What's new

any doctors in here??

how is it like?? i mean is it difficult??? learning curve??? when compared to other specialities like urology,neurosurgery??

depends on aptitude - if you are doing private practice aswell, then you have no social/family life

preping for pg is damn tough in India.
brain ka surma ban jata hai.

actually in iran its visa vers !!!! girls are taking all the seats in universitys !!!!
in my own classroom there are 110 students 70 of em are girls!!!!:pissed::lol:
none of whom are married !!!!

iran is different, one of reason why they have lowest population growth in the region.
in pakistan bachelars i mean MBBs/MD girls are 60% with exception of KPK and baluchistan but they dont follow post graduate usually

in pakistan now trend for females is to take the easy route, they follow basic sciences, radiology or become GPs
im my class in KPK peshwar we had 65 females and 180 males. my class was that of 2007-2012 so females have slightly grown in number

in pakistan now trend for females is to take the easy route, they follow basic sciences, radiology or become GPs
im my class in KPK peshwar we had 65 females and 180 males. my class was that of 2007-2012 so females have slightly grown in number

we are starting a pro-man campaign in iran:lol:
i recommend u guys join us !!!! girls are taking everything!!! jobs , positions , etc

Just finished MBBS..

congrats !!!!:smitten:
wish i was in ur position !!!
i have 4 yrs to go:cry:

i think we should change the threads title to "crazy docs incorporated" !!!:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:

Does anybody know the results of this award?

North American Research Scholars Competition 2013
For Medical Students, Graduates looking for residency, Residents and Fellows.
At the APPNA Convention, Orlando-Florida, July 3-7, 2013
Deadline for submission extended till June 18th 2013

The APPNA Committee for Young Physicians (CYP) and the Research, Education and Scientific Affairs Committee (RESA) would like to announce the annual Student/Resident/Fellow research competition. We have established monetary prizes for the top 3 original research abstracts presented at the annual conference in each category. In addition all accepted presentations will be awarded “Research Appreciation Certificates”.

We have designed the research competition into 2 separate categories: One for all basic science/translational research, clinical studies and quality control initiatives poster presentation in any specialty. The second category would be individual interesting cases/ Clinical Vignette poster presentations in any specialty. Six finalists will be selected by a panel of independent judges for top 3 prizes in each category. The top poster presenter in each category will win a $500 cash prize followed by second place prize of $300 and third place of $100 cash prize. The deadline for abstract submission is midnight EST, June 7, 2013. Previous research submissions to other conferences are eligible for re-submission, provided that there is no embargo from any other conference. All entrants must be APPNA members (membership is free for medical students, residents and fellows). All accepted abstracts will be notified by an e-mail acceptance/invitation letter within 7-10 days. Abstracts should be e-mailed to the APPNA.YPN.RESEARCH@**********.

We encourage all applicants to investigate options for travel funding from their departments and institutions since many will provide funding for national presentations. Only one abstract may be submitted per member. Entrants must be able to attend the research competition at the APPNA Convention from July 3-7, 2013. Day of research competition is Saturday July 6, 2013.

Submission Guidelines:
A structured abstract of no more than 400 words and not exceeding one page, consisting of four paragraphs, with the headings: Background (the hypothesis of the study must be clearly stated here), Methods, Results, and Conclusions.

Please submit the abstract as an e-mail attachment in MS Word.
In the text/body of the e-mail please include the Abstract Title, list of authors, Institution(s), contact information of the entrant including name, title (med student/resident/fellow, specialty, year, name of school/institution), address, telephone, and e-mail.

Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in disqualification.
Any questions regarding submissions, please contact Dr. Mehdi Ansari or Dr. Rizwan Naeem at APPNA.YPN.RESEARCH@**********. We look forward to your participation!

If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you will have to present a poster with your case/study details at the competition. Timing of the event will be emailed on acceptance. All posters should have the title of the case/study, authors, institution and disclosures listed at the top.

Dr. Musarrat Moon Dr. Rizwan Naeem Dr. Dr. Mehdi Ansari Dr. Jalil Khan
Chair local YP program Chair RESA Co-Chair, YPC Advisor, YPC
Dr. Javed Suleman, President APPNA 2013

we are starting a pro-man campaign in iran:lol:
i recommend u guys join us !!!! girls are taking everything!!! jobs , positions , etc

congrats !!!!:smitten:
wish i was in ur position !!!
i have 4 yrs to go:cry:
woo! so u are in second year M.B.BS. ??

getting iñto radiology at is easier in Pakistan??? in india u need to be a topper to get a seat!!

does majority of indian medical colleges has modules/semester type examination?or annual?

does majority of indian medical colleges has modules/semester type examination?or annual?

here in odisha it is both semester and annual. in annual format 4 exams 1+1 1/2 +1 +1 .there is 20% weightage of of semester marks in annual exams.

Back
Top Bottom