Tameem

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Our Correspondent
Published: June 18, 2012

ISLAMABAD:
Differences in Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) party cadres have reportedly led chairman Imran Khan to indefinitely delay intra-party elections, according to some sources.

To justify his decision, the PTI chairman has extended the party’s ongoing membership campaign, without setting a clear deadline for its conclusion.

“Imran assented to the point of view of two party leaders, who had asked the PTI chief to first prepare for the general elections,” said a party leader while talking to The Express Tribune.

According to sources, party president Javed Hashmi and Additional Secretary General Saifullah Niazi, as well as some influential members of the steering committee, had recommended ‘putting off party elections’ for now.

Earlier, Imran had dissolved all regional bodies by constituting regional steering committees in all the provinces, a move that aimed to pave way for holding party elections.

However, the party’s top leadership held many meetings to resolve all outstanding issues but failed to generate an agreement to hold intra-party polls before the next general elections.

“PTI is unlikely to hold elections at the council level before the general elections,” said one of the sources.

New inductees into the party, especially Sikander Hayat Bosan and Javed Hashmi, had advised Imran Khan to focus on the next general elections first.

While talking to The Express Tribune, Bosan said that he had opposed the idea of holding intra-party polls first, since that would take the focus away from the challenge of the general elections.

On the other hand, some leaders from the old guard had wanted intra-party elections to precede the general elections.

Party hierarchy

According to sources, there were serious differences among the echelons of the party leadership over the exact framework to be followed in formulating a party hierarchy as well.

Party leaders including Khursheed Mehmood Kasuri, Sardar Assef Ahmed Ali, Sikandar Bosan, Jamal Khan Leghari, Mian Azhar and Mian Mehmood Rashid had conveyed their concerns, highlighting the fact that they had not been given any party office as yet.

They had also opposed direct nomination of seven new senior vice presidents as well as a president without holding appropriate consultations.

“The decision not to hold party elections was based on the fact that the party’s constitutional document is still being studied by its legal attorneys,” said a senior leader, while talking to The Express Tribune.

When asked to comment, Khursheed Kasuri dismissed these differences as trivial, adding that all emerging parties undergo such challenges.

“The PTI is an emerging political party so differences are a part of the democratic cycle,” he pointed out.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2012.
Amid haggling, PTI delays intra-party elections – The Express Tribune

Is this not a failute of promises again?? Why not people judge PTIs future credibility to govern on these failures??

Old players, swinging the ball out of Imran ,s nest, & guss he don't know what to do about it?

Let me tell you something, you all just saw that all the corrupt politicians are involved to remove the CJ you all saw this in a leaked video few days ago. What makes you think Imran Khan’s party is filled with patriots, there is a saying & it is not wrong “Hamam main sab nangay hain” “All are naked in the toilet”. All these bloody politicians have one aim win the elections, do massive corruption, blame other parties for poor performance, when the tenure ends leave Pakistan & then come back to Pakistan at least a year before elections, lie to the people of Pakistan once again & so on.

I have no faith in these corrupt politicians they are professional baigarats & professional liars.

After the leaked video I have no hope & trust on the POLITICIANS.

I would agree, doing party elections is what will set PTI so apart that no other party would come to compare it.

I trust PTI would eventually conduct the party elections.

I would agree, doing party elections is what will set PTI so apart that no other party would come to compare it.

I trust PTI would eventually conduct the party elections.

I thing they have already delayed it very much they should now conduct the election before they announce general elections

I guss, imran should make some political alliances with other main frame players, so he can show his big guns, they are not the only option for him, he need some kind of tactical, display to shove of & make them bzy at the , same time.
Also he needs to shut his very big talk, specially against PAKARMY, also he needs to rethink , his stratgy about calling supremecourt, every thn & now, & he should stop, drawing Cj into this dirty game of politics .
Imran should focus, punjab , KPK , & interrior sindh, instead of going every where, & calling everyone to join his party.
Even though, I am totaly against any sort of democrazy, till our educational growth reach 65% per year, bt its better to get a change in politics of pakistan!
As I belong to a force , which see every pakistani, as its own, I don't really belive in language, colour , religion , area or race, I still want to give , imran a fair chance, bt for this he have to limit his language against , my pakarmy!

Imran Khan (official)
I want to categorically END all rumours of PTI elections being postponed. In fact I'm trying to bring them forward.

Official tweet from Imran Khan.

Nice try trolls but that was too easy :rofl:

I told you guys to make your lies interesting, delay of elections is just boring, work harder guys I need more entertainment :lol:

PTI will do this eventually..
they are a revolutionary party and doing good things unheard of in PK.

I don't know if PTI has announced a date to conduct party elections? If they haven't fixed a date, how come ET report a story that it got delayed? Does it make any sense?

All the decisions are being made in PTI by the CEC after number of consultations and consensus, PTI appreciate difference of opinion as it is not a family party like PMLN, PPP, JUIF and ANP. Also, it would have better if Express Tribune name some official if they have to break the story.

Quetta Jalsa was delayed, membership campaign was delayed so as the party elections for obvious reasons but it will be conducted before General Elections.

...and here Imran Khan himself tweets about it.
I want to categorically end all rumours of pti elections being postponed. In fact trying to bring them forward.

Imran Khan (official)
I want to categorically END all rumours of PTI elections being postponed. In fact I'm trying to bring them forward.

Official tweet from Imran Khan.

Nice try trolls but that was too easy :rofl:

I told you guys to make your lies interesting, delay of elections is just boring, work harder guys I need more entertainment :lol:

As I said... I trust PTI to do the right thing, everyone does. Bohot bari bisti hui hogi logon ki by your post.

Back
Top Bottom