What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

I have reported all of the above off topic posts , Stop it now or face the Moderation team.

Is this a tank or some HIJRA performing a mujra in Thar desert. Bhai, we need to be realistic and let the item mature. Only then will we know its capabilities.
Araz

Very well said :rofl:.

does the Al-Khalid fire the SABO armor piercing round?
and will the al-khalid 2 have the same look as the russian T types. because i heard it was more like the leopard in terms of looks

does the Al-Khalid fire the SABO armor piercing round?
and will the al-khalid 2 have the same look as the russian T types. because i heard it was more like the leopard in terms of looks

The design would be influenced by Leopard and Altay as Turkey is Involved in the development of AK-II

And yeah, why the 125mm guns could not penetrate western tanks while the 120mm could, western tech is superior, thus their barrels generates more velocity or power compared to russian ones, thus they were capable to defeat the T-72s, while T-72s couldn't.

I would like to point out the most obvious reason being the far far superior Armor of Abram M1 tanks. there is simply no tank able to take it out from stand off range where as T72s were comparitvely relics
so it was supperior gun, ammonition and armor of Abrams that defeated T-72s

27f40df8f369d9182e677d7dcb34130d.jpg

please any one clarify my query:

How many AK (of all variants) have been inducted into the army and how much more are on firm order (dont include planned ones)with HIT..?

thx

please any one clarify my query:

How many AK (of all variants) have been inducted into the army and how much more are on firm order (dont include planned ones)with HIT..?

thx

Around 250-300 delivered.

No new orders for now, may be by this year or next year new order is placed.

What is the approximate cost per unit ? Is the power plant indigenous?

:cheers:

Cost no idea so far, but must be less to what it costs when bought from abroad. It must be somewhere in between 1 to 1.5 or 2M$ per piece.

No, unfortunately the power plant is Ukrainian. One of the biggest hurdles in its export potential.

Around 250-300 delivered.

No new orders for now, may be by this year or next year new order is placed.

if its so sucessful as it is made out to be..why only 300 have been inducted.
Surely Pakistan hass a greater need for tanks than just 300

if its so sucessful as it is made out to be..why only 300 have been inducted.
Surely Pakistan hass a greater need for tanks than just 300

First issue is money, as with AK, we have been inducting and upgrading the AZs, as well as inducting APCs for the mechanized formations.

So when they all are combined together, the sum of money becomes large, and we have other projects too, which require money.

The figure has stopped at around 250-300, as a newer version was in testing, which has come out, the AK1, with very specific improvements.

So now this version is gonna be tested, perfected and order then placed to increase the overall numbers. Once this order comes in, further development on the AK2 will start, which will be also something new, but it has still many years to come out.

At the end of the day, PA would be having a total AK tank force, as all old variants will be replaced.

End figure would be 2000+ AKs of different variants and money permitting, older variants will also get updated.

Money is the real game player.

Back
Top Bottom