What's new

AVIC: China’s largest home-made 200-tonne class air Lifter to emerge in December

The plane does come as a pleasant surprise (to me). If it is shanzhai engine, would Russia again dispute the license rights?

Could potentially cause problems snagging any export deal, though it's clearly not the PRC's priority at this time. But it all comes down to prior license agreements, I suppose. Russians aint' dumb. It's common knowledge that in the past they just supplied 2ne-tier tech for PRC to reverse-engineer to its heart's content. But in the future, Russia may focus on export control (if not already), profit sharing and joint product development.

It's already engaged in that with Israel, India, and European players such as France. Granted, India is so far doing more funding than developing - but "indigenization" is no less a buzz word there.

So is Pakistan, for that matter - focusing on licensed and unlicensed productions. Only Saudi Arabia can and will buy the latest and greatest, although their ability to sustain anything beyond a week should Uncle pull parts support is highly doubtful. Heck, we don't even know if their civilian side will function if all the South Asians went home (based on stories told to me). :azn:

Based on what little understanding I have - key military tech are seldom patented for one reason or another.

In Uncle's own house, things are just as murky.

:cheers:

Sorry, I meant to say I don't see Russia likely strenuously objecting if it is not being exported.

But if it is for sale in its pure "Shanzhai" form, then I'd raise h#ll if I was Russian.

But Russia has "learned" and more than likely placed safe-guard clauses somewhere ... pure speculation on my part.

It is an impressive achievement.

China has gone through the most amazing transformation in the past few decades.

636cf8080702b5b91c78dcdaebf4020f.jpg

Great news! Cheers!

But I'm thinking why China changed so much in such a short time about its "security policy". You know, usually we don't refer its existence until it's in service, not as early as in design/testing phase. Who knows?

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing.

This should be it. Should very alike IL-76 but a little bigger.

Her engine:
FWS10-118

C919's engine:
SF-A

FWS-18(sanzai D-30) is for the new H-6 bomber.

Back
Top Bottom