What's new

ARMY VETERAN’S ‘SPLIT PAK INTO 4’ TALK SPARKS OUTRAGE

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Retired Major General G D Bakshi's 'jingoistic' speech at IIT Madras has come under intense criticism on the social media after a student objected to it and brought the speech to the notice of the director of the institute. Gen Bakshi delivered the speech during a special Independence Day lecture on Thursday.

Abhinav Surya, an M Tech student, said the lecture was filled with hatred, insulted the freedom movement and made fun of it and was like "instigating violence among the students".

It was, according to Surya, a lecture "that was heavily loaded with brewing enmity, inhumanity and glorification of brutality".

Surya quoted Bakshi as saying, "In our generation, we split Pakistan into two. Your generation should split it into four. Only then we can live in peace."

The ex-army officer ridiculed the non-violent movement spearheaded by Mahatma Gandhi during the freedom struggle by describing 'ahimsa' as "nonsense".

According to Bakshi, it was the Indian army that got freedom for the country, Surya said.

In his communication to the director of IIT-M, Surya said Gen Bakshi justified the use of pellet guns against civilians in Kashmir and glorified nuclear weapons.

"As much as I want freedom of expression to be upheld, I am seriously concerned about the sustenance of peace and harmony among various students of IIT-Madras. I hope necessary action will be taken," said Surya.

"Gen Bakshi is an embarrassment to the services and what they stand for," wrote a Twitter user with the handle @Sherbir.

Apost by @sharma_amit77 read: "Gen Bakshi should stop visiting these institutions and instead he should visit NDA, IMA & OTA."

Gen Bakshi stands by his views

While the letter went viral on Friday, Bakshi chose to stand by his speech. In a Facebook post, the combat veteran said Abhinav Surya had joined a few Kashmiri students who were trying to "shout him down". He said the other students jeered and booed the group.

"Stung Abhinav fired off a rather confused and rambling letter to the Director among other things accusing me of Hate speech (against Pak if you please!!) and the usual gamut of HR violations the Leftist liberals use to demonise the Army," the FB post read.

Mumbai Mirror tried to get a comment from IIT-M Director Bhaskar Ramamurthi on the issue, but was asked to route the question through an email.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/news/in...-talk-sparks-outrage/articleshow/53681658.cms

So this is what they preach - hatred at collages and uni no wonder the people are blinded with hate and stupidity! Justifying brutality and uplifting it and then standing like a stubborn *** on it?! I suggest he visit the psychologist for all we know he prob is suffering some mental breakdown or it could just be a normal indian army thinking ...

Retired Major General G D Bakshi's 'jingoistic' speech at IIT Madras has come under intense criticism on the social media after a student objected to it and brought the speech to the notice of the director of the institute. Gen Bakshi delivered the speech during a special Independence Day lecture on Thursday.

Abhinav Surya, an M Tech student, said the lecture was filled with hatred, insulted the freedom movement and made fun of it and was like "instigating violence among the students".

It was, according to Surya, a lecture "that was heavily loaded with brewing enmity, inhumanity and glorification of brutality".

Surya quoted Bakshi as saying, "In our generation, we split Pakistan into two. Your generation should split it into four. Only then we can live in peace."

The ex-army officer ridiculed the non-violent movement spearheaded by Mahatma Gandhi during the freedom struggle by describing 'ahimsa' as "nonsense".

According to Bakshi, it was the Indian army that got freedom for the country, Surya said.

In his communication to the director of IIT-M, Surya said Gen Bakshi justified the use of pellet guns against civilians in Kashmir and glorified nuclear weapons.

"As much as I want freedom of expression to be upheld, I am seriously concerned about the sustenance of peace and harmony among various students of IIT-Madras. I hope necessary action will be taken," said Surya.

"Gen Bakshi is an embarrassment to the services and what they stand for," wrote a Twitter user with the handle @Sherbir.

Apost by @sharma_amit77 read: "Gen Bakshi should stop visiting these institutions and instead he should visit NDA, IMA & OTA."

Gen Bakshi stands by his views

While the letter went viral on Friday, Bakshi chose to stand by his speech. In a Facebook post, the combat veteran said Abhinav Surya had joined a few Kashmiri students who were trying to "shout him down". He said the other students jeered and booed the group.

"Stung Abhinav fired off a rather confused and rambling letter to the Director among other things accusing me of Hate speech (against Pak if you please!!) and the usual gamut of HR violations the Leftist liberals use to demonise the Army," the FB post read.

Mumbai Mirror tried to get a comment from IIT-M Director Bhaskar Ramamurthi on the issue, but was asked to route the question through an email.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/news/in...-talk-sparks-outrage/articleshow/53681658.cms

So this is what they preach - hatred at collages and uni no wonder the people are blinded with hate and stupidity! Justifying brutality and uplifting it and then standing like a stubborn *** on it?! I suggest he visit the psychologist for all we know he prob is suffering some mental breakdown or it could just be a normal indian army thinking ...

You are wrong lady .Both of them are right in their own perspective .
Neither you can blame General nor Surya .
Both of them are wrong in public perspective.
General's mistake was that he thought IIT audience was his regiment .He used his military language ins a prestigious institution .That was his mistake .But in fact we wont blame him but respect him.
Do you know why he speaks like that ?
He was an Army General that gives priority to his nation more than anything else .He was also a commander and during his service he saw hundreds of dead bodies of his beloved colleagues ,brave men he saw as his friends ,brothers and sons.
So noone should expect a soft words from a guy like that .
Surya's mistake was he still dont know how it would be feel like when your dear brothers comes in hundreds of bodybags .
.FYI noone hates anyone in India .
India had chances to divide a nation in four parts but chose to stay away from it because we dont want another unstable area in our region .

This bakshi is a retard! Don't take him serious! Hope that his wife will soon be receiving pension instead of him!

What is your qualification to call him like that ?
There are respectable Pak military guys in forum .Let them judge him .

General Bakshi --- You have My WholeHearted Support!!

I remember Jabalpur-------

General's mistake was that he thought IIT audience was his regiment .He used his military language ins a prestigious institution .That was his mistake .But in fact we wont blame him but respect him.
Used his military language for youth? Really is that the crap you are going to go with instead of coming out and saying a wrong a wrong?

He was an Army General that gives priority to his nation more than anything else .
Let me get this right he gives priority to his nation and killing and filling hatred is fine meaning he wants a youth for the next generation to suffer from anxiety and depression? Or just hate filled idiots who will kill around for fun?

I am not sure how that is the job of your army to create mentally sick youth?

He was also commander and during his service he saw hundreds of dead bodies of his beloved colleagues ,brave men he saw as his friends ,brothers and sons.
So he is suffering from PTST? Do you think such a man should go lecture youth?

So noone should expect a soft words from a guy like that .
So its fine to spit hatred? And make fun of the following:

I am not sure which elder of yours who loves you grows you up with hatred...Is it a norm in india?
brewing enmity, inhumanity and glorification of brutality".
I guess I SEE the example below:
General Bakshi --- You have My WholeHearted Support!!

I remember Jabalpur-------

India had chances to divide a nation in four parts but chose to stay away from it because we dont want another unstable area in our region .
And this is a brilliant example of what speeches like that army veteran's hate filled BS does to youth

What is your qualification to call him like that ?
You need qualifications to call hitler like behaviour as retarded? :o:

"SPARKS OUTRAGE" where??? i dont see any thing like that here in Tamil Nadu or in Chennai(Madras).. it happens only to our neighbours who get outrage.!!
News is from india in indian paper ask the author ;)

Or do you not read your own paper written by your own people regarding their own reaction?

intellectuals
EQ is the new IQ not hate filled hitler like words

One could understand if he was delivering a speech at say the military academy or even on the armed forces open day but at a technology institute.....the man has surely lost the plot and is desperate to remain relevant.
Not really, you dont say shit like
then only we will get peace
that is like admitting you arent at peace and something is eating you and hence you are weak!

Used his military language for youth? Really is that the crap you are going to go with instead of coming out and saying a wrong a wrong?

Let me get this right he gives priority to his nation and killing and filling hatred is fine meaning he wants a youth for the next generation to suffer from anxiety and depression? Or just hate filled idiots who will kill around for fun?

I am not sure how that is the job of your army to create mentally sick youth?

So he is suffering from PTST? Do you think such a man should go lecture youth?

So its fine to spit hatred? And make fun of the following:

I am not sure which elder of yours who loves you grows you up with hatred...Is it a norm in india?

I guess I SEE the example below:

And this is a brilliant example of what speeches like that army veteran's hate filled BS does to youth

You need qualifications to call hitler like behaviour as retarded? :o:

Or do you not read your own paper written by your own people regarding their own reaction?

EQ is the new IQ not hate filled hitler like words

Not really, you dont say shit like that is like admitting you arent at peace and something is eating you and hence you are weak!

I am Not Youth --- I am 69 YearYoung -- who has seen enough.....

Great Leaders in Pakistan make no Hate speeches on India.
Your Nation is clean and as Glass

if i tell the same when your country news paper written articles are all true? LoL

We may or may not agree with what he said but being in a democracy he is completely entitled to his opinion.
opinion doesnt mean you say such stuff to youth....they are your future do you really want a depressed or overly anxious next generation that literally thinks their past army general were weaklings who were never at peace? or that is what happens when you join the indian army - you become crazy and spit only hatred? :o:

if i tell the same when your country news paper written articles are all true? LoL
You should see indians here trying desperately that everything in Pakistani papers are true...I only told you to ask your reporter :enjoy:

I am Not Youth --- I am 69 YearYoung -- who has seen enough.....
And you are still not at peace? I feel sorry for you :enjoy:

They're so obsessed with splitting Pakistan lol. Pathetic. And then they wonder why we have such attitudes towards them.
We actually shouldnt....they are doing a pretty good job destroying the next generation without our help ;)

Great Leaders in Pakistan make no Hate speeches on India.
Your Nation is clean and as Glass
and the veteran's speech is kicking in! even for a 6 decade old man :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom