What's new

Altaf Hussain apologises to army chief after anti-Pakistan speech

The Sandman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain on Tuesday apologised to the military establishment, including Army chief General Raheel Sharif and Sindh Director General (DG) Rangers Maj-Gen Bilal Akber, for his anti-Pakistan speech a day earlier.

“From the depth of my heart, I beg pardon from my remarks against Pakistan, the establishment, including General Raheel Sharif and DG Rangers,” Altaf said in a statement.

The MQM supremo claimed he was under severe mental stress over extra-judicial arrests and the condition of his workers sitting at the hunger strike camp set up by his party outside the Karachi Press Club.

“Being a Pakistani, I assure the Pakistani people, establishment, army, ISI, all higher authorities and leaders that I will never use such words again,” the statement read.

Altaf also regretted the violence against media houses that were attacked in the aftermath of his speech and asked for the release of MQM leaders who were later arrested.

“I request the authorities to end actions taken against MQM and do not cut the party from the national mainstream.”

Activists of the MQM ransacked a private television station before clashing with police Monday evening, leaving at least one person dead and over half a dozen injured. The rioting drew widespread condemnation from all political parties and prompted action by the paramilitary Rangers.

At least nine MQM leaders, including Dr Farooq Sattar, were detained while the party’s headquarters, Nine Zero, were also searched and subsequently sealed.

The violence erupted soon after MQM the chief gave a telephonic address to his supporters in which he castigated the media for not giving due coverage of his workers and allegedly raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1168182/altaf-hussain-apologises-army-chief-anti-pakistan-speech/

Bhai ka nasha utar gaya :omghaha::omghaha:
@Zibago @django @Moonlight @somebozo @PaklovesTurkiye @Hell hound @Mentee @Arsalan @The Eagle @Major Sam @WaLeEdK2
CqghZv3XEAATPHY.jpg

CqghZvxWgAAPC_8.jpg

He is such an idiot!!
Pahly soch ka bakwas kia kry tu!!

A necessary evil :(

However i do feel it is time to address this problem once and for all and take appropriate action against the culprits. Enough is enough!

“Being a Pakistani, I assure the Pakistani people, establishment, army, ISI, all higher authorities and leaders that I will never use such words again,” the statement read.

Sorry dude. How can they miss this golden opportunity to root out your mafia in such a sleek and bloodless manner that has less examples in history. Keep playing in hands of your masters as the people U held hostage have finally got a chance to get rid of U once and for all. On the contrary, someone was celebrating his anti Pakistani remarks yesterday like anything. For those here is the face palm.

Bus itna hi zor tha "Gainday" ?

Sorry dude. How can they miss this golden opportunity to root out your mafia in such a sleek and bloodless manner that has less examples in history. Keep playing in hands of your masters as the people U held hostage have finally got a chance to get rid of U once and for all. On the contrary, someone was celebrating his anti Pakistani remarks yesterday like anything. For those here is the face palm.
oh yes i wonder what our indian members are gonna say about him now lol

New world record for U-turn! Someone must be feeling angry now :P

I was hoping Mr Modi to highlight this very issue too alongside Balochistan and Kashmir. But happy hours and hangover last just for few hours U know :P
He won't be too delighted with a burning Modi doll in the streets of Karachi. I'm sure he still needs his assets intact. :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom