What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

@Kamil_baku I know, I understand your point but still a radar system like the one at Gabala can be useful because of the absurdly wide coverage area. I'm just saying that the important parts can be stored just in case :) Anti-radiation weapons can take out X-band radars too you know.

We're investing a lot on radar technologies, ASELSAN has a special facility dedicated to radar development and lots of engineers are working their asses off but we're not exactly there. We can't develop radars like Green Pine or AN/TPY 2 at this point. Until then, better safe than sorry :)

Okay then, You currently don't have a need for Gabala. With Green Pines in Azerbaijan and AN/TPY2s in Turkey Russians must be feeling insecure :D

Must be why they sent that IL20... few days ago... pathetic
First of all, that Radar is designed to search mostly long distances, based on some information i have been told, it can search Hind ocean. But, there is no need for these technologies nowadays. First of all, Azerbaijan is a small country, so wee dont need what is India doing over there. Second, It can search but not track many target simultaneously, and last one is it would be the first target in case of war. We purchased mobile radars. Thats what makes you powerful, with passive radar and so on.

fm99Fiu.png

First of all, that Radar is designed to search mostly long distances, based on some information i have been told, it can search Hind ocean. But, there is no need for these technologies nowadays. First of all, Azerbaijan is a small country, so wee dont need what is India doing over there. Second, It can search but not track many target simultaneously, and last one is it would be the first target in case of war. We purchased mobile radars. Thats what makes you powerful, with passive radar and so on.
Well you may need to know what Russians are doing up north :) About Azerbaijan being a small country... I don't think that will be the case forever. At some point Turkey and Azerbaijan will unite and form a federal state, I believe that.
Unfortunately our government had to sign agreement in 90s where stated that every single bit belongs to Russia except walls and land of the Gabala Radio-location base.
Okay then. Good luck with their tourism investments :)

I hope one day too. We need strong Turkey in the region. I believe, once countries will be capable of hitting nuclear warheads in the sky with laser or other weapons, the world war will start again. Thats why we have to build our armies, but not purchase them of the shefl, to develop our universities and spend billions in R&D(arge). Thats what Turkey is doing now. good job guys!!
Well you may need to know what Russians are doing up north :) About Azerbaijan being a small country... I don't think that will be the case forever. At some point Turkey and Azerbaijan will unite and form a federal state, I believe that.
Okay then. Good luck with their tourism investments :)

As i remember kalekalip's mg design was something like mg4... as you know we are big fan of HK..... :P

Back
Top Bottom