What's new

Algeria's celebration of November first and the uninvited guest

Ceylal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Following an Algerian call to end occupied territories in Africa in Abuja, Morocco recalled its Ambassador for consultation. Algeria took note and regretted the Moroccan action. On November 1st, its consulate in Marrakech was storm and the Algerian flag lowered and torn without any interference from the Moroccan security forces present on site. The Algerian reaction was strong but measured . Morocco's desecration of the Algerian flag was seen as an affront not only to the Algerian government but to the Algerian people in its entirety. As off today Morocco has not publicly and formally apologized, beside expressing regrets to an isolated case, which Algeria refuted.
Morocco by all measures is a bad student of history and has not learn anything from the Moubarak's Egypt in its armed wrestling with Algeria after the soccer game that opposed their respective teams.
The year if not years ahead , Morocco will certainly test the Algerian resolve and what drive her and her citizenry.
[video]
[/video]

The rest ....of November 1st was a display of remembrance, dignity, honor and pride.
543887_10152002731475908_407983748_n.jpg

1395247_10152002732055908_1954185036_n.jpg

1375693_10152004912195908_389344817_n.jpg

1441227_3592422945418_1486292948_n.jpg

1379790_10200818946931820_967654375_n.jpg

1457641_10200818973252478_2042468355_n.jpg

543887_10152002731475908_407983748_n.jpg

7abibi absolutely beautiful pictures. What kind of horses are those? Some of them look like the world famous Arabian horses.

Also don't forget Sharif Abd al-Qadir ibn Muhyiddin or Abdelkader el Djezairi as he is also known as. Great Muslim, Algerian hero and one of the biggest heroes in the Arab world in the last 2 centuries.

10x501l.gif

2i88wv5.jpg

Eternal honor and respect to the Algerian heroes that defeated the French parasites.

Will we be seeing a war in near future between both allied states to KSA? Hmm my stomach is puking over this :(

Will we be seeing a war in near future between both allied states to KSA? Hmm my stomach is puking over this :(

No war between two largely brotherly Arab countries of a similar Arab/Berber stock. Impossible. I am sure there will be diplomatic solution. Arabs like arguing. Do I need to mention the Algeria-Egypt confrontations and hundreds of others throughout history?

Rivalry does not equal conflict. At the end of the day all countries are rivals in the way that they all look for their own best interests before anything else. Same with people.

Saudi Arabia and the rest of the GCC states stand with Morocco and recognize the western Sahara as a part of the Moroccan territories whether Algeria like it or not.

Happy independence day btw.

Both Arab Muslim countries..yet have issues? Come to our neighborhood then, we'll show you some real drama....

Saudi Arabia and the rest of the GCC states stand with Morocco and recognize the western Sahara as a part of the Moroccan territories whether Algeria like it or not.

Happy independence day btw.

There is a rivalry going there between the two like almost among every Arab state to a certain agree. We don't have to mention Qatar here.

Western Sahara should indeed be part of Morocco or just become a separate entity.

From what I recall it is disputed territory but more or less self-governed.

If it was a independent country then we would be taking about the 76th biggest country in the world (over 200 countries in the world) but only a population of 500.000.

I don't actually know if the land contains a lot of resources. At least it has a long coastline to the Atlantic but Morocco already has that.

Not sure what it is all about. Maybe @Ceylal can elaborate.

It is better to have unity instead of several states, emirates, kingdoms, sheikdoms, sultanates etc. once again. So for that reason I support the Moroccan claim which is the most logical one IMO.

Both Arab Muslim countries..yet have issues? Come to our neighborhood then, we'll show you some real drama....

Not troubles or issues. These are just mild disputes.

I don't think they wish to make some dramas like the ones we see in the subcontinent though...

The Algerian press and the Moroccan consulate invasion
7abibi absolutely beautiful pictures. What kind of horses are those? Some of them look like the world famous Arabian horses.
TIts a north african horse known as the "BARB" little smaller in size than the ARABIAN, but stronger and more resilient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barb_horse

The Algerian press and the Moroccan consulate invasion

TIts a north african horse known as the "BARB" little smaller in size than the ARABIAN, but stronger and more resilient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barb_horse

In terms of strenght then it appears to me that they are very similar. The Arabian horse for instance is world famous for its endurance and strength too although both breads tend to be similar from what I can gather here and on the pictures.

From the same link you posted:

The Barb may have had more influence on the racing breeds throughout the world than any other horse except the Arabian.[5]

Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse.

Do you think that there will be any confrontation between Morocco and Algeria? It makes no sense in my eyes. Two very similar countries of the same Arab-Berber stock with many more similarities than opposites.

Also what is your view on Western Sahara? Should it be a separate country or be a part of Morocco? And what is the Algerian position? Do they claim Western Sahara?

Also this should be the least of Algeria's worries given the volatile region (conflict in Mali, lawless Niger, conflict in Libya, Tunisia and the "Wild South" that covers nearly 90% of Algerian territory).

Morocco and Algeria should cooperate on those issues IMO.

I would very much like to hear your views on those questions.

I know there was a conflict in Western Sahara where Morocco supported one party and Algeria the other and the "Sand war" between the two countries a decade earlier and that the border remains closed between the two countries.

But it seems strange for me nevertheless.

Last edited:
unlikely, unless the makhzen take his desires for reality.
Algeria got used to live with an unhappy; raucous ; and belligerent monarchy, but limited in scope to a political jabs between the two governments. What is different this time, the invasion of the consulate and the desecration of the flag on this particular date of November the first was seen by the Algerian citizen as an an affront to the memory of their dead heros and an insult directed at them. The Moroccan reply as an isolated incident add insult to injury. Algeria has not reply yet nor swept the incident under the rug.

unlikely, unless the makhzen take his desires for reality.
Algeria got used to live with an unhappy; raucous ; and belligerent monarchy, but limited in scope to a political jabs between the two governments. What is different this time, the invasion of the consulate and the desecration of the flag on this particular date of November the first was seen by the Algerian citizen as an an affront to the memory of their dead heros and an insult directed at them. The Moroccan reply as an isolated incident add insult to injury. Algeria has not reply yet nor swept the incident under the rug.

Ceylal, that incident is obviously unfortunate but what caused it to begin with? I also remember that you were/are not pleased with the Algerian regime either from what I have gathered and remember. Please elaborate on that as well.

Do you think that there will be any confrontation between Morocco and Algeria? It makes no sense in my eyes. Two very similar countries of the same Arab-Berber stock with many more similarities than opposites.

Also what is your view on Western Sahara? Should it be a separate country or be a part of Morocco? And what is the Algerian position? Do they claim Western Sahara?

Also this should be the least of Algeria's worries given the volatile region (conflict in Mali, lawless Niger, conflict in Libya, Tunisia and the "Wild South" that covers nearly 90% of Algerian territory).

Morocco and Algeria should cooperate on those issues IMO.

I would very much like to hear your views on those questions.

I know there was a conflict in Western Sahara where Morocco supported one party and Algeria the other and the "Sand war" between the two countries a decade earlier and that the border remains closed between the two countries.

But it seems strange for me nevertheless.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom