What's new

All religion’s followers have equal rights in Pakistan: PM Nawaz

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif says his Government is pursuing a policy to establish Pakistan’s identity as a minority-friendly country.

He was addressing the inauguration ceremony of water filtration plant of Amrat Jal at Katas Raj, a sacred place for Hindus in district Chakwal.

The Prime Minister said followers of all religions have equal rights in Pakistan. He expressed satisfaction that Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Parsis and Bhais are working hand in hand to defend the country and contribute their share to its peace and prosperity.

Earlier, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated water filtration plant of Amrat Jal at Katas Raj, a sacred place for Hindus near Chakwal.

Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousuf, Chairman Evacuee Trust Siddiqul Farooq were also present on the occasion.

The water filtration plant will provide clean water to Hindus who come to visit Katas Raj.
https://timesofislamabad.com/63549-2/2017/01/11/
Well this ain't gonna go down well with ''some'' people.
@django @Zibago @Moonlight @Mentee @Hell hound

April 1st statement, came a bit early.

I have never heard any person from a minority community (Ahmedi, Hindu, Christian or other) ever say he is in a good condition within Pakistan.
Sir, I always hate when someone makes a careless and sweeping statement against the nation of 180 - 200 million people or approx 7-10 million non-Muslims (sorry!!! since census has not been carried out lately so we have to go with estimates) and it hurts even more especially if such an irresponsible statement is made by a TTA or mod (no offence but I'm as candid as it can get sir). But since you used the word "I heard" so let's put that into perspective , I mean sir how many non-Muslim you have met in your life or listened to..100 - 200 or may be 1000 but even that is not a large enough sample size to arrive a general conclusion and make it on a public forum on internet, we have to show some responsibility even though we are safe behind our IDs but still our statements can hurt the country's image especially when we have not done our home work. Now if I show you a few examples where the non-Muslims are really happy, just watch this video below

and

and

and

and

All this in just 5 mins...

What should I say now ...

Last edited:
Sir, I always hate when someone makes a careless and sweeping statement against the nation of 180 - 200 million people or approx 7-10 million non-Muslims (sorry!!! since census has not been carried out lately so we have to go with estimates) and it hurts even more especially if such an irresponsible statement is made by a TTA or mod (no offence but I'm as candid as it can get sir). But since you used the word "I heard" so let's put that into perspective , I mean sir how many non-Muslim you have met in your life or listened to..100 - 200 or may be 1000 but even that is not a large enough sample size to arrive a general conclusion and make it on a public forum on internet, we have to show some responsibility even though we are safe behind our IDs but still our statements can hurt the country's image especially when we have not done our home work. Now if I show you a few examples where the non-Muslims are really happy, just watch this video below

and

and

and

and

Some people are self haters - you can't convince them. All they see is negativity around them.

I have met Pakistani Christians, and Hindu's who are happy being Pakistanis, and this guy hasn't. Can you believe that?

How can the majority (Muslims in Pakistan's case) decide the feelings and condition of minorities and by them,selves label them safe? Bravado and and some weird sense of nationalistic jingoism and chauvinism has taken control of Pakistani populace and as Lffy proves even Bengal. I have never heard any person from a minority community (Ahmedi, Hindu, Christian or other) ever say he is in a good condition within Pakistan.

When we do not even admit that blasphemy law, forced conversions, illegal marriages to Hindu youth and abductions the like of which Satish Anand suffered occur then how can we improve the situation for minorities. This isn't about patriotism or competition between India and Pakistan, I know as a Lucknowi how things are in Indian occupied Lucknow. It is about admitting a wrong to fix it.

You have indeed witnessed many things in Indian Lucknow or you will be aware of many things as seen. However, the context been put in this post are really different then overall issue and the facts or I must say, I just want to add-on into this aspect.

That could be an observation from your point of view for the minorities in Pakistan but on other hand, if you had a chance ever do a visit to Government offices in Sindh especially, government of Sindh. You will find good number Hindu from Interior Sindh as employed there. Also, if you pay a visit to any government office interior Sindh, you will even find a larger number. I deliberately skipped minority representation in Politics as there are fixed seats as per the census so the matter of raise in quota for such is in consideration. To understand that, ask someone to let you have to read about floor issues w.r.t minority quota raised in provincial assemblies even and letters/notification issued for strict implementation of minority quota as well. You will be aware that we have minority employees in every Government Department.

Furthermore, coming to conversion to Islam bill etc so I hope you may use your good offices if you have any, to find out a bit more about how Zardari played such card in Sindh and what was the reason. You will be aware that Zardari/PPPP is widely supported by Hindus in Sindh and they hold a good number of vote. Most of the Hindu representatives from Sindh are enjoying a good paid life to work for Zardari influence and they hold an influence when it comes to any benefit. Let me share further and you may search by yourself if you want to that the force conversion issue was raised in very hype but then it ends like there was nothing which holds a lot to it in back days. Actually, groups politically supported raised same issue in Sindh only while they couldn't digest when people converted to Islam as per independent will and without any pressure. As the conversion started to happen in large, I must say after efforts of well reputed scholars and their speeches/meeting people, it was found that a good number of people among them were actually Muslim to be called but did not know a bit of Islam due to living in those remote areas with no connection to modern population and adopted to live like Hindus as Hindus were in majority in those areas. As you have mentioned that YOU never met anyone, which has to be taken as credible because of reputation and being senior here, I myself met many people that converted to Islam from Hindu & Christianity. So conversion in urban areas actually affected the reputation of those so called Hindu Community' Leaders while they started to loose their grip and libidos gave them a cushion to make it an issue due to a simple agenda because the matter was against Islam and nothing else hence all the propaganda.

You would be paying attention to the minority living a less earning or poor life but you haven't seen other Pakistanis including Muslims that are facing the same issue but this has nothing to do with the subject here.

Minorities rights are currently granted as per the Constitution so as a Pakistani, we all are promised to abide the law and those lawmakers are still better minded than us atleast that knows how to tackle the matter and what to implement.

Also, search for many people from minority served, serving in Pakistan and enjoying a good life. How about to meet minorities living in Defense, DHA, Behria Town etc areas and ask them about the life and luxury they are having so they area same as how Muslim living in those areas. Ask Cowasjee family for an example. Parsi community living in DHA area Karachi and other parts of country. Let's say about Christians from Serving to Businessman so we will see well settled families as well as poor like other Pakistanis.

If you haven't seen anyone that may be you didn't get a chance. I have seen a lot of them while shopping in hyper star and many other malls with branded dresses. I can't give you a count even that I myself feel like someone that wanted to say a lot in short to another person which may be aware about the same so you are in good knowledge.

Coming to blasphemy law so let's say what libidos has done in the name of freedom of speech which is totally insulting the religion, provoking people for extremism and anger hence, causing more threat to minorities in society while propagating for rage and so-called revenge. Blasphemy law is not made to kill someone but it is being implemented so that the majority religion Islam in Pakistan will not be mocked or insulted like this also providing a legal bounding to the minority as well. I am not mentioning India here as your good self has been mentioning about the rights given to minorities and their freedom of speech as you can search and find out by yourself. If blasphemy law is so partial then one can imagine the hanging of people that dare to speak even but that is not the case at all accept propaganda by few. Did the so-called activists ever raise issue on Burqa ban and restrictions on Veil in West US etc.

Islam is the major religion in this country so the Muslims are in majority here hence, the Constitution of Pakistan with every detail for such subject. Majority did not decide the case here for minority but Islam not today but 1400+ years before. Pakistani populace is well aware and getting education that how to move forward after long time in history that we are thwarting every type of Terrorism from killing to religious extremism and so-called activists causing threat to peace. We are actually getting aligned for the first time in history to differentiate between real Islam, the extremism, libidos, people creating anarchy and chaos in our country hence, all the arrangements. A right to freedom of speech does not guarantee anyone to insult others at all so we will be seeing a lot of propaganda but Law is here.

It would be far better if we may help raise the fact from every point of view as many readers use to follow many of seniors due to the credibility of seniority, insight and deep analysis and takes it as facts hence, we have to be a bit responsible while expressing our minds avoiding emotions.

remember what IK said when he accidently named an ahmedi for future finance minister?

Exactly. Pakistan is doing more than enough for minorities only to appease west. While every other day so called champions of humanity and equality are bringing new laws to ban Islam and selecting people who have overwhelmingly hatred ideology towards Muslim and Islam.

And the issue of India is out of question. India is the worst country for minorities. Muslim living in India despite having so much population have nothing to do with political power of their community. They are being killed, mocked at and prejudiced even on suspicions.

Lol...joke of the year Indian minority have better rights Thn ur country we have Muslim pm president show in ur nation... u never accept people who marriage other Thn Muslim retuals.. u say to hindu people to study in madarsa nd teaches Thn Quran which is religious thing... Pakistan minority r coming to India to keep safe coz u people force them to change there religion...

FB_IMG_1484385376053.jpg

and

and

and

and

This does not mean there is no discrimination against minorities in Pakistan. Only minorities themselves can tell us how safe they feel in Pakistan. Why are we speaking for them?

As for the videos you posted. Did I ever say patriotism was a Muslim only thing? Patriotism knows no bounds imposed by religion and anyone can be patriotic. These videos should be seen as natural, the patriotism of a Pakistani citizen regardless of religion.

I do feel with the naming of a uni over Abdus Salam is a good step even though the anti conversion bill has been shot down by none other than mullahs and even the provincial government. Some good things do occur vis a vis minorities but there is much more needed to be done. This open speaking about blasphemy laws and religious egalitarianism shouldn't be seen as anti Pakistanism. No one is insulting Pakistan here. Instead we are trying to make it better and much more inclusive.

You have indeed witnessed many things in Indian Lucknow or you will be aware of many things as seen. However, the context been put in this post are really different then overall issue and the facts or I must say, I just want to add-on into this aspect.

That could be an observation from your point of view for the minorities in Pakistan but on other hand, if you had a chance ever do a visit to Government offices in Sindh especially, government of Sindh. You will find good number Hindu from Interior Sindh as employed there. Also, if you pay a visit to any government office interior Sindh, you will even find a larger number. I deliberately skipped minority representation in Politics as there are fixed seats as per the census so the matter of raise in quota for such is in consideration. To understand that, ask someone to let you have to read about floor issues w.r.t minority quota raised in provincial assemblies even and letters/notification issued for strict implementation of minority quota as well. You will be aware that we have minority employees in every Government Department.

Furthermore, coming to conversion to Islam bill etc so I hope you may use your good offices if you have any, to find out a bit more about how Zardari played such card in Sindh and what was the reason. You will be aware that Zardari/PPPP is widely supported by Hindus in Sindh and they hold a good number of vote. Most of the Hindu representatives from Sindh are enjoying a good paid life to work for Zardari influence and they hold an influence when it comes to any benefit. Let me share further and you may search by yourself if you want to that the force conversion issue was raised in very hype but then it ends like there was nothing which holds a lot to it in back days. Actually, groups politically supported raised same issue in Sindh only while they couldn't digest when people converted to Islam as per independent will and without any pressure. As the conversion started to happen in large, I must say after efforts of well reputed scholars and their speeches/meeting people, it was found that a good number of people among them were actually Muslim to be called but did not know a bit of Islam due to living in those remote areas with no connection to modern population and adopted to live like Hindus as Hindus were in majority in those areas. As you have mentioned that YOU never met anyone, which has to be taken as credible because of reputation and being senior here, I myself met many people that converted to Islam from Hindu & Christianity. So conversion in urban areas actually affected the reputation of those so called Hindu Community' Leaders while they started to loose their grip and libidos gave them a cushion to make it an issue due to a simple agenda because the matter was against Islam and nothing else hence all the propaganda.

You would be paying attention to the minority living a less earning or poor life but you haven't seen other Pakistanis including Muslims that are facing the same issue but this has nothing to do with the subject here.

Minorities rights are currently granted as per the Constitution so as a Pakistani, we all are promised to abide the law and those lawmakers are still better minded than us atleast that knows how to tackle the matter and what to implement.

Also, search for many people from minority served, serving in Pakistan and enjoying a good life. How about to meet minorities living in Defense, DHA, Behria Town etc areas and ask them about the life and luxury they are having so they area same as how Muslim living in those areas. Ask Cowasjee family for an example. Parsi community living in DHA area Karachi and other parts of country. Let's say about Christians from Serving to Businessman so we will see well settled families as well as poor like other Pakistanis.

If you haven't seen anyone that may be you didn't get a chance. I have seen a lot of them while shopping in hyper star and many other malls with branded dresses. I can't give you a count even that I myself feel like someone that wanted to say a lot in short to another person which may be aware about the same so you are in good knowledge.

Coming to blasphemy law so let's say what libidos has done in the name of freedom of speech which is totally insulting the religion, provoking people for extremism and anger hence, causing more threat to minorities in society while propagating for rage and so-called revenge. Blasphemy law is not made to kill someone but it is being implemented so that the majority religion Islam in Pakistan will not be mocked or insulted like this also providing a legal bounding to the minority as well. I am not mentioning India here as your good self has been mentioning about the rights given to minorities and their freedom of speech as you can search and find out by yourself. If blasphemy law is so partial then one can imagine the hanging of people that dare to speak even but that is not the case at all accept propaganda by few. Did the so-called activists ever raise issue on Burqa ban and restrictions on Veil in West US etc.

Islam is the major religion in this country so the Muslims are in majority here hence, the Constitution of Pakistan with every detail for such subject. Majority did not decide the case here for minority but Islam not today but 1400+ years before. Pakistani populace is well aware and getting education that how to move forward after long time in history that we are thwarting every type of Terrorism from killing to religious extremism and so-called activists causing threat to peace. We are actually getting aligned for the first time in history to differentiate between real Islam, the extremism, libidos, people creating anarchy and chaos in our country hence, all the arrangements. A right to freedom of speech does not guarantee anyone to insult others at all so we will be seeing a lot of propaganda but Law is here.

It would be far better if we may help raise the fact from every point of view as many readers use to follow many of seniors due to the credibility of seniority, insight and deep analysis and takes it as facts hence, we have to be a bit responsible while expressing our minds avoiding emotions.
The problem in India and Pakistan is different. The Hindus of Pakistan are according to their gdp per capita stronger economically than the muslims. I haven't seen figures for Christians but it may very well be true for them.

In India muslims are the lowest of the lowest economically and by literacy rate as well.

But this does not mean minorities do not have problems in Pakistan despite being economically superior. To note, problems that exists is forced conversions and false allegations under blasphemy law. I personally want the blasphemy law removed as it is Allah's duty rather than mine or any human beings to judge blasphemy. We cannot declare anyone a blasphemer without proof just as we can't call anyone kaffir without proof.

Islam in history has always focused on the fair treatment of minorities. Why can't we adopt such a mechanism that benefits them.

Sir, you are allowed as per Islam to eat Houbara Bustard too, but Pakistan bans it. Does it hurt your Islamic sentiment?
A secular country does not ban things for everyone. No one is forcing India's hindus to eat beef but muslims reserve the right to eat it. I have heard Indians condemn the alcohol ban to muslims in Pakistan which is against the concept of free will. This is very similar to that. Everyone should have the right to eat what he or she wants.

This does not mean there is no discrimination against minorities in Pakistan. Only minorities themselves can tell us how safe they feel in Pakistan. Why are we speaking for them? .

Sir If you have connection no body touches you if you are weak every body can kick you like football. whether your Sunni shia Hindu Sikh Christian or some other religion. And i know Christians who are happy jus like any other religion. In our Area ( KPK) i see sikh roaming like a proud patriot

But this does not mean minorities do not have problems in Pakistan despite being economically superior. To note, problems that exists is forced conversions and false allegations under blasphemy law. I personally want the blasphemy law removed as it is Allah's duty rather than mine or any human beings to judge blasphemy. We cannot declare anyone a blasphemer without proof just as we can't call anyone kaffir without proof.

Islam in history has always focused on the fair treatment of minorities. Why can't we adopt such a mechanism that benefits them.

Havi, let see the same from the wider prospective. First of all, I am not countering merely your post or you at all but we both know as we are in discussion to lay out the almost real picture.

We all have problems in this country and not to compare or as a complaint, you have approach to read and search that how many muslims died in Pakistan due to terrorism alone against the non-Muslims (Minorities) in whole. You have the answer right in front of view but thankfully and as per our practice, we never propagated that only Pakistani Muslims are being targeted by the terrorists alone or at large but we wrote, spoke and shouted as Pakistanis are facing the most threat of terrorism. Ask a common man with same question while walking in street or any place and you will have the same answer mostly as "Pakistanis died due to terrorism".

Further, we have to differentiate the problems faced by anyone (Muslims or Minorities) due to economical issue in country or the problems between communities. The life living problems cannot be stated as discrimination with any minority that we see all and everyone being hit by the same thing. We also see many poor Muslims living in slums and if you compare the number of Pakistani Muslims living below average life with total minorities in Pakistan, I am sure the number would be close to each other even including those minorities that are living a luxury and high class life in Pakistan.

Now coming to force conversion, as i stated before and here I am again mentioning the same thing that such conversion does not exist at all but a propaganda with no proof but allegations that too being reported from remote areas but the matter then settled once Government intervened and we have no such complaint in hand at the moment otherwise, we both know how media would have been like bonkers on this.

The subject with respect to false allegations is also being discussed and as far as I remember, in 2015, Supreme Court has strictly warned that a person despite any affiliation, if made any false allegation would be charged under the same proceedings as blasphemy. Supreme Court order was very strict that even addressed all the politicians to make sure the same is implemented. Blasphemy Law is not what it has been deliberately propagated however, in past the extremists have been trying to misuse the same due to personal interests, imposing influence and also many political people were backing the same extremists due to their support during elections as well as for influence in area but now, we can see the picture is totally changed. I am not supporter of politics at all or to any party but in this case, we have to understand that there is a clear reason what PM expressed and was not a shot in dark but very well calculated statement.

As the problem of religious extremism came to an end and we almost eliminated such threat and work is still undergoing by putting strict implementation of Law, the people causing chaos and anarchy actually came with a new idea that by provoking people religiously to take law into hand. The thing is, when it comes to religion, some people may not wait for the detail or the clearer picture but being provoked can cause any harm to others which is totally wrong and that's what a specific lot/group is up-to nowadays. For the mere wish of people under the name of so-called freedom of speech, which is not just damaging our society but insulting openly the religion, the Law of Islam cannot be amended and never will be. However, if someone wanted to amend the constitution of Pakistan/law of the land then has to make it to the seat where from it can and for that purpose, it has to be in majority. By the same formula, if majority is agreed with what the constitution holds right now in this subject, then it is proven as Majority is Authority here. I repeat, freedom of speech does not mean that there shouldn't be any restriction that a filthy mouth can mock, insult or can throw dirt to the religion of anyone.

Blasphemy Law is implemented due to many reasons and keeping in view the future otherwise, as I mentioned above, there is a limit of Human to keep quite about things but when it comes to Religion, we will be seeing the society as a disaster/sabotaged due to absence of such Law. The same Law is applied to the Muslims as well that Islam does not allow any Muslim to insult other religion at all. The issue is not the Blasphemy Law etc at all but the problem is, Liberal Extremism which is widely causing threat to Pakistan by dividing us all into these things. A simple formula and the first thing, do not insult the religion and live in peace and harmony that we have no issue so enjoy the life but there is no reason asking to remove a restriction to do what, the negative thing only, which is indeed harmful to the Country.

If blasphemy Law is an issue then people mocking and insulting the religion are biggest issue of the time that are the root cause of all the rage, anger or riots if any hence, Blasphemy Law in the end as the cure of such threat. The misuse is already defined in above lines and we see no problem in this regard however, there is no perfect Governance in this world at the moment all we can do is, counter the maximum threat, minimize it and make sure that if occurred by chance that exist, will be dealt accordingly so there are arrangements for the same. Strict Implementation of such justice may take time but I am sure, we are on the right track in this subject that soon, we will see results as well and this is the reason that enemy is trying to sabotage the process by misleading and misguiding the people in the name of so-called activism/freedom of speech etc and blames.

It is pertinent to mention here that Islam does not count on such Majority or Minority thing about the implementation of Law as the same is completed 1400+ years ago (read last sermon of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W.) with no room left or any loophole that the libidos are trying to do so with wide propaganda and lies. The religion Islam is a complete set of system for everything needed for our life that includes full security for Minorities as well.

(May ALLAH forgive me for any mistake and guide me through the right path... Ameen)

Havi, let see the same from the wider prospective. First of all, I am not countering merely your post or you at all but we both know as we are in discussion to lay out the almost real picture.

We all have problems in this country and not to compare or as a complaint, you have approach to read and search that how many muslims died in Pakistan due to terrorism alone against the non-Muslims (Minorities) in whole. You have the answer right in front of view but thankfully and as per our practice, we never propagated that only Pakistani Muslims are being targeted by the terrorists alone or at large but we wrote, spoke and shouted as Pakistanis are facing the most threat of terrorism. Ask a common man with same question while walking in street or any place and you will have the same answer mostly as "Pakistanis died due to terrorism".

Further, we have to differentiate the problems faced by anyone (Muslims or Minorities) due to economical issue in country or the problems between communities. The life living problems cannot be stated as discrimination with any minority that we see all and everyone being hit by the same thing. We also see many poor Muslims living in slums and if you compare the number of Pakistani Muslims living below average life with total minorities in Pakistan, I am sure the number would be close to each other even including those minorities that are living a luxury and high class life in Pakistan.

Now coming to force conversion, as i stated before and here I am again mentioning the same thing that such conversion does not exist at all but a propaganda with no proof but allegations that too being reported from remote areas but the matter then settled once Government intervened and we have no such complaint in hand at the moment otherwise, we both know how media would have been like bonkers on this.

The subject with respect to false allegations is also being discussed and as far as I remember, in 2015, Supreme Court has strictly warned that a person despite any affiliation, if made any false allegation would be charged under the same proceedings as blasphemy. Supreme Court order was very strict that even addressed all the politicians to make sure the same is implemented. Blasphemy Law is not what it has been deliberately propagated however, in past the extremists have been trying to misuse the same due to personal interests, imposing influence and also many political people were backing the same extremists due to their support during elections as well as for influence in area but now, we can see the picture is totally changed. I am not supporter of politics at all or to any party but in this case, we have to understand that there is a clear reason what PM expressed and was not a shot in dark but very well calculated statement.

As the problem of religious extremism came to an end and we almost eliminated such threat and work is still undergoing by putting strict implementation of Law, the people causing chaos and anarchy actually came with a new idea that by provoking people religiously to take law into hand. The thing is, when it comes to religion, some people may not wait for the detail or the clearer picture but being provoked can cause any harm to others which is totally wrong and that's what a specific lot/group is up-to nowadays. For the mere wish of people under the name of so-called freedom of speech, which is not just damaging our society but insulting openly the religion, the Law of Islam cannot be amended and never will be. However, if someone wanted to amend the constitution of Pakistan/law of the land then has to make it to the seat where from it can and for that purpose, it has to be in majority. By the same formula, if majority is agreed with what the constitution holds right now in this subject, then it is proven as Majority is Authority here. I repeat, freedom of speech does not mean that there shouldn't be any restriction that a filthy mouth can mock, insult or can throw dirt to the religion of anyone.

Blasphemy Law is implemented due to many reasons and keeping in view the future otherwise, as I mentioned above, there is a limit of Human to keep quite about things but when it comes to Religion, we will be seeing the society as a disaster/sabotaged due to absence of such Law. The same Law is applied to the Muslims as well that Islam does not allow any Muslim to insult other religion at all. The issue is not the Blasphemy Law etc at all but the problem is, Liberal Extremism which is widely causing threat to Pakistan by dividing us all into these things. A simple formula and the first thing, do not insult the religion and live in peace and harmony that we have no issue so enjoy the life but there is no reason asking to remove a restriction to do what, the negative thing only, which is indeed harmful to the Country.

If blasphemy Law is an issue then people mocking and insulting the religion are biggest issue of the time that are the root cause of all the rage, anger or riots if any hence, Blasphemy Law in the end as the cure of such threat. The misuse is already defined in above lines and we see no problem in this regard however, there is no perfect Governance in this world at the moment all we can do is, counter the maximum threat, minimize it and make sure that if occurred by chance that exist, will be dealt accordingly so there are arrangements for the same. Strict Implementation of such justice may take time but I am sure, we are on the right track in this subject that soon, we will see results as well and this is the reason that enemy is trying to sabotage the process by misleading and misguiding the people in the name of so-called activism/freedom of speech etc and blames.

It is pertinent to mention here that Islam does not count on such Majority or Minority thing about the implementation of Law as the same is completed 1400+ years ago (read last sermon of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W.) with no room left or any loophole that the libidos are trying to do so with wide propaganda and lies. The religion Islam is a complete set of system for everything needed for our life that includes full security for Minorities as well.

(May ALLAH forgive me for any mistake and guide me through the right path... Ameen)
I respect your views friend. But we need to decide on a system to govern Pakistan that is both acceptable to the muslim majority and not discriminatory to the minorities. I am very patriotic but I don't let my patriotism slide into something where I cannot feel the pain of minorities in Pakistan.

But some of your points I agree with. Terrorism remains a common threat and the terrorist when conducting one of his bombings does not ask whether we are muslim or a believer of something else. So this is a very common threat which shouldn't divide us. I tried to tell shia nationalist Abdul Nishapuri the same thing a long time ago.

Otherwise you might know my views on secularism and my belief that having a fund for hajj of poor people is okay only when we have an equal fund for zikris or hindus for yatra or other minority groups religious needs. I however do not want to impose anything on anybody. All I want is Pakistanis to think more positively about secularism.

You have expressed your views well. The blasphemy law should atleast be amended if not scrapped. Furthermore if it exists it should also appeal to the disparaging of the religion of hindus and christians, otherwise its pretty unfair. Perhaps illiteracy and lack of development is the reason for a lot of problems in our society. If we improve our literacy we might deal with a lot of our problems.

@haviZsultan you are not answering my question. You said beef ban hurts your religious feelings but it seems houbara bustard ban does not, even though both are permitted to you.

So it seems your religious feelings revolve around hurting others religious feelings only. That's truly deplorable.

Back
Top Bottom