What's new

ATTACK ON PRESS TV

lem34

New Recruit

Reaction score
I keep coming across people who blindly accept western news agencies. But at the same time the minute the Press TV is mentioned they cringe and say that it is propaganda. Guys wake up all news media are partisan. By all means listen to all but try to make your own mind who is telling the truth.

My personal view is that sometimes Press TV exaggerates but so does every other media corporation that I come across including the BBC.

I am going to put some you tube clips which you may find interesting

Here we have George Galloway a respected Member of Parliament in the UK. Discussing Press TV

George Galloway- OFCOM Attack Press TV, U.K Media Ignore Bahrain Uprising - YouTube

US at war with information

CONTROLLED MEDIA George Galloway: UK Bans PressTV, A Warning To Foreign News If Politically Foul - YouTube

My personal view is that sometimes Press TV exaggerates
That's an understatement. PressTV makes up entire news stories out of thin air. Other western media organizations sometimes gets details wrong, but they don't make up ENTIRE news stories. Infact i have never seen a media organization do that from any country in the world.

Here is an example
PressTV - US deploys 12,000 troops in Libya

Not one thing in that report is true or factual. None of it happened and it's a blatant lie. It was reported because the Iranian government wanted to help in the efforts to try to discredit NATO's involvement in Libya.

but so does every other media corporation that I come across including the BBC.
I have never ever seen the BBC or any other news media in the west make up completely fake news reports. I invite you to provide an example. The fact is the news is reported consistently across most media. Most media organizations share news between each other and are a part of Associated Press.

PressTV cannot be taken seriously while it is owned and operated by the Iranian Government and while the Iranian Government has a say in what it reports, which is so far fake stories to further their propaganda against other countries.

The only other countries state owned media i can think of that does this is North Korea.

Please read the article again. The article quotes a Saudi princess, not anything made up by presstv.

Actually I have SEEN the interview that they have built their article around. LoL she says NOTHING of what they said.

Haha I remember reading this article a long time back.

Please read the article again. The article quotes a Saudi princess, not anything made up by presstv.

Here is what the article says:

The princess, a niece of King Abdullah and a social activist and prominent supporter of women's rights in Saudi Arabia, has said that some 95 percent of the country live below the country's poverty-line and have no access to water and electricity.

Here is what I found on another link:

population below poverty line: 17%

SAUDI ARABIA : general data

Keep in mind this page was last edited in 2004, whereas the presstv article is from 2011. I am sure poverty has reduced a lot by now.

Haha I remember reading this article a long time back.

Here is what the article says:

Here is what I found on another link:

SAUDI ARABIA : general data

Keep in mind this page was last edited in 2004, whereas the presstv article is from 2011. I am sure poverty has reduced a lot by now.

The article is quoting someone. An authority figure in the Saudi kingdom, a princess. If the princess really says "95% of the country is below the country's poverty line", then it is alright to quote her that way. We do not know what is KSA's poverty line anyway.

As I said, you need the video of the interview to prove PressTV wrong. Other than that whatever you say before cannot prove your point since this article quotes a particular interview, not the opinion of PressTv itself.

The article is quoting someone. An authority figure in the Saudi kingdom, a princess. If the princess really says "95% of the country is below the country's poverty line", then it is alright to quote her that way. We do not know what is KSA's poverty line anyway.

As I said, you need the video of the interview to prove PressTV wrong. Other than that whatever you say before cannot prove your point since this article quotes a particular interview, not the opinion of PressTv itself.

I live in Saudi Arabia, I can assure you that 95% of the population does not live below poverty line. If that was the case, there would be starving people all over the country don't you think?

Besides, the link I provided sounds quite reliable to me, but it's up to you should you choose to believe it or not.

Here is a wikipedia link stating that $1.25 is the common international poverty line:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_threshold

She says:
"There is a misconception that all Saudi people are rich but in reality rich people in Saudi Arabia only make up 5% of the population teh rest of the population is middle class or in poverty line"
PressTV translate that into: "95% of Saudi people have no access to water and electricity"
genius.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Saudi Arabia, I can assure you that 95% of the population does not live below poverty line. If that was the case, there would be starving people all over the country don't you think?

Besides, the link I provided sounds quite reliable to me, but it's up to you should you choose to believe it or not.

Again, the article is quoting someone. If I quote your interview and you say poverty in pakistan is only 5%, it wouldn't be wrong would it? Daily we see at least 5 articles in newspapers maligning Pakistani "terrorism" by quoting pro-Indian analysts. That fully conforms to the standards of journalism however.

That's an understatement. PressTV makes up entire news stories out of thin air. Other western media organizations sometimes gets details wrong, but they don't make up ENTIRE news stories. Infact i have never seen a media organization do that from any country in the world.

Here is an example
PressTV - US deploys 12,000 troops in Libya

Not one thing in that report is true or factual. None of it happened and it's a blatant lie. It was reported because the Iranian government wanted to help in the efforts to try to discredit NATO's involvement in Libya.

I have never ever seen the BBC or any other news media in the west make up completely fake news reports. I invite you to provide an example. The fact is the news is reported consistently across most media. Most media organizations share news between each other and are a part of Associated Press.

PressTV cannot be taken seriously while it is owned and operated by the Iranian Government and while the Iranian Government has a say in what it reports, which is so far fake stories to further their propaganda against other countries.

The only other countries state owned media i can think of that does this is North Korea.

She says:
"There is a misconception that all Saudi people are rich but in reality rich people in Saudi Arabia only make up 5% of the population teh rest of the population is middle class or in poverty line"
PressTV translate that into: "95% of Saudi people have no access to water and electricity"

I wish i could understand arabic but if what you said is true then yes Press tv is indeed biased against KSA/Arab world.

Al least Press TV was saying that it was quoting from Asharq Alawsat, a London based Arabian NewsPaper.

Press TV is no worse than the NY Times or CNN.

Back
Top Bottom