What's new

All religion’s followers have equal rights in Pakistan: PM Nawaz

Satanic verses is hate speech because it was intended to insult Muslims. There is no intention of insulting Hindus by eating beef, for muslims there is allowance that's why Muslims consume it. Hindus may get offended by it but tough luck because Muslims get offended by Idol worshiping, doesn't mean we should ban it.

Idol worship is banned in parts of Muslim world same as how cow slaughter is banned in parts of India.

India (and other countries including pakistan) ban many other species permitted for consumption too. But you are only concerned with beef because admit it, it IS about hurting Hindu sentiment :)

Doesn't mean its justified.

Idol worshipping ban is not justified. As idol worshipping is a duty and integral part of Hinduism.

Eating beef is not a duty (or as much a duty as eating houbara bustard are, which is banned in pakistan) neither is it integral to being a Muslim. Hamza yusuf even says prophet Mohamed never even ate beef. So why are you stuck on beef? Pakistan should first allow slaughter of all halal animals and birds using your principle.

I am against beef ban. But I am also against the notion that it is an anti Muslim move or that interferes in their religious duties.

Last edited:
So why are you stuck on beef?
I am just for freedom of conscience. Living life as you see fit not how others see fit. Maybe India could assign designated area where beef slaughter could be practiced away from Hindus.

I am just for freedom of conscience. Living life as you see fit not how others see fit. Maybe India could assign designated area where beef slaughter could be practiced away from Hindus, once the slaughter is done why are Hindus are adamant to check if someone's got cow/goat meat.

Freedom of conscience? Noble words. Will you pick your fights on priority to human life or just to hurt Hindu sentiments?

If it is the prior, you should first campaign for removing ban on satanic verses and scores of other books in pakistan. May be the books can only be made available in special libraries and maturity certificates could be checked at entrance?

Not worth it is it? Similarly indian Muslims have a million other priorities including education jobs etc. Beef ban is a non issue UNLESS one's real objective is seeking and making enemies. I mean it is a non issue religion wise, it should be allowed for optimum utilisation of resources.

If it is the prior, you should first campaign for removing ban on satanic verses and scores of other books in pakistan
Why would I do that? Hate speech belongs in the dust bin. I am all for intellectual criticism of religions but useless offense caused with the purpose of insulting a faith group is rightly punished by death because that may lead to what we call FITNA.

Why would I do that? Hate speech belongs in the dust bin. I am all for intellectual criticism of religions but useless offense caused with the purpose of insulting a faith group is rightly punished by death because that may lead to what we call FITNA.

Death?

Lol ok so you decide what is intellectual criticism and what is not and murder the rest all while lecturing me about freedom of conscience about murdering an animal. Gold.

Anyway let's agree to disagree. Have a nice day.

Death?

Lol ok so you decide what is intellectual criticism and what is not and murder the rest all while lecturing me about freedom of conscience about murdering an animal. Gold.

Anyway let's agree to disagree. Have a nice day.
I specifically said "intent to insult". Court decide intent all the time, its not rocket science. Btw do you even know the difference b/w freedom of conscience and freedom of speech?

Idol worship is banned in parts of Muslim world same as how cow slaughter is banned in parts of India.

India (and other countries including pakistan) ban many other species permitted for consumption too. But you are only concerned with beef because admit it, it IS about hurting Hindu sentiment :)

NO Idol worship is not banned anywhere in the Muslim world. People are free to worship whatever they want. You live in the UAE, you tell me, don't Indians go parading statues of their gods on the dashboard of their cars? forget what they have in their houses!

Your examples are a failure in justifying the saffron chaddi brigade's nonsensical fascist policies. Keep it up :tup:

Last edited:
Just think about how ludicrous this whole equal rights concept sounds : 2 people 1 diabetic and 1 normal are given tea with sugar mixed in both. Now both have got equal amounts of sugar and got treated equally but would that be fair to the diabetic person? If you impose annual 100 $$ tax in a village whose percapita annual income is $$ 100 but with few rich people earning above $ 1000 would that be fair to the poor people even though you are treating both the rich and the poor equally? Now extrapolate this notion "that everyone should have equal rights" at a societal level. : you have injustice. Equality does not equal justice and fairness. When liberal secularist and Hindutvadis call for equal and same exact law for all , they are not denying equal rights to muslims in their countries. They are actually giving equal rights to muslims except that those rights are defined and set by them and by extension any law based on those rights. The french imposed Niqab ban on everyone (christian, jews, hindus, liberals, muslims) but we all know who the target was.

The problem is with terms and narratives. Why do you even want equality for everyone? This whole notion reeks of control by majority dominant culture and is coming from the secular west. You can't impose something on a group of people that they don't believe in or identify with. That's why Islam allows due rights equally to all groups in society and NOT equal rights. Non-muslims are allowed their own courts and religious laws to judge between themselves. They are given a communal autonomy and are NOT asked to integrate or assimilate. Islamic marriage laws, inheritance & dietary laws are NOT imposed on them for example. While secularism calls for one law for all based on secularism, Islam calls for different law for different people under a universal framework of islam. Rights given in Islam (eg. rights to property, progeny, family, dignity & honor, justice etc) is NOT something any human would find a problem with. Islam rights are neither individualistic nor communal but a refined balanced taking into account all aspects of life.

The same is the case with gender rights (men and women are not equal).

Pakistan has more rights and does more for minorities than Switzerland and many other Western nations as well.

We have special transmissions for Christmas, We ran a special train for Christmas this year all decorated in Christmas theme decorations, we have a PUBLIC holiday for Christmas and Diwali etc--even though minorities only account 3% of population altogether. We have reserved seats for minorities in our parliament.

Whereas in Switzerland, you are not even allowed to build minarets of Mosques. And entire country only has four Mosques. In Italy, you won't get any permit to build proper Mosques. In France, government in many areas demand Muslim kids to eat pork in school lunches or go hungary.

Please, Pakistanis need to have some spine and say things as they are. Pakistan does things for minorities that no Western nation does for its Muslim minority! Infact, they spy and mistreat Muslims in particular--especially in Europe.

And before somebody bring up my flags--everybody here is basically due to economic reasons. So don't pull that "why you there? Come to Pak"..Saudi Arabia treat indians like crap--why are million of indians there? yes, economic reasons. This isn't relevant to topic so please don't bring it.

Pakistani bleeding hearts should stop crying for non-Muslim minorities all the time. We need other important things to tackle. Lets not play yourself in Western hands and get framed the way Western media wants the situation to be framed.

Not only PAK bro, NOT a single muslim country does oppression on non-muslim minorities. All you have is an media created hot air and illusion of minority oppression. You know in BD, not a single hindu died due to communal incident even since 71. I am yet to know a Qadiyanis killed in riots in PAK in the last couple of decades but media created hysteria gives a totally different vibe and picture to the outside world.

While in the west (Switzerland) muslim parents now have to send their teenage daughters to swin with boys:
Swiss Muslim girls must learn to swim with boys, court rules
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38569428

Equal rights for all in secular switzerland. @haviZsultan @Zibago @Kaptaan @PersonasNonGrata The rights set by your religion (liberal secularism) seem to be very intrusive and unfair.

Pakistanis make such ridiculous claims by changing definition of words.

No minorities do NOT have equal rights as per your own constitution. They CAN NOT hold the office you are holding Mr prime minister. Since such blatant lies about FACTS written in your constitution also need not undergo even basic scrutiny, then the outlook for the intellectual environment in Pakistan is truly shocking.

And that is why as a muslim I have problem with that claim. Non-muslims should not have equal rights in everything and there is nothing morally wrong with it. Using these western narrative of equal rights would get muslims into a hole where agenda seeking non-muslims like you can throw stones while living in a glass house.

Last edited:
Its not the case unfortunately we have gone more intolerant than ever before!!

How can the majority (Muslims in Pakistan's case) decide the feelings and condition of minorities and by them,selves label them safe? Bravado and and some weird sense of nationalistic jingoism and chauvinism has taken control of Pakistani populace and as Lffy proves even Bengal. I have never heard any person from a minority community (Ahmedi, Hindu, Christian or other) ever say he is in a good condition within Pakistan.

When we do not even admit that blasphemy law, forced conversions, illegal marriages to Hindu youth and abductions the like of which Satish Anand suffered occur then how can we improve the situation for minorities. This isn't about patriotism or competition between India and Pakistan, I know as a Lucknowi how things are in Indian occupied Lucknow. It is about admitting a wrong to fix it.

Beef ban is against Islamic sentiment. We are told to eat whatever is allowed to us in both Quran and Hadith. Muslims in Indian controlled parts should be allowed to eat beef.

Beef ban is against Islamic sentiment. We are told to eat whatever is allowed to us in both Quran and Hadith. Muslims in Indian controlled parts should be allowed to eat beef.

Sir, you are allowed as per Islam to eat Houbara Bustard too, but Pakistan bans it. Does it hurt your Islamic sentiment?

Back
Top Bottom