What's new

Anger as Muslim women denied service at French eatery

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I think the French are overdoing it.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...fuses-serve-muslim-women-160828175602787.html

09e421c267b14cd8ad9ef7c294bca6a1_18.jpg

The incident reportedly occurred on Saturday night, raising concerns for increasing Islamophobia in the republic [File: Reuters]

Social media users have expressed anger after a video posted online appeared to show two Muslim women in France being told to leave a restaurant by a man, reportedly the eatery's boss, who called all Muslims "terrorists".

"Terrorists are Muslims, and all Muslims are terrorists. This sentence says it all, analyse it," the man said in the video released on Sunday.

The incident reportedly took place the night before at the Le Cenacle restaurant in Tremblay-en-France, an area on the suburbs of the capital Paris.

"People like you, I don't want them here," he continued, "you are imposing yourself here [...] get out."

The women, one of whom appeared in the video wearing a headscarf, said they would leave.

Reports in France said that the man apologised on Sunday to a group of young people and members of the local Muslim community who had gathered outside Le Cenacle to ask him to explain his comments.

The restaurateur reportedly said one of his friends had died in the attack on the Bataclan concert hall in November 2015.

In a message on Twitter, Laurence Rossignol, the French minister for families, children and women's rights, said she had ordered an investigation and called for sanctions against the "intolerable behaviour" of the restaurant's boss.

The man's comments follow a fierce debate in recent months about Muslim integration and France's interpretation of secular values, emerging after a string of attacks around the country.

Several French towns have recently taken the decision to ban a full-body swimsuit worn by some Muslim women, known as the burkini, in public, causing more uproar.

France's highest administrative court on Friday suspended the ban in the Mediterranean town of Villeneuve-Loubet, pending a definitive ruling.

President Francois Hollande also came out last week to warn against "stigmatisation" of Muslims, along with other politicians.

The footage of the incident at the restaurant has been shared widely on social media, garnering many reactions of concern for increasing Islamphobia in the country.

Follow
Maga @Arsenalista5

What happened at #Cenacle is disgusting. Now we can't eat where we want. We can't go to the beach dressed as we want. Second-class citizens.

4:44 PM - 28 Aug 2016
Follow
Djamé @zehavoc

One day, just one day without the feeling that apartheid is coming. Is that too much to ask? #Cenacle

6:44 PM - 28 Aug 2016
Follow
Rim-Sarah Alouane @RimSarah

Now in France, you have people kicking Muslims out of restaurants. I wonder who are not respecting republican values here #Tremblay #Cenacle

3:35 PM - 28 Aug 2016

Another social media user, Peter Allen, said: "If you think mainstream racism is all a stunt in France, watch what happened to 2 women in Paris restaurant on Sat."

In response to the incident, the Committee against Islamophobia in France (CCIF) said it would bring "psychological and legal assistance" to both women.

"What kills me in the scandalous video #Cenacle is the indifference of other clients," the committee's director, Marwan Muhammed, said on Twitter.

Wow, they'll probably start building concentration camps soon.

France has always been racist, very racist

There policies towards their immigrant populations have been hostile for decades

Paris restaurant refuses to serve Muslim women
By News Desk
Published: August 29, 2016
14SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
Videos posted on social media appear to show the chef refusing to serve two Muslim customers. PHOTO: Youtube

A video posted online appeared to show two Muslim women in France being told to leave a restaurant by a man, reportedly the restaurant’s chef, who termed all Muslims “terrorists”.

“The terrorists are Muslim and all Muslims are terrorists… They recently killed a priest. This is a secular country and I have a right to an opinion,” the man said in the video released on Sunday. “People like you, I don’t want them here,” he continued, “you are imposing yourself here […] get out.”

The incident reportedly took place on the Saturday at the Le Cenacle restaurant, which is on the 2016 Michelin guide, located in Tremblay-en-France, an area in the suburbs of Paris.

French PM calls for ban on hijab at universities

The women, one of whom appeared in the video wearing a headscarf, said they would leave. “I do not wish to be served by a racist,” she is heard saying. The footage of the incident at the restaurant has been shared widely on social media.

On Sunday, members of the local Muslim community gathered outside the restaurant in protest, which led the man to eventually apologise and reveal that his friend was killed in the attack on the Bataclan in November, 2015. The CCIF (Committee Against Islamophobia in France) has issued a statement of support to the two women and pledged to give “emotional and legal support” to them.

“What kills me in the scandalous video #Cenacle is the indifference of other clients,” the committee’s director Marwan Muhammed said on Twitter. In a message on Twitter, Laurence Rossignol, the French minister for families, children and women’s rights said she had ordered an investigation and called for sanctions against the “intolerable behaviour” of the restaurant’s manager.

More non-Muslims buying burkinis as France enforces ban

According to Le Parisien, the chef has now been interviewed by police on suspicion of enacting “racial discrimination.” He has since told local media, “I spoke out of turn and I apologise, I have a friend who died in the Bataclan attack and wrongly mixed everything up. I do not truly believe the things I said, my comments did not reflect what I really think.”

Some people took to Twitter to express their anger, starting the hashtag#Cenacle.

France has always been racist, very racist

There policies towards their immigrant populations have been hostile for decades

Then I suppose immigrants should skip France - that might apparenly work out for all concerned.

Absurd to say the least.. But on hindsight it's the legacy of successive European left leaning loonies, their open door policies for any third world extremists to enter and run riot over the local populace, They created ethnic ghetto's for their political survival, Created minority block vote bases, Didn't really care who voted for them

Now the masses are retaliating, At most times unfairly, Moderate people turning racists seeing their life and way of life under threat from aliens.. Unfortunately it's the every day Muslim person that have to suffer from this backlash not the radical brain-dead extremists or the politicians that accommodated them

Why harass ordinary Muslims? They have as much to do with a terrorist as an ordinary white French - that is nothing!
Like all French, they pay taxes to the government to ensure public safety. What else do you expect this lady to do? There is nothing they can do to stop an indoctrinated maniac from driving over people.

Since Thats His his restaurant he Can ask anyone to leave .
And if he some problem with muslims he should put a sign

As for these things happening in france
People in world we need to understand this
The biggest victim of terrorism are muslims
And these kind of people and small acts just spread more hatred

I hope we humans instead of killing and hating each other realise how small we are in this universe and act and work for the betterment of our fellow humans

Since Thats His his restaurant he Can ask anyone to leave .
And if he some problem with muslims he should put a sign

As for these things happening in france
People in world we need to understand this
The biggest victim of terrorism are muslims
And these kind of people and small acts just spread more hatred

I hope we humans instead of killing and hating each other realise how small we are in this universe and act and work for the betterment of our fellow humans
i am sure there is a french law that stops you from discriminating against a customer on basis of gender, race or religion.. once you trade publicly(get license) its not like any other private property.

Back
Top Bottom