What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

some of my family members served up there and a soldier or two falling in the glacier cravasses or washed away by avalanch is normal there but 150??

Some of the avalanches in Himalayas can be huge!

I hope everyone comes out unscathed. Fingers crossed. And if India could help in any way, they should.

Last edited by a moderator:
ISLAMABAD: An avalanche buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Siachen glacier on the border with India on Saturday, the army spokesman said.** *

Several Pakistani television channels reported earlier that about 150 soldiers were trapped.

“At six o’clock this morning this avalanche hit a (military) headquarters. Over 100 soldiers and personnel are trapped,” said the spokesman, Major-General Athar Abbas, adding that rescue teams were headed to the scene.

He said the army would comment later on whether there were any casualties.

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers-media | DAWN.COM

Pakistan Army's Battalion Headquarters at Gyari houses some 3,000 soldiers and, situated at 13,000 ft., is the second highest Battalion HQ in the Siachen conflict zone. The highest one is the Pakistan Army Battalion HQ at Gyong La, also at Siachen.

Oh !! this is so sad...Pakistan forces shold be prepared for such kinda disasters....I hope immediate rescue parties be on their way to help them out without any danger to their lives....:coffee:

I hope they are rescued ASAP.Really worried.Every day these men put their life on the line for the freedom of Pakistan.

As per ISPR helicopters are busy in rescue operation.

rescue operations underway, inshallah they will find our troops 1 by 1.

May god help them. I echo my fellow Indians wish that Indian Army should also offer help.

In the World's highest battle field weather kills more soldiers than bullets

A security official says an avalanche has buried 130 Pakistani soldiers in a Himalayan region close to India.
Sh!t!! That's bad news! I hope that figure is wrong and that most are rescued!

The weather is the biggest enemy for the troops of both countries operating in those inhospitable heights. The India Army lost 17 brave hearts in Siachen recently due to an avalanche.

Back
Top Bottom