DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
  • 04 JANUARY, 2017
  • SOURCE: FLIGHTGLOBAL.COM
  • BY: ARIE EGOZI
  • TEL AVIV
Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has so far exported 40 Kfir Block 60 upgraded fighter aircraft, and plans to assemble and upgrade another 12-14 for Argentina.

Sources say negotiations about the proposed sale to Argentina are about to resume, following two previous rounds of talks that did not result in a contract.

Sources in Latin America say the price of the proposed deal is the main stumbling block, but “not the only one”.

The Kfir Block 60 is the latest version of the fighter, which includes J-79 engines. It also takes the aircraft back to zero flight hours after a total overhaul, and will cover the next 1,600 flight hours before another overhaul is required.

The upgraded fighter carries an Elta 2032 active electronically scanned array radar, and will have an open architecture that will allow the customer to install other systems.

According to Elta, the radar provides an all-aspect, look-down, shoot-down performance, operating simultaneous multi-mode air-to-air and advanced strike missions.

Kfir jets are in service with the air forces of Colombia, Ecuador and Sri Lanka.

The Colombian air force has upgraded its Kfirs to the existing level, dubbed C-10/12, which includes an Elta EL/M-2032 radar, a Rafael Litening targeting pod, a head-up display colour cockpit, and an aerial refuelling system.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/argentinian-kfir-negotiations-set-to-resume-432865/

Columbian jet

kfir-dreamland_resort21.jpg

kfir_c10-the_aviationist1.jpg

kfir_nellis_afb_website1.jpg

Argentina doesn't need those ageing kfirs should buy some good European delta canards or Russian jets.
Even second hand f-16s(perhaps Israeli) can also do.

Why isnt Israel further developing its KFIR programe?

Why isnt Israel further developing its KFIR programe?
develop jet fighter you mean no money for this
And even if we did had money certain US pressure on us not to develop a jet fighter to not compete in the market as they did in the 80s

They paid the price
when we sold the plane to china

Argentina doesn't need those ageing kfirs should buy some good European delta canards or Russian jets.
I don't think you realize how little they can spend on this....

I thought that according to some haters on here Israel doesnt have the capability/can't build a fighter jet? :undecided:

now we sell old f 16 40 of them they can consider it

I thought that according to some haters on here Israel doesnt have the capability/can't build a fighter jet? :undecided:
israel have biuld in the 80s usa fund it and stop the project they affriad competiotion
id we did it in 1987 we can do it now
after that we sold it to china its there j 10

Relax dude we got your back!!! Its because of us you became the best AF in the Middle East. But some yahoos here from the China PDF Platoon are claiming they came up with the designs on their own. How is that?

develop jet fighter you mean no money for this
And even if we did had money certain US pressure on us not to develop a jet fighter to not compete in the market as they did in the 80s

They paid the price
when we sold the plane to china

Same question @mike2000 is back but I think they are capable of doing it (with our "HELP" ofcourse)
Where the hell have you been buddy?

Relax dude we got your back!!! Its because of us you became the best AF in the Middle East. But some yahoos here from the China PDF Platoon are claiming they came up with the designs on their own. How is that?

Same question @mike2000 is back but I think they are capable of doing it (with our "HELP" ofcourse)
Where the hell have you been buddy?
we can do it without your help amricans we just need engine thats all
we develop it alone in 1987 and we make some of the best avionics in the world its just quistion of money

the last time argentina used foreign military equipment it was a total failure for them

i hope this time israel can turn the table completely around and win them a victory against Great Britain :lol:

I am sure Great Britain would love to sell some Eurofighters to Argentina, NOT, and noone else will sell it,
not even used planes.
France will side with Great Britain, so no Rafale.
Brazil will not be allowed to sell Gripen, since that will require a redesign of those parts which are manufactured in the UK.

So which EuroCanard you were proposing?

Back
Top Bottom