What's new

Army to pay $10.5 million in unpaid gas bills

s90

Reaction score
The Sui Northern Gas Pipeline company issued notices to the Pakistan army, president’s secretariat, parliament house, Federal Board of Revenue and 500 others who have defaulted on their gas payments.

These institutions have not paid bills amounting to over Rs1.5 billion which were due on May 26.

Earlier this week, the Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO) added the Prime Minister Secretariat and the Parliament House to the defaulters’ list and warned that they would severe their electricity connection if the bills were not paid.

Sources said that these institutions were issued notices to pay the bill in two days or their electricity connections would be cut.

The following are on the SNGP’s list of defaulters:

Pakistan Army: Rs900 million

Parliament House: Rs110 million

Federal Lodges: Rs16 million

PIMS Hospital: Rs20 million

Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology Cantt Rawalpindi: Rs22 million.

Sindh House: Rs 1.8 million

Islam Hospital Complex: Rs2.5 million

Sahala Police Training Center: Rs28 million

Adiyala Jail: Rs5 million

Registrar Office Islamabad: Rs4.1 million

Pakistan Revenue Sector: Rs3.5 million

Poly Family Hospital: Rs5 million

CDA Secretariat Building: Rs 2.5 million

Q-Block Pak Secretariat: Rs9 million

PM Secretariat: Rs5 million

SNGP declares Army, government institutions defaulters – The Express Tribune

well done by the electric companies!.....if the army gives the bills....i consider it a huge step forward!

I think its problem at MES's end, they are responsible for all bills of electricity, gas and water...

PAC should take a notice of this news, if MES has not informed Sui Northern Gas about delay in payment...then definitely corruption is done here.

but i dont think that MES has the funds, rather it has only the controls, and delivery of payment is done by MES but the funds are given by the other allocated authority. i may be wrong here.

MES is the most 'corrupt' organization IMO esp if you have dealt with it.

but i dont think that MES has the funds, rather it has only the controls, and delivery of payment is done by MES but the funds are given by the other allocated authority. i may be wrong here.

If MES has no funds, then it means something is cooking at the top most level. All types of minor or major repair is job of MES...a broken chair or tap is to be repaired by them....its impossible that they ran out of funds, army generates its own revenue too from various sources too.

The only reason for AFIC's case would be that since new OPD building has been made few months ago, some new equipment is bought too. May be they don't have enough funds to pay gas bills.

Back
Top Bottom