What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

I see, Thats a great.... So there are Upgrades going on for this tank... Any active protection system for Future models???

I see, Thats a great.... So there are Upgrades going on for this tank... Any active protection system for Future models???

Threre would be some sort of active protection system but i am not aware of any details.

thanks

The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds.

That could worry some people...............

The Innitial model was MBT-2000 , it was upgraded to Al-Khalid Configureation , The most recent Variant is Al Khalid-I which was revealed few months ago.

The upcoming variant is AK-II MBT which would be a whole new tank with much more powerfull Engine maybe 1500HP and will incorporate a western Design , it would have more speed , Jammers , and a reactive armour etc

Turkey is involved in AK-II program so maybe we will be getting some features from Altay MBT and Leopard.

AK-II would be revealed in 2012 and from then it would become the backbone of Pakistan Army's Armoured branch.

Regards:
you forgot to mention VT-1A for Peruvian army.....

@Taimi

a quick question how does AK compare against The T-90S Bhishma!? in the punjab plateau? in terms of engine power? for example the AK is ideally suited for the deserts of sindh & rajhistan however,when we talk about punjab area which is cooler how negatively does it affect the engine power (i really don't want this thread to turn into a T-90 vs AK thread)

Last edited:
Al-Khalid, Type 98 And T-90 Continue To Dominate World Tank Market

by Staff Writers
Newtown CT (SPX) Mar 06, 2009
In its annual analysis "The Market for Tanks," the Forecast International Weapons Group projects that the international market will produce over 6,500 main battle tanks, worth in excess of $26.76 billion, through 2018. However, while increased modernization and retrofit remains transparent to FI's analysis of new-production tanks, this factor remains a significant component of the international market.
Dean Lockwood, weapons systems analyst at Forecast International, notes that "in 2008, U.S. Department of Defense contract awards for the maintenance, RESET, and upgrade of the existing M1 Abrams inventories carried a total value in excess of $1.46 billion.

That was equivalent to more than 46 percent of the total value of all new-production main battle tanks entering the international market in 2008 (nearly $3.17 billion).

Last year, the Chinese Type 98 program maintained its position as the single largest new-production program. Yet, with a total value of $395.79 million (for 116 new-production tanks), the Type 98 program was worth only about 27.11 percent what the U.S. DoD spent on the M1 Abrams in 2008."

The expense associated with the modernization and retrofit of high-end main battle tanks pales in comparison with the prospect of new tank procurement.

Thus, FI expects new production of high-end tanks to remain relatively low, accounting for 14.9 percent of all production and 24.22 percent of the value of the market during the forecast period.

In terms of sheer numbers, Forecast International expects Pakistan's Al Khalid, the Type 98 of the People's Republic of China, and the Russian Federation's T-90 (including India's licensed T-90S production program) to continue to dominate the market, representing 60.57 percent of all new tanks rolling out worldwide, and accounting for 52.28 percent of the value of the market, through 2018.

In the international market for main battle tanks, the days of U.S. and European domination over new production are long gone. Nevertheless, the established U.S. and European players continue to make their presence felt.

The 120mm Rh 120 smoothbore ordnance, the state-of-the-art Leopard 2, and the combat-proven M1 Abrams continue to set the standard for main battle tank design worldwide.

Second only to the infantryman in terms of combat effectiveness, the "mailed fist" of heavy armor remains the arm of decision on the modern battlefield.

Further, as Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-present) evolved from a war of movement into a security operation, the main battle tank has proven surprisingly adaptable. According to Lockwood, "In the congested streets of Iraqi cities, the Abrams serves as a significant force multiplier, fully up to meeting the challenges of an asymmetric warfare environment."

Al-Khalid, Type 98 And T-90 Continue To Dominate World Tank Market

I see, yes its an under 50 ton tank and thats good, because Army wants light tanks for greater accessibility ... And I was just kidding, I retired from the Army as a Major, so was Just Joking , as My rank here is 2nd Lieutenant .

Nice to see an army man.Welcome to the forum. I hope we can have candid debates without the jingoism that plagues such fora. By the way there is a military professionals forum for the professionals.You might want to have a look at that and we look forward to having your opinions.
Araz

I see, yes its an under 50 ton tank and thats good, because Army wants light tanks for greater accessibility ... And I was just kidding, I retired from the Army as a Major, so was Just Joking , as My rank here is 2nd Lieutenant .

We surely will regard your expertise.

I still cant figure out why we had to fight wars when we had and have Friendly people like you in Pakistan and India..... I joined this forum yesterday and It was good for me to see that the present Youths of both India and Pakistan have started talking to each other.... Thanks to the guy who created this beautiful forum

Back
Top Bottom