We will eventually see a LACM being deployed aboard our future submarines but it it is quite some time from happening. Years i would say.

i dont think babur will be placed on subs, i think we need to place it on Frigates as soon as possible.

according to rashid mahmood its been tested. so i would assume its good to go ,and i would imagine its range is more than 700km
Not exactly. That range figure is less than that due to certain changes in design and size; and the launch methods arent so sophisticated for now(although that will change). However, the move is now beyond a SLCM and towards a SLBM.

Not exactly. That range figure is less than that due to certain changes in design and size; and the launch methods arent so sophisticated for now(although that will change). However, the move is now beyond a SLCM and towards a SLBM.
do what the french are doing and made a bad a$$ cruise missile and put it in a canister or get some help from the chinese. the baburs specs are near that of other cruise missiles of its class but its range is way of.
tbh i refuse to belive the range is 700km the second strike capability is weakened.
as for an slbm well you need to have ssbn to launch slbm and thats about 15 years away at least your talking 2030. and pakistan cant exactly redesign the yaun to hold slbms. and no the type 32 is a test bed.
mbda-sub-launch.jpg

the chinese would have to help you or you have your hands on some existing designs. heck even the indian ssbn was made with help from the russain and they admitted it. if they got help you will need help to and even more.

also ksew is unsuitable to built subs as it made in the open and rolled out when launching. you dont have that. look at us.

astute6_1983808i.jpg

mean while in karachi you have this
a90b ksew.jpg

i say stick to slcm and develop them with larger ranges and try getting a conventional type 93 sub for them.

Back
Top Bottom