At UN, Pakistan pushes for Gaza ceasefire

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
12:31 Jul 23, 2014 PAKISTAN

UNITED NATIONS: Amid escalating violence in Gaza, Pakistan has called for the intensification of international diplomatic efforts for an immediate ceasefire and revival of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks aimed at addressing root causes of the Middle East conflict.

"Violence begets violence; and peace engenders peace. The relentless bloodshed must be stopped and peace talks initiated," Ambassador Masood Khan, Pakistan's permanent representative to the U.N., told the Security Council on Tuesday, while condemning Israeli aggression in Gaza.

Expressing solidarity with the Palestinian people, he described the severe civilian suffering in Gaza, and said that the world could not believe the carnage there could not be stopped by the Security Council, the most powerful nations on earth and the influential regional organizations.

The asymmetry of the fight could not be more clear, but military might would not solve the problem, he said in the course of a debate on the Middle East situation.

"International diplomacy initiated by Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, (US) Secretary of State John Kerry and Egyptian leadership must be intensified."

A political solution must be achieved, he said, adding the relentless bloodshed must be stopped and peace talks initiated. No ceasefire proposal should be spurned and the two-State solution should be pursued in earnest.

"An independent, viable and geographically contiguous Palestinian State, on the basis of the pre-1967 borders, with Al Quds Al-Sharif as its capital, living side by side with Israel, is the only way to guarantee peace and stability in the region," Masood Khan said.

He called for a Security Council resolution demanding the immediate cessation of Israeli attacks, end to the blockade of Gaza, opening its border, and release of Palestinian prisoners.

"Children and women of Gaza are crying out for help. This Council must listen to their screams and respond," the Pakistani envoy said in conclusion. - APP

12:31 Jul 23, 2014 PAKISTAN

UNITED NATIONS: Amid escalating violence in Gaza, Pakistan has called for the intensification of international diplomatic efforts for an immediate ceasefire and revival of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks aimed at addressing root causes of the Middle East conflict.
As if anyone cares what Pakistan says!

Seriously, what has the OIC done so far? Aren't they the keepers of the Ummah? They are the first to pass 'resolutions' against India on Kashmir at the behest of Pakistan, but when it comes to far bigger issues like the Middle East, they're strangely silent!

And how about the so called 21 member Arab League in which Palestine is a member? Not a word?

Seriously, what has the OIC done so far? Aren't they the keepers of the Ummah? They are the first to pass 'resolutions' against India on Kashmir at the behest of Pakistan, but when it comes to far bigger issues like the Middle East, they're strangely silent!

And how about the so called 21 member Arab League in which Palestine is a member? Not a word?

So why the butthurt ?

And how about the so called 21 member Arab League in which Palestine is a member? Not a word
?
Actually i think you are not able to control you BS...it naturally spits out...!

At least it's not being the cheerleader where children are being massacred in masses! 400 plus deaths and still the world i silent ...if someone speaks up...question who they are or why they bothered or even smirk as low as who are you to matter...

If you dont speak up, get the easy stamping label of a hypocrite! Brava!

Yea when Pakistan speaks up automatically question them and paint them with the silent Arabs!

Talk about crazy mentality spewing hatred! :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

At least it's not being the cheerleader where children are being massacred in masses! 400 plus deaths and still the world i silent ...if someone speaks up...question who they are or why they bothered or even smirk as low as who are you to matter...

If you dont speak up, get the easy stamping label of a hypocrite! Brava!

Yea when Pakistan speaks up automatically question them and paint them with the silent Arabs!

Talk about crazy mentality spewing hatred! :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:
Last time I checked 559 ppl died and according to Ahan 70-80% were civilians .. 100 were children.. N the number is probably higher now.

I think we need to worry about own problems and let the Arab Countries sort out their issues with Israel.

Last time I checked 559 ppl died and according to Ahan 70-80% were civilians .. 100 were children.. N the number is probably higher now.
I havent been following the news too much...makes me sick to see every bastard who can do something silently watching mass murders!

I think we need to worry about own problems and let the Arab Countries sort out their issues with Israel.
We are worried about our own problems....That is why our army is in Pakistan...but closing our eyes doesnt justify anything voicing out at least makes us feel the little humanity in us...

At least we raised the Voice , what else anyone do ??
Indian are giving their support to Israeli because they themselves elect a mass murderer so nothing more to expect from them ..
and Arab nations are so incompetent and they are so scared of daddy USA that they dont even dare to give any statements

Back
Top Bottom