What's new

Astronomers reveal diamond covered planet twice the size of Earth

Yea looks like india is ready to go on a planet that is located 40 light years from Earth on its agni v missile!!!
India_Security_Council_Agni_Missile.jpg

what if agni fails in the mid distance, poor india will always remain poor infact get more poor

This could be a good incentive for the De Bers family to start financing future space exploration/exploatation. Now, thats some serious money

For anyone that doesn't know, thats the family which pretty much singlehandedly holds most of the diamond trade/sources on the world like since forever.
Recent Russian discovery might be a good enough catalyst...

De Beers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But ofcourse, as always, the fat will get fatter on the shoulders of the little guy.

It's the De Beers family. I doubt that they need to race to space since they have enough diamonds in sub Saharan Africa to export

It's the De Beers family. I doubt that they need to race to space since they have enough diamonds in sub Saharan Africa to export

Yeah, but thing is control over resources. Not letting anyone else getting them etc....

Admittedly i do not know much about how much of diamonds are actually easily extractable. I do know that deep down in the crust there are supposed to be whole pockets of huge diamonds, but that will probably be quite expensive to pull out.

At some point the price of extracting them could come close to bringing them from near Earth asteroids.

imho, my 2 cents and all that.

Possible, but very difficult and risky with our current technology.

There may be legal and regulation issues to this as well. Though, it's not outright illegal - at least by private companies.

Just last month NASA announced a robot asteroid prospector:
Asteroid Prospector

Prospecting is only the first step.

The hard part would be how to actually extract them damn diamonds :lol:

And it'd certainly be an extremely expensive and risky venture even if we do try.

Our space technology has not progressed too far ever since the space race back in the Cold War days.

Wet dreams for now :cry:

It may however be worth the risk. One asteroid could contain more resources and minerals than that of the entire Earth.

It may however be worth the risk. One asteroid could contain more resources and minerals than that of the entire Earth.

Highly doubtful. A typical asteroid would have lesser resources than even an average sized country(like Pak or Afg).:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom