What's new

Astra missile test-fired on 2nd consecutive day- AGAT seeker Tested.

Development in progress....Read somewhere it is X band

If 550 km will rattle some feathers in china higher ups, But if it really has 550 km the GOI should announce it's full range and claim its range under a guise of new indigenous missile if they scared of MTCR

Well, when it's range reaches 700KMs, it will be unveiled as our Long Range Supersonic Cruise Missile.. :cheesy:

Development in progress....Read somewhere it is X band

If 550 km will rattle some feathers in china higher ups, But if it really has 550 km the GOI should announce it's full range and claim its range under a guise of new indigenous missile if they scared of MTCR

Russians have already confirmed the new BrahMos variant at 500+ km.

No, much of India's SAM system is beam riding, so unlikely to have a home grown seeker. Neither does India have that advanced electronics industry.

AAD/PDV X-band active seeker.
DSC01814.JPG

We have active seeker for astra under development.. in Ku-band
astrabrochureso9.jpg

SO we will import the seeker for the initial production then switch it with our own , or did we just abandon the home made seeker?

Nothing has been heard on the home seeker development for quite some time, so it's safe to assume that it has been shelved from the initial production lot.

The seeker is being imported from AGAT, Russia.

I know the seeker for Astra has been imported from AGAT.
However we have our own active seekers in development for astra in Ku-band... other than that we do make active seekers for missiles.

Here's another active seeker working in Ka-band.
activeradarseekerkaband.jpg

I know the seeker for Astra has been imported from AGAT.
However we have our own active seekers in development for astra in Ku-band... other than that we do make active seekers for missiles.

Here's another active seeker working in Ka-band.
activeradarseekerkaband.jpg

Name me a surface to air, or air to air missile having active seeker, other than Astra.

I already did.

X-band active radar seeker was used for the PAD exo-atmospheric interceptor vehicle developed by the DRDO.

Yes, and they have enough space to accommodate a bigger seeker. Miniaturization will take some time to fit into ASTRA.

BMD.jpg

Yes, and they have enough space to accommodate a bigger seeker. Miniaturization will take some time to fit into ASTRA.

BMD.jpg

There is an altogether different seeker in development for Astra.
It would be in Ku-band and not X-band.

X-band seeker would have a larger antenna size hence we cannot fit such seeker inside a small missile like Astra.
Ku/Ka-band seekers are small enough to be fitted inside a small missile like Astra.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom