What's new

Al-Qaeda claims responsibility of Bhutto's assassination

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ROMA, Dec 27 (KUNA) -- A spokesperson of Al-Qaeda has Thursday claimed responsibility for the killing of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, Italian independent news agency Adnkronos International (AKI) said.

"We terminated the most precious American asset which vowed to defeat the mujahadeen," Al-Qaeda's commander and main spokesperson Mustafa Abu Al-Yazid told AKI in a phone call from an unknown location, speaking in faltering English, AKI said on their website.

Al-Yazid, who is the main Al-Qaeda commander in Afghanistan, said that the decision to kill Bhutto, who is the leader of the opposition Pakistan People's Party (PPP), was made by al-Qaeda number two Ayman Al-Dhawahiri in October this year, according to AKI.

Bhutto had just addressed a pre-election rally on Thursday in the garrison town of Rawalpindi when a suicide bomber blew himself up.

At least 15 other people were killed in the attack and several others were injured.
Khabrein.info

We were expecting this to happen soon, now its official.

Still emotionally unsettled about the current affairs I'm not ashamed to admit that this is a relief as it will divert people's anger towards AQ instead of Musharraf or PA.

What are going to be the follow on effects? From my limited knowledge, AQ within Pakistan are primarily in Waziristan and the general NWFP? Does this mean a greater and more forceful military presence in these areas?
More or less communication with the Taliban?

Contrary to the belief of some that the AQ is not operating in Pakistan, this proves that it is.

This unfortunate, dastardly and cowardly act does have the signature of AQ and I would not be surprised if indeed they are behind it. AQ is like a snake in the grass.

These awful terrorists are out to destabilise Pakistan and this will surely affect the whole sub continent.

All must unite to fight this scourge.

What are going to be the follow on effects? From my limited knowledge, AQ within Pakistan are primarily in Waziristan and the general NWFP? Does this mean a greater and more forceful military presence in these areas?

Its too soon to tell what Mushes next move will be, he might order more military into FATA, ask US' assistence in combat operations or even host a parliamentary debate regarding full scale military clean up operation in area's affected by AQ's presence.

Whatever he does, PPP will have to go along with the dicision to rfevenge BB's assassination.

Imho this is the perfect timing to correct the course and make up for the mistakes made during time of partition; confiscate FATA, bring it to central rule and completely wipe out AQ and Taliban's including all foreign entities from its territories.

This will NOT result in civil war as many fear, people are simply fed up with terrorists strinking in the hear of the country. This has to end now!

If AQ and Taliban are attacked with the intent of wiping them out, the whole world will support Pakistan, whoever be the head of Pakistan.

These terrorists are getting out of hand and all to powerful wherein they are holding countries to ransom, including Islamic countries.

Just when things were looking up for Pakistan, they have the temerity to upset the apple cart to impinge their dogma of fear creation!

If this news is TRUE and is confirmed by the gov of Pakistan,

then these al-qaeda bastards have really pushed the limit.

May Allah Tallah CURSE these al-qaeda +taleban +local pakistani taleban +locan militants in fata for doing this unGodly act.

May Allah Tallah protect Pakistan from this Jahalat and keep Musharraf and other good/true leaders in His protection. Ameen.

May Bhutto rest in peace.My condolensces.

InshahAllah, Pakistan will NEVER bow down to these fundo MURDERERS

Rizwan

First thing first, we need to hold elections...thats our top priority. Musharraf will push for elections, even without his main rival....PPP is likely to boycot and NS is already a lost case.

Full military operation in FATA ordered by civil government will have domestic and international support, even if Musharraf is the new elected President.

First thing first, we need to hold elections...thats our top priority. Musharraf will push for elections, even without his main rival....PPP is likely to boycot and NS is already a lost case.

Full military operation in FATA ordered by civil government will have domestic and international support, even if Musharraf is the new elected President.

If PPP and NS do not run for elections, then there will be no meaning to the election.

It would be a waste of money to hold election as the current govt would be returned.

Anti Musharraf forces will then prove the point.

Its too soon to tell what Mushes next move will be, he might order more military into FATA, ask US' assistence in combat operations or even host a parliamentary debate regarding full scale military clean up operation in area's affected by AQ's presence.

Whatever he does, PPP will have to go along with the dicision to rfevenge BB's assassination.

Imho this is the perfect timing to correct the course and make up for the mistakes made during time of partition; confiscate FATA, bring it to central rule and completely wipe out AQ and Taliban's including all foreign entities from its territories.
I agree. It will be expensive in blood, but will ensure Pakistans long term future
This will NOT result in civil war as many fear, people are simply fed up with terrorists strinking in the hear of the country. This has to end now!
Ironically it may be the most unifying thing for some time. If any good can come from her murder, I hope this is it.

Is that a bad thing..? I guess not, Pakistan needs strong leadership and guidance now and who's filltefd better for the roll than Musharraf? The guy gave up his uniform for the love of his country, you of all people will understand what a uniform means to a soldier.

I'd rather put my eggs in the same basket I'm familiar with, he's prven himself more than any of his rivals.

And yes, even if it means waste of money we need to do so to silence international community. This time we'll do things right.

If PPP and NS do not run for elections, then there will be no meaning to the election.

It would be a waste of money to hold election as the current govt would be returned.

Anti Musharraf forces will then prove the point.

Oh for the days of a national unity government. If the PPP stand aside after Musharraf goes ahead with the elections at the earliest possible opportunity they will look weak in the eyes of their people. Either way, as Neo says, elections followed by strikes against FATA will receive strong support, not just from America.

I just hope that the elections are held. The hatred that Al Qaea has risen in the people of pakistan will be their undoing. I think even if the political leaders don't want to, the coutnry will make it happen and i sure hope it does. We need to strike these guys hard and many countries will help and it will be both good for Pakistan's image, and safety as well as world safety.

But elections first, sab 4 nafal man lo!

what has happened is most unfortunate!
what will happen next in the FATA areas. well joint PA-US strikes against the militants.

At this time we should not be pointing fingers at each other. We need to confront and fight the enemy which is of course Al-Queda.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom