What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Meteksan's Ka-Band is better suited for UAV applications where weight is a critical factor..

E3amAq.jpg

http://www.thesis.bilkent.edu.tr/0006574.pdf

Because of "CATS"?
no payload includes aselfir 300,and sar/isar systems,we almost know that aselfir 300 near 130-140 kg with subsystems,but we do not know the exact weight of sar/isar payload with subssytems,but if the 240 kg total payload is true so we can guess it should be around 100 kg, I think adding winglet to anka helped 20 percent more weight to carry payloads thats near 40 kg,so anka was able tocarry 240 kg payload without disturbing flight characteristics.Anka S can carry almost 50 kg less heavy CATS so if the SATCOM more than that,Anka S flight limits will be effected inferiorly,its like problem solving beauce of limited knowledge of the payloads characteristics

Hi guys I recently joined the forum to ask some questions about the Anka and the TFX and clear the confusion in my mind. I asked my question about the TFX and there were some great responses. Now I have some questions about the ANKA. I will be grateful if you could share your opinions.
1- FlightGlobal Claims that in 2013 Turkish air force ordered 10 Anka Block B systems. However most other sources claim the order was for Anka S not Block B. Tbh the latter makes more sense because the air force wants SATCOM capabilities AFAIK, and Block B doesn't have it.

2- Regardless of the type, what does the 10 Anka systems include? How many ground stations, how many air vehicles etc.

3- I read on some news sites that EGM wants to buy 5 systems (15 UAVs). Has a contract been signed between EGM and TAI? How many contracts are there in total (I mean are there any from the NAVY, EGM, Land Forces, MIT, foreign countries etc.)

4- How many types of ANKA have you heard of? I know the basic Block A, the Block B with SAR, the Anka S with SATCOM. I have also heard of some Anka I that will have a GAG camera. Is there anything else you heard?

5- I heard that the NAVY wants to buy Anka B (that has SAR radar). But as far as I know SAR is mostly used for ground mapping. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to buy one with infrared cameras only? Can you please explain the reasoning behind this.

Thank you all in advance. I appreciate your help.

Good questions... Indeed, very very good questions...
Thank you. I wish someone had answers, though. Come on guys, you don't have to answer all of my questions just answer the ones you know.

Last edited:
is that the cats, mock up? this one seems bigger than previous one

Back
Top Bottom