What's new

Auto policy approved, door wide open for new entrant

I think it was on Pakwheels about the poor assembly of a Honda Civic/Accord?

The wheels have apparently fallen off Pakwheels itself too, for some reason:

PWFall.jpg

All I asked for was an announcement from Renault, which is nowhere to be found, still.

All I asked for was an announcement from Renault, which is nowhere to be found, still.
Capture.PNG

then wth is this?
this is their official confirmation,
dont consider it one then its your problem, every news report has clearly stated that Renault representative have announced,

I quoted the official renault announcement in my previous reply,
read it again

View attachment 368943

then wth is this?
this is their official confirmation,
dont consider it one then its your problem, every news report has clearly stated that Renault representative have announced,

I quoted the official renault announcement in my previous reply,
read it again

This only confirms negotiations. What is the end result? Where is the announcement of the decision?

ne·go·ti·a·tion
nəˌɡōSHēˈāSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: negotiations
  1. discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
What is the actual agreement?

This only confirms negotiations. What is the end result? Where is the announcement of the decision?

Renault would initially make an investment of $100 million to produce 6,000 vehicles per shift at the plant set up by Ghandhara Nissan Motors in Karachi. A technical team of Renault visited the plant on Thursday. Renault intends to manufacture 16,000 vehicles in three shifts and to raise the production capacity to 50,000 in two phases.

^^ thats your end result, or do you wish something else? please state
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3902064/Renault-open-plant-Pakistan-2018-Govt.html

Renault would initially make an investment of $100 million to produce 6,000 vehicles per shift at the plant set up by Ghandhara Nissan Motors in Karachi. A technical team of Renault visited the plant on Thursday. Renault intends to manufacture 16,000 vehicles in three shifts and to raise the production capacity to 50,000 in two phases.

^^ thats your end result, or do you wish something else? please state
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3902064/Renault-open-plant-Pakistan-2018-Govt.html

Even that link has no confirmation from Renault itself, only claims by third parties, Sir.

It's okay. Time will tell the truth, anyway.

=========

Renault to open plant in Pakistan by 2018: Govt
By AFP

PUBLISHED: 12:21 EST, 3 November 2016 | UPDATED: 12:21 EST, 3 November 2016

31shares
French carmaker Renault is set to break into Pakistan's rapidly growing car market with a manufacturing plant to open there by 2018, the government announced Thursday.

Pakistan's car market has for decades been dominated by Japan's Suzuki, Toyota and Honda who have been accused of colluding to fix prices for lower-quality versions of their models.

"Renault has decided to invest in Pakistan. They will start assembling cars in Pakistan by 2018," the country's Board of Investment said in a statement.

article-doc-hq91i-vCzQrrGoE078947232bf0b29281-604_634x397.jpg

+1
French carmaker Renault is set to break into the Pakistan's rapidly growing car market ©Loic Venance (AFP/File)

Board chairman Miftah Ismail had been in talks with Volkswagen, Peugeot, Renault, Fiat and Nissan, the statement said. In September the chairman took Finance Minister Ishaq Dar to France, where he persuaded Renault to invest in Pakistan.

Renault confirmed the development on Twitter, describing an "exclusive nego(tiation) to develop our brand in Pakistan, incl. a manufacturing plant".

"Groupe Renault confirms it has entered into exclusive negotiations with Ghandhara and Al Futtaim Groups to develop the Renault brand in Pakistan, including a manufacturing plant on the Ghandara site in Karachi," Renault told AFP.

Since coming to power in 2013, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government has been wooing new players into the car manufacturing sector due to rising demand.

Customers in the South Asian nation of 200 million people have to wait up to four months for a new car after making a full payment because demand outstrips supply -- as economic growth reaches its fastest pace since 2008.

The government announced in March that foreign carmakers seeking to enter the market could import machinery for their plants duty-free, in an attempt to boost competition and cut prices for local drivers.

Last year a delegation from Volkswagen visited the country but the German auto giant has not yet announced plans to build a local factory.

What is the source for the figures mentioned above?

Ghandhara Nissan submission to PSX:
lol.jpg

Plant capacity: 18,000 (3 shifts) – improved: 50,000 (3 shifts)
Source: Take my word for it :D

So that is the proposal. Where is Renault's acceptance of it?

Cars categorization according to research I had to conduct before I bought my new car, plus a couple of friends who work in these companies here).
(According to the European market)
- Japanese Cars: High Reliability (Post 100,000 miles)- Medium Comfort- Low Luxury. (Honda, Toyota)
- French Cars: Low Reliability- Medium Comfort- Medium Luxury. (Peugeot, Vauxhall, Nissan [they bought the Renault factories in the UK, and only changed the brand. Everything else is the same old Renault])

- German Cars: Medium Reliability- High Comfort- High Luxury. (BMW, Audi, VW, Merc)
- American Cars: Medium Reliability- Medium Comfort- Medium Luxury. (Ford, Chevrolet)
- Italian Cars: Low Reliability- Medium Comfort- Medium Luxury. (Alfa Romeo, Fiat)
Please note these are my own findings, and not an official permit to chew my arse.

So that is the proposal. Where is Renault's acceptance of it?

It isn't the proposal. You don't submit a proposal of investment as submission to the stock exchange. Also, read the first line: "GNL is proud to join hands with Renault" - also in the same press release "finalize the partnership"

I take Ford Shelby Mustang (can't afford one) over any European car any day, reason you don't see American build Cars in Europe as much is because the price of Gas or petrol is very high in Europe compare to North America not because they are any lesser cars
Build Quality on a German cars is far superior to anything offered by the US manufacturers, The US imports that I have seen from GM Chevrolet and Ford that are for North American market here in UK cannot compete with German offering that is why Ford in European market is all designed and built in Germany.

Petrol and Diesel pricing is a factor yes but then again a 4 litre engine is going to consume high amount of fuel regardless of location! not forgetting Fuel quality either here in the UK 95RON is lowest standard on Petrol where US has less than 95RON of petrol on offering.

It isn't the proposal. You don't submit a proposal of investment as submission to the stock exchange. Also, read the first line: "GNL is proud to join hands with Renault" - also in the same press release "finalize the partnership"

Can you please indicate a source announcing that the partnership "has been finalized" as described? After all, if Renault is investing $60 million for a brand new plant, it must have made a declaration to its stockholders at some point in time.

Build Quality on a German cars is far superior to anything offered by the US manufacturers, The US imports that I have seen from GM Chevrolet and Ford that are for North American market here in UK cannot compete with German offering that is why Ford in European market is all designed and built in Germany.

Petrol and Diesel pricing is a factor yes but then again a 4 litre engine is going to consume high amount of fuel regardless of location! not forgetting Fuel quality either here in the UK 95RON is lowest standard on Petrol where US has less than 95RON of petrol on offering.

American cars are bull-crap, the only reason American cars are still being produced is because the Yanks are very patriotic about "Made in America" BS and prefer an American product over a foreign one. The only reputable American car was a Cadillac, and even that has gone to the shitter.

Tesla is the one American car that is better than her European/Asian counterparts primarily because it has no competition.

Back
Top Bottom