What's new

Another Face of Kashmir Narrative Story # AsliKashmir

@John Reese Thanks for the tag, will troll it tomorrow :yes4:

Chakwali does not mark the end of Kashmir. Beyond Chakwali starts the glacier and thence Dras.

These people of Gurez are actually pro India .... had a lovely time roaming there and great people ... but they need political help and development. That is what I and @Joe Shearer have been cribbing about ...

Although I do not agrees with Zee News and its political stand on various issues.

I would post this article here -

Separatists keep own kids away from harm's way

By Ritu Sharma

Published: 17th Jul 2016 08:01:45 AM

• Child.jpg

Separatist leaders pray in Kashmir
NEW DELHI: In another summer of protests, 38 Kashmiri youth have lost their lives and over 3,100 have been reportedly injured, but the sons, daughters and siblings of the rabble-rousing leaders are conspicuous by their absence from the crowds. Junaid Qureshi, a rights activist and son of J&K Democratic Liberation Party Chairman and separatist leader Hashim Qureshi said, “If Jihad (guns and stones) is so pious, why don’t Kashmiri separatists or their children pick up guns? Why are their children tucked away in safe places?”

Separatists.JPG

A little research would reveal that the children of the separatist leaders are in reality opting for education and career-oriented approaches rather than weilding guns/stones.

Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 86, hardline separatist leader of the conglomerate of the separatist parties in Jammu and Kashmir—All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC)—has not been able to convince his children of his ideology. “His elder son Nayeen Geelani and his wife Bajiya are practicing medicine in Rawalpindi (Pakistan) and his younger son lives in South Delhi. One of his daughters Farhat Geelani is a teacher in Jeddah and her husband is working as an engineer there,” sources said. None of his sons has intentions of following in his father’s footsteps.

All of Geelani’s grandchildren are studying in leading Christian missionary schools. His cousin Ghulam Nabi Fall is presently in London.

SAS Geelani is not the only leader, who has chosen to keep his children away from harm’s way.

Sarwar Yakub, son of the spokesperson of the Geelani-led faction of APHC Ayaz Akbar, is presently studying management in Pune. Another Hurriyat leader Abdul Aziz Dar alias General Moosa’s one son has studied Computer Applications and another is in the Animal Husbandry Department. General Moosa had earned the moniker for being the active member of the proscribed terrorist group of Hizbul in 1990s. He had played a crucial role in triggering and sustaining stone-pelting protests in Kashmir in 2010.

Asiya Andrabi heads the Dukhtaran-e-Millat (daughters of the nation). Since 1990s, she along with her husband Ashiq Husain Faktoo have been instrumental in setting up base for a ‘jihadist’ movement in Kashmir. Importance of education is not lost on Andrabi, who herself holds a degree in bio-chemistry. She has been a major detractor of Indian establishment, sought Indian passports for her sons to send them to Malaysia for studies.

“Her elder son Mohammad bin Qasim is pursuing Bachelor’s of Info Tech at Islamic University of Malyasia and her younger son Ahmad bin Qasim is studying in a Christian missionary school in the Valley,” sources added. Her sister Mariyam Andrabi is also settled in Malaysia.

Masarat Alam, the former top commander of pro-Pakistan terrorist outfit Hezbollah who joined APHC under Geelani in 2003, is said to be the architect of the 2008 Amarnath land agitation and 2010 unrest in the valley. The 48-year-old who comes from a businessman family is touted as the successor of Geelani. Even as education of Kashmir children is disrupted in the face of sporadic unrest, his children are said to be studying in “good schools” in Delhi.

Dr. Umer Farooq, the chairman of the moderate wing of Hurriyat Conference and ‘Mirwaiz’ (chief cleric) of Kashmir, has been married to a US citizen of Kashmiri origin. His sister Rabia Farooq, a doctor, is also reported to be living in the US.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/the...-from-harms-way/2016/07/17/article3532723.ece

I intended to post this article on a different/relevant thread but that thread was soon transferred to Kashmir War section and couldn't post it there because of the limitations of not being a senior member.

Last edited:
Burhan-Wani-Onlykashmir.in_-400x240.jpg

the Re Borne of Kashmir Independent Movement against illegal Indian occupation and 700000 illegal Indian army troops committing war crimes against civilians and violating Human Rights of Innocent Kashmiri peoples.

View attachment 319297
the Re Borne of Kashmir Independent Movement against illegal Indian occupation and 700000 illegal Indian army troops committing war crimes against civilians and violating Human Rights of Innocent Kashmiri peoples.

give breakdown of 700,000 troops please. and off topic stop trolling

View attachment 319297
I can see his Innocense in his eyes and hands.

I want to know, what percentage in the valley are pro freedom and how many are there otherwise. The Kashmir being a disputed territory has had its bad days. I want to know what compels these common people to get involved in the freedom movement if India is being so nice and kind.

No you need to check your eye sight than you will be able to saw Kashmiri freedom movement after his Shahadat.

I want to know, what percentage in the valley are pro freedom and how many are there otherwise. The Kashmir being a disputed territory has had its bad days. I want to know what compels these common people to get involved in the freedom movement if India is being so nice and kind.

Are you seriously asking a figure? If you are open to a narrative other than official Pakistani one, in Kashmir valley:

These are strictly rough figures not sourced

Of those who have some opinion (maybe 40 odd percent not more)

Majority are for independent Kashmir
Minority for Pakistan
Minority for India

(the latter group is roughly similar that is for India or Pakistan. But given an option with economic and security aspects, India was a choice, if only religion was a criteria it was Pakistan between the two exclusively. The only thing that kept people in independent was not a true desire for independence, rather it was to do with frustrations over the state being gifted yet under developed and poorly governed; they felt the state would do better as an independent nation)

There is less of freedom movement than frustration with the local government. The infrastructure is bad, the education level is dismal and the economy stagnant. Rampant corruption and a thriving nexus between the politicians and separatist who have a stranglehold on trade and commercial activities, has made people take up Pakistani flags just to finger the local administration.

Make no mistake, if Pakistan was to attack today, the average Kashmiri will be pissed off with them faster than they can say the words.

Pakistan has no desire to 'attack' by the way but since we have a connection with the Muslims and situation of Kashmir has time and again bothered Pakistan in many ways. We are party to the solution hence it is good to know. We have always been of the opinion of what people may choose.

Since militancy has become rampant in our region and those bordering us, this issue has to be settled. No more time for this burning fire. What do you think state of india might suggest as a solution?

Thanks for the effort you put in to answer me, I had an idea that they rather would want to be independent.

Pakistan has no desire to 'attack' by the way but since we have a connection with the Muslims and situation of Kashmir has time and again bothered Pakistan in many ways. We are party to the solution hence it is good to know. We have always been of the opinion of what people may choose.

Since militancy has become rampant in our region and those bordering us, this issue has to be settled. No more time for this burning fire. What do you think state of india might suggest as a solution?

Thanks for the effort you put in to answer me, I had an idea that they rather would want to be independent.

Will tag you into another thread. Am retiring for the night. You can catch up with some knowledgeable people cutting across the boundaries. If you care to.

Let me add another angle here, the political one.

Most of the Muslims (Sunni) all over India will not vote for BJP. The Valley is dominated by people who will never vote for BJP.
People who vote for BJP or might vote or neutrals are extremely happy with the killing of these terrorists. BJP's image in their minds has increased as people who will deal with terrorists in a tough manner.

Politically BJP has no reason to stop doing what they are doing in Kashmir. It is a win win for them and the country.
For BJP it is getting them more and more votes and for the country it means terrorists and potential terrorists are eliminated.

So, let us know why BJP should commit political suicide by going soft on these people? You know, the people who would never vote for BJP.

It is not about bjp or what they do. It is rather about having a desirable solution for us so the things can move on. I want to know what can be done to get the things settled with a neighbor who has an issue with us in this region, our armies are deployed as far as Siachin. How to normalise this situation or contribute to the normalization of this border?
Let me add another angle here, the political one.

Most of the Muslims (Sunni) all over India will not vote for BJP. The Valley is dominated by people who will never vote for BJP.
People who vote for BJP or might vote or neutrals are extremely happy with the killing of these terrorists. BJP's image in their minds has increased as people who will deal with terrorists in a tough manner.

Politically BJP has no reason to stop doing what they are doing in Kashmir. It is a win win for them and the country.
For BJP it is getting them more and more votes and for the country it means terrorists and potential terrorists are eliminated.

So, let us know why BJP should commit political suicide by going soft on these people? You know, the people who would never vote for BJP.

It is not about bjp or what they do. It is rather about having a desirable solution for us so the things can move on. I want to know what can be done to get the things settled with a neighbor who has an issue with us in this region, our armies are deployed as far as Siachin. How to normalise this situation or contribute to the normalization of this border?

Only one solution.
Make the LOC as international border and become friends.

Our history linked with religious animosity is such that any other solution would never be acceptable.

There may have been a time decades back for alternate solution but with the Kashmiri Pandits issue, the whole narrative went from independence to religious one.

Sorry to say this but politics play a huge role in these things. As of now there is no party that has the political capital for any other solution than converting LOC into IB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom