What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Someone needs to explain to me how this will get US approval. The Americans are blocking the sale of pretty much anything to Azeris as far as I know. How can you be so confident?

Someone needs to explain to me how this will get US approval. The Americans are blocking the sale of pretty much anything to Azeris as far as I know. How can you be so confident?
If you meant the Iron Dome,Israel an Azerbaijan have what we used to have with Israel.

Does not change the fact that it needs US approval, AIPAC at work in Washington?
Israel sells to whome it wants to,even with US ''pressure''.
AIPAC could have a role in this(i dont think so) but who knows.

only direct involvement of US in projects needs US approval for exports, such as Arrow II/III

Head of Defence Industry revealed requirement for 150 - 200 military helicopters, preference will be given to purchasing rather than local production.

Mi24G%20para.jpg

http://ru.apa.az/armiya-azerbaydjan...vertoletov-yavlyaetsya-necelesoobraznym-.html

Azerbaijan successfully test-fires Barak 8 long-range missile system

The Azerbaijani Armed Forces successfully test-fired its newly ordered Barak 8 long-range surface-to-air missile, on 30 December.

The new Barak 8 is a surface-to-air missile (SAM), designed to defend against any type of airborne threat including aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, and UAVs as well as combat jets out to a maximum range of 70 km (Some sources claim that 90 km).

Barak 8 was jointly developed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Israel’s Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure, Elta Systems, Rafael and other companies.

Azerbaijan ordered an operational land-based version – 12 launchers, 75 surface-to-air missiles. The Barak-8 integrated on MAZ 6×6 cross-country truck chassis.

Special forces or Police SWAT?

Azerbaijan's State Security Service.

If I am not wrong they are the successor to the recently dissolved Ministry of National Security. It was seperate from MoND.

Last edited:
Azerbaijan to conduct live-fire exercises with upgraded S-125 Pechora missile system

Inspection of the level of combat readiness of the Air Force and Air Defence troops is being continued according to the plan of combat training for 2016, approved by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.

That was reported by azeridefence.com.

During the complex training of the troops, the next live-firings of several modernized S-125 Pechora SAM were carried out. As a result of accurate shots, all the targets were destroyed.

The task on detection of the imaginary enemy violated the airspace, sending the information about it to the battle management point and immediate destruction of the targets by making the actual fire strikes has been successfully carried out during the exercise.

The results of the shootings and practical skills of military personnel involved to the exercise conducted under the supervision of the Minister of Defense, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov were highly appreciated.

http://defence-blog.com/news/azerba...th-upgraded-s-125-pechora-missile-system.html

Back
Top Bottom