What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Aerostat Skystar 300

z85XWQ-XJ0o.jpg

ww0NomxJzbY.jpg

Whats the general attitude towards Turkish products from current Azeri political perspective bro? I assume it is not at the level it was before. I always wondered to know from an Azeri.

hard to say, none of us even know what Azerbaijan has been buying for the last few years
in my opinion, they are waiting for Turkish Defence Industry to mature, Turkey couldn't deliver Firtinas, and that most likely created hesitation on future orders, we probably lost 1-2 years testing and figuring out if it could work, but ended up cancelling the order.
When Turkey develops its own engines, Azerbaijan will most likely start pushing for joint production for Altays, IFVs and etc. it would be around the time Soviet equipment would become too old.

2j5yq2u.jpg

Deliveries of Kasirga-G for Azerbaijan will be commenced in 2017.

I thought the rockets were already the G version, are they currently the same rockets used by older Kasirgas in Turkish inventory?
I believe the smaller container is Kasirga-G, previously thought to be Extra rockets

PjRw3bY.jpg

how many Mi-17s does Azerbaijan have and didn't Russia make a Mil Mi maintence facility in Baku to help Azerbaijani military care for their Mi-17s? Also do you know when Azerbaijan will receive their T-155s?

how many Mi-17s does Azerbaijan have and didn't Russia make a Mil Mi maintence facility in Baku to help Azerbaijani military care for their Mi-17s? Also do you know when Azerbaijan will receive their T-155s?

Azerbaijan ordered around 80 Mi-17s in 2010, a total of 110 to 130 in service, if you include all branches, Air Force, Border Guards, and Internal Troops, Coast Guard alone operates at least 6 Mi-17s + 1 EC145

Facility is under construction, its not meant only for the military but also for civilian market. Will be operated by SIlkway Helicopters, which is also responsible as a regional maintenance center for Eurocopter helicopters.

T-155 order was cancelled, Turkey was unable to find a good engine for Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan ordered around 80 Mi-17s in 2010, a total of 110 to 130 in service, if you include all branches, Air Force, Border Guards, and Internal Troops, Coast Guard alone operates at least 6 Mi-17s + 1 EC145

Facility is under construction, its not meant only for the military but also for civilian market. Will be operated by SIlkway Helicopters, which is also responsible as a regional maintenance center for Eurocopter helicopters.

T-155 order was cancelled, Turkey was unable to find a good engine for Azerbaijan.
because of the T-155 being canceled is that why Azerbaijan ordered the 2S19 Mstas from Russia?

because of the T-155 being canceled is that why Azerbaijan ordered the 2S19 Mstas from Russia?

no, they were ordered around the same time Firtina was ordered and in smaller numbers, 18 MSTAs were ordered, while 36 Firtinas were ordered, its possible due to Firtina being cancelled additional MSTAs were ordered, we just don't know.

I heard Azerbaijan wants to acquire Iron Dome as part of the defence plans to protect against Armenia's missiles

Back
Top Bottom