What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Program development and production of Altay tanks initially stillborn. And sooner or later, it will be closed. The experience of the participation of Turkey in the Syrian war has shown that a series of tanks Leopard-2, and various "national development" or "pride of the nation" such as Arjun, Altay tanks on the battlefield have low survivability. For Turkey, in this situation the most appropriate solution was used Turkey's rejection of the development program, finishing and establish serial production of the tank-Altai national pride, and the speedy return of the purchase program in Ukrainian T-84 tanks Yatagan (Scimitar).

Program development and production of Altay tanks initially stillborn. And sooner or later, it will be closed. The experience of the participation of Turkey in the Syrian war has shown that a series of tanks Leopard-2, and various "national development" or "pride of the nation" such as Arjun, Altay tanks on the battlefield have low survivability. For Turkey, in this situation the most appropriate solution was used Turkey's rejection of the development program, finishing and establish serial production of the tank-Altai national pride, and the speedy return of the purchase program in Ukrainian T-84 tanks Yatagan (Scimitar).

lol what the f'ck you on about?

I just say akkor to you..

If it is SHIT it will be our SHIT! Thats all i care, total indepedence at every front at all costs.

If it is SHIT it will be our SHIT! Thats all i care, total indepedence at every front at all costs.

Relax boys, and do not be nervous when you open your eyes to the truth. Tank Altay - "national pride of Turkey" is not worth the big money that Turkey is ready to throw at him. Investments in Altai - it's actually - the money thrown away on the wind. That is money thrown into nowhere. From a single shot the cardboard tank Altay can be easily destroyed - the good old, battle-tested, reliable, simple and above all cheap, massive Soviet rocket-propelled grenade - RPG-7.

Happy New Year, guys!
Do not be offended at me.

Sorry i cannot share sources i used in order to prepare this reply because i am not allowed.
RPG7.jpg

Altay Armor: Roketsan composite armour (unkown type armor that contains Boron Carbide)

Altay Armor Type: Combined, protivosnaryadnaya, multilayer,
Source: survincitycom201203comparisonaltayleopard2at90

There is an altay comparison to competitors thread on this forum

K2 Black Phanter: The frontal armor has been proven to be effective at defeating the 120 mm APFSDS round fired from the L55 gun.

A century of the tank Mark 1 vs Altay (.PDF, Page 7 is about armor)
Source: OTOKAR website

Altay Tank Brochure in Turkish (OTOKAR website)

About 31 years old M1 Abrams Armor:
M1, M1A1: Burlington composite armor
M1A1HA, M1A2: depleted uranium mesh-reinforced composite armor
  • M1: Hull & turret –
    350 mm / 470 mm vs APFSDS,
    650 mm / 700 mm vs HEAT
  • M1A1: Hull & turret –
    600 mm vs APFSDS,
    700 mm vs HEAT
  • M1A1HA: Hull –
    600 mm vs APFSDS,
    700 mm vs HEAT,
    Turret –
    600 mm / 800 mm vs APFSDS,
    1,300 mm vs HEAT
tanks_haracteristic.jpg

Armored Warfare in game tank parametres (yeah may not be most reliable info)

So @Glavcom What type of RPG7 are you using agaisnt Altay armor? Nuclear Warhead? From which angle are you hitting the tank? Where is this RPG7 getting contacted on the tank?

BTW i might the least informed person on this forum about any military technology, please help me figuring out this. I have spended my first moments of the year 2017 studying tank armors to be able to answer this obvious troll. @Glavcom I hope you die in pain!

Last edited:

Oh.My.God

Worst sales pitch ever.

Nothing like watching a Ukrainian members opinion of Turks and our armour capabilities turn sour just because we are cooperating with Russia.

Then again that doesn't mean he is wrong.

Clearly Ukraine is superior in armor tech, that is why they are turning to Turkey for MRAPs.....

Regarding armor I dont think Ukraine can give us any more than the cheapest exports we could get from Russia.

But engines is something we could learn from Ukraine

Relax boys, and do not be nervous when you open your eyes to the truth. Tank Altay - "national pride of Turkey" is not worth the big money that Turkey is ready to throw at him. Investments in Altai - it's actually - the money thrown away on the wind. That is money thrown into nowhere. From a single shot the cardboard tank Altay can be easily destroyed - the good old, battle-tested, reliable, simple and above all cheap, massive Soviet rocket-propelled grenade - RPG-7.

Happy New Year, guys!
Do not be offended at me.

didnt you realize that akkor is a protection against rpg 7 and more advances missles? compleatly ignoring one thing to troll around.. :coffee:

Milli tank projesinde sözleşme iptali
Altay'ın motor geliştirmesini ve üretimini gerçekleştirecek olan Tümosan, sözleşme imzaladığı AVL firması ile taahhütleri yerine getirmediği için sözleşmesini iptal etti
http://ekonomi.haber7.com/ekonomi/haber/2245411-milli-tank-projesinde-sozlesme-iptali

English: The agreement with Austrian AVL regarding engine systems has been cancelled. The original agreement was about technical support with regards to the development of the engine with TUMOSAN. AVL hasn't fulfilled its obligation and timeframe in addition to Austrian government's enactment about restricting sales to Turkey. In short a middle finger has been shown to Austria

It seems we are on our own with regards to the national engine. We could need some assistance in this field from other countries that we can ACTUALLY COUNT ON

Mitsubishi, Fiat-Iveco or closely monitor South Korean national powerpack project for their K2. Currently they employ German made MTU, but this year domestic South Korean Doosan DST engines will be installed

Last edited:
Milli tank projesinde sözleşme iptali
Altay'ın motor geliştirmesini ve üretimini gerçekleştirecek olan Tümosan, sözleşme imzaladığı AVL firması ile taahhütleri yerine getirmediği için sözleşmesini iptal etti
http://ekonomi.haber7.com/ekonomi/haber/2245411-milli-tank-projesinde-sozlesme-iptali

English: The agreement with Austrian AVL regarding engine systems has been cancelled. The original agreement was about technical support with regards to the development of the engine with TUMOSAN. AVL hasn't fulfilled its obligation and timeframe in addition to Austrian government's enactment about restricting sales to Turkey. In short a middle finger has been shown to Austria

It seems we are on our own with regards to the national engine. We could need some assistance in this field from other countries that we can ACTUALLY COUNT ON

Mitsubishi, Fiat-Iveco or closely monitor South Korean national powerpack project for their K2. Currently they employ German made MTU, but this year domestic South Korean Doosan DST engines will be installed

than just south korean powerpack.. they are the best option for turkey second comes an italian firm politically I would choose sk powerpack because its the easiest way to do it.. italiens could be manipulated by the bigger german speaking family.. and could cause delays.. and I think the koreans would give us more technology

Back
Top Bottom