What's new

Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen

Any concrete news about BLK-II, and production line of BLK-II, waiting waiting and waiting for Block - II ????

Gripen is based on Swedish and major latest high European technologies, plus an American engine.
If Pakistan had no money issue like Sweden, and had access to the same technologies and engines from Europe and the US, it would have certainly made something like Gripen or EF. But given the circumstances, the fact that Pakistan has its own fighter aircraft that is 70% (my own estimate) for block 1 and 80% for block 2 as potent as the Gripen, is almost a miracle, Block 3 can be 90% as potent as the Gripen if not 100%, for a much lesser price and mostly much less hassles of all kind.

where did you get this from? is there something significant or a typical fanboy art?

PAC promotional video screen grab ....

can you share it here ? or provide me with the link ?

@Mani2020 enjoy ....... ;)

@Munir i want to know about the authenticity of video which you posted as I found something very interesting in this video at 05:08, a guy was designing or viewing this digram of JF-17 which look different then the current JF-17 fuselage.....

this video is actually posted by PAC at vimeo....is it authentic account of PAC....??

JF1.jpg

393168_390095291106519_68027260_n.jpg

R9F4hiZ.jpg

Last edited:
Gripen is based on Swedish and major latest high European technologies, plus an American engine.
If Pakistan had no money issue like Sweden, and had access to the same technologies and engines from Europe and the US, it would have certainly made something like Gripen or EF. But given the circumstances, the fact that Pakistan has its own fighter aircraft that is 70% (my own estimate) for block 1 and 80% for block 2 as potent as the Gripen, is almost a miracle, Block 3 can be 90% as potent as the Gripen if not 100%, for a much lesser price and mostly much less hassles of all kind.

Hi,

So that means the capabilities of paf are around 10 to 15 years behind for not chosing the gripen. The bottom line always stays the same---what are these aircraft going to be used against----. You have to have parity---some of your aircraft must compete mano a mano against the enemy frontline.

Hi,

So that means the capabilities of paf are around 10 to 15 years behind for not chosing the gripen. The bottom line always stays the same---what are these aircraft going to be used against----. You have to have parity---some of your aircraft must compete mano a mano against the enemy frontline.
That is the role of the F-16s for now, maybe J-10B/C or J-31 in the near future. The JF-17 is for support for now since it is a multirole fighter, and its role will increase alongside its increasing sophistications.

Now that india has confirmed that it will go ahead with the french rafale.

should we opt for the Saab gripen to counter it?

is it a feasible option for PAF?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom