What's new

An interesting 20 minute long documentary about Asir province (KSA): Sand in an Hourglass (MUST WATC

Tayy is the old name of the Jabal Shammar mountains. They are located in Northern Najd. Around the city of Ha'il (located 1000 meters above sea level)

B9KnTvICQAA7JQR.jpg

mk863_kdran%2021.jpg

More photos:

http://www.mekshat.com/vb/showthrea...%D1%C7%E4-%E6%D5%DA%E6%CF%ED-%DE%E3%CA%E5-)))

That mountain range is very rocky and volcanic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha'il

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shammar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Jabal_Shammar

Hijaz and Southern KSA are completely different regions compared to Najd. It is like Ninawa vs Basra.
Beutiful looks like an alien world.

So what is the difference between ninawa and basra?.

Beutiful looks like an alien world.

So what is the difference between ninawa and basra?.

Well, some people like it but personally I prefer the landscapes of Hijaz/Southern KSA which you can see in this thread on page 1. The first few posts.

I mean Ninawa is different from Basra geographically and also lies far away from each other.:coffee:

Anyway a well-known member of the ancient Tayy tribe/clan/family was the Christian Arab poet Hatim al-Tai whose generosity has become immortalized in literature, poetry and movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatim_al-Tai

To this day the hospitality of the people of Ha'il is well-known in KSA and the Arab world in fact. Also many people from Southern Iraq have ancestral ties to this region of Arabia. No wonder that Southern Iraq is also famous for its hospitality!

From Iraq:

:D

Well, some people like it but personally I prefer the landscapes of Hijaz/Southern KSA which you can see in this thread on page 1. The first few posts.

I mean Ninawa is different from Basra geographically and also lies far away from each other.:coffee:

Anyway a well-known member of the ancient Tayy tribe/clan/family was the Christian Arab poet Hatim al-Tai whose generosity has become immortalized in literature, poetry and movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatim_al-Tai

To this day the hospitality of the people of Ha'il is well-known in KSA and the Arab world in fact. Also many people from Southern Iraq have ancestral ties to this region of Arabia. No wonder that Southern Iraq is also famous for its hospitality!

From Iraq:

:D
Shammar almost dominate Iraq my tribe is a branch of Tay and its roots goes back to Adae bin Hatam that's what my uncle told me we have our family tree.

When I read about the morals our ancestors had it make me sad.

Shammar almost dominate Iraq my tribe is a branch of Tay and its roots goes back to Adae bin Hatam that's what my uncle told me we have our family tree.

When I read about the morals our ancestors had it make me sad.

Tayy as a independent tribe/clan/family has a history of 2000 + years. It is very ancient and impressive.

Please explain bro. Do you mean that people today have forgot their ancestors generosity and good deeds? If yes, then unfortunately this is the case with almost every family. Today people have lost many good values sadly.

Tayy as a independent tribe/clan/family has a history of 2000 + years. It is very ancient and impressive.

Please explain bro. Do you mean that people today have forgot their ancestors generosity and good deeds? If yes, then unfortunately this is the case with almost every family. Today people have lost many good values sadly.
I go, talk to you tomorrow
we without morals and good deeds we r worst than animals

have you seen leyaly al saleheya if yes then our ancestors had some of the good morals that show demonstrate see you.

I go, talk to you tomorrow
we without morals and good deeds we r worst than animals

have you seen leyaly al saleheya if yes then our ancestors had some of the good morals that show demonstrate see you.

Beautiful and thanks for refreshing my memory bro. Much appreciated. Love such old series.

Anyway I hope too that we can retain our hospitality, generosity, authenticity, community feeling, brotherhood, righteous deeds etc. in the future too and even more in a increasingly globalized world where traditional values are undermined. Modernity and healthy and beneficial traditions and culture can easily go hand in hand and is much better than trying to copy another culture. This is never going to work in our Arab world. We are a too proud people for this to occur and our culture and traditions are to precious to be lost. Rather leave the bad and adopt the good. Itself not an easy job in any culture that undergoes changes.

@Malik Alashter

See here:

Iraqi Youtube channel dealing with Shammar and actualities.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ali333jamal/videos

Watch this beautiful poem bro.

More of the beautiful and ancient Asir province:

(dedicated to the wild monkeys on this forum - just a joke :lol: )
mk64178_image10124.jpg

mk64178_image10351.jpg

Asir-National-Park-Chairlifts.jpg

Asir province is 4 times bigger than Israel, lol and almost the size of Portugal. Speaking about Portugal, many Al-Andalus generals and dynasties originated from Asir. There have been dynasties that originate from Asir who have ruled territory in the MENA region, Sub-Saharan Africa, Southern Europe, South Asia and South East Asia. For instance he Umayyad general at Battle of Tours (732) Abdul Rahman al-Ghafaqi (ra) was from Asir originally. Many ancient Arab tribes spread all across the Arab world and non-Arab world originate in Asir as do many Arab personalities throughout history from scientists, scholars, military persons, politicians, poets etc. Many Arab dishes too originate from Asir. Anyway Southern KSA is an extension of Southern Hijaz and Greater Hijaz.

Another curiosity, it snows in Asir during the winter occasionally. Almost every year there is snow in the highest mountain ranges and mountain villages. One would not have believed this seeing how south Asir is but it can happen.

Of course it does not snow anywhere near as much as in Northern Hijaz (Tabuk region especially) etc. where considerable amounts (MENA standards) of snow are almost guaranteed each year.

Examples of this:

Waterfall in Asir:

Beautiful video. Almost 500.000 views.

@Gasoline bro, check this thread out and my posts and the issues that I have raised. Interested in your opinion.:)

@Malik Alashter thread updated bro.:D

Last edited:
@Gasoline bro, check this thread out and my posts and the issues that I have raised. Interested in your opinion.:)
Very interesting topic, I really enjoyed the contents, thanks.:smitten:

Asir province is one of the best regions in the Kingdom you can visit. You can enjoy the healthy climate and see the heritage buildings, old palaces, the historic castles and enjoy the traditional dishes which will take you to the most beautiful times... The pics you posted above can speak better then we can.

I went to Abha last summer to visit some friends and spend a good time there, it was a unique experience and I don't mind coming back for 10s of times again. :partay:

The tourism sector needs some improvements for the services to attract the local and foreign tourists. The most important thing we have to do as a beginning is reducing the prices, so everyone can get in and handle the prices and enjoy the services whatever his financial level. Hundreds of thousands of Saudis prefers to spend their holidays outside the Kingdom due to the unmatched prices compared to the services delivered. Thus, nobody hesitates to leave and spend a good time with a same or less prices and better services.

Fortunately, the Kingdom started taking care of the tourism to be good as of the religious tourism in line with the vision 2030. We gonna see good things as long as many changes are keep going to the government ministries and sub administrations.

We have all the necessities to boost our tourism, but we just need some changes or we can leave it for the time...

Very interesting topic, I really enjoyed the contents, thanks.:smitten:

Asir province is one of the best regions in the Kingdom you can visit. You can enjoy the healthy climate and see the heritage buildings, old palaces, the historic castles and enjoy the traditional dishes which will take you to the most beautiful times... The pics you posted above can speak better then we can.

I went to Abha last summer to visit some friends and spend a good time there, it was a unique experience and I don't mind coming back for 10s of times again. :partay:

The tourism sector needs some improvements for the services to attract the local and foreign tourists. The most important thing we have to do as a beginning is reducing the prices, so everyone can get in and handle the prices and enjoy the services whatever his financial level. Hundreds of thousands of Saudis prefers to spend their holidays outside the Kingdom due to the unmatched prices compared to the services delivered. Thus, nobody hesitates to leave and spend a good time with a same or less prices and better services.

Fortunately, the Kingdom started taking care of the tourism to be good as of the religious tourism in line with the vision 2030. We gonna see good things as long as many changes are keep going to the government ministries and sub administrations.

We have all the necessities to boost our tourism, but we just need some changes or we can leave it for the time...

You are welcome brother.

Yes, Asir, Hijaz, Southern KSA and KSA as a whole has tremendous potential for tourism. All it takes is political will to introduce a real tourism sector and build the necessary infrastructure. A real tourism sector could turn into a quite big industry that could employ many locals.

It is a potential goldmine given Makkah and Madinah as religious tourism could easily be combined with a ordinary tourism sector. The number of religious pilgrims is only going to grow and grow by each year.

In 14 years time (2030) the number of Umrah pilgrims is expected to number 35 million (each year) from the current 8 million. Hajj pilgrims will number around 8 million from the current 2 million. That's a HUGE number when we are only talking about 2 cities. No wonder that the government wants to invest heavily in the tourism sector and give pilgrims the opportunity to combine their Umrah, Hajj with a tourist visit that would allow them to travel freely across the country. Hijaz has a tremendous potential when it comes to tourism. The whole country in fact. Many tourist hotspots across the world only have good weather for a certain amount of time each year but KSA is blessed (if we are talking about beach/marine tourism) with good weather all year around. At least Hijaz is. If only the country would open up more socially, politically and economically there is no telling where the potential could lead to. It's a similar story with most Arab countries.

Essentially change the VISA policy currently in place, invest heavily in tourism (religious and non-religious), ease some of the domestic laws and KSA WILL easily be in the top 10 of most visited countries on the planet very quickly. It already is in the top 18 with some of the most harsh VISA rules out there.

World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is endless potential. It's time to introduce a real tourism visa and continue the infrastructural investments that can make the tourism sector a booming industry.

Last edited:
The OP thanks his own posts with multiple ids. :omghaha:

Funny.......

ARAB NEWS | Published — Monday 2 January 2017

Abha has a diverse environment with forests and towering highlands.

ABHA: Abha’s status as “Capital of Arab Tourism” for 2017 will bring dozens of investment opportunities, experts have said.

The Saudi city was earlier named the tourism capital for this year by the Arab Tourism Organization.
Abha has a diverse environment, with forests in the parks Soudah, Dulghan, Al-Hubala, and towering highlands in addition to the eastern plains and western coasts.
Asir Municipality seeks to keep pace with the celebration of the coronation of the city of Abha as the Capital of Arab Tourism 2017 through offering dozens of investment opportunities inside the city to help attract investors.
Director-general of investment in the region Ali Al-Haid explained that tender specifications for those opportunities include international conferences and exhibitions areas, a shopping mall, hotel, two restaurants at two distinct tourist sites in addition to a number of other opportunities.
“The project of exhibition and conference, the airport’s mall and hotel which is located on an area of 200,000 square meters will contribute to the revitalization of tourism in the region throughout the year as well as embracing many programs, events and conferences,” he said.
Al-Haid said that these opportunities include “a shopping mall on King Abdullah Road in an area of 30,000 square meters, near the King Faisal Medical City and the hostel university, in addition to 5-star hotels and villas.”
Al-Haid said that the opportunities include the operation, maintenance and investment of the Airport Park, which has been carried out at a cost of SR33.375 million in a total area of 125,000 square meters.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1032841/saudi-arabia

Good news.

Cy5cLgrWEAA-4tn.jpg:large

CxHllO-XcAAXXmU.jpg

CymC4lBWQAALiYU.jpg

CyMY4B_WgAQeAxy.jpg

CxxPRgeWIAAHEm5.jpg

CyBU1UtWQAAJAFc.jpg:large

C0yDKk7XAAIXl8R.jpg:large

C07DaYtXEAAQRHf.jpg:large

The potential for tourism in KSA is enormous. Already in the top 15 of most visited countries in the world (mostly due to religious tourism) despite having some of the most harsh visa rules and no tourism sector of worth. Considering the sheer size of KSA, things to see and discover, opportunities for all kind of tourism etc. we should aim to reach top 5. Could be done fairly easily with the right investments and change of existing rules.
Religious, safari, desert, beach holidays in some of the most pristine waters, coasts, islands and marine life in the world, mountaineering, "wild tourism", dozens upon dozens of national parks, ancient historical sites in abundance etc. Easy access to other parts of Arabia that are equally as interesting etc.

JUST CHANGE THE DAMN VISA RULES, MAKE REAL INVESTMENTS IN THE TOURISM SECTOR AND CHANGE SOME OF THE MORONIC LAWS! STOP CONSTANTLY DRAGGING THIS ISSUE ON AND ON! MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE IF THIS WASTE OF OBVIOUS POTENTIAL WILL CONTINUE FOR MUCH LONGER! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! WHOEVER IS PREVENTING THOSE OBVIOUS CHANGES FROM OCCURRING SHOULD STOP DOING IT!

Back
Top Bottom