What's new

Al-Khalid MBT Capability/Tactics

PakArmyFTW

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello! (1) I'm curious, what tactics would Pakistani tank crews use against armored vehicles including other MBTs--Abrams, T-90, etc etc?

From what I've read the Al-Khalid is a quite modern MBT but it isn't exactly a battlefield supremacy tank in a way. Western tanks like the Abrams and German leopards are designed to obtain armored superiority no matter what the cost. (2) So where does the Al-Khalid fit in? Is it a hunter-killer designed for ambush instead of head-on slugging matches?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Why are you so interested in tactics of PA.Yesterday you were asking about mobilization plans of PA.Now capabilities of AK.Dude if you want to ask atleast correct your flags.And oh by the way totally unrealible source of gathering intelligence.Please use google that would give you better it will be more reliable.

Why are you so interested in tactics of PA.Yesterday you were asking about mobilization plans of PA.Now capabilities of AK.Dude if you want to ask atleast correct your flags.And oh by the way totally unrealible source of gathering intelligence.Please use google that would give you better it will be more reliable.
Who the hell are you to ask me this? What are you implying? Yesterday some morons couldn't give straight answers, and then started saying I'm Indian for asking a question about the PA... what idiots are you? You morons and trolls should all be banned if you can't add to the discussion. Is it a sin to be interested in your country's armed forces? Moron.

Last edited:
Who the hell are you to ask me this? What are you implying? Yesterday some morons couldn't give straight answers, and then started saying I'm Indian for asking a question about the PA... what idiots are you? You morons and trolls should all be banned if you can't add to the discussion. Is it a sin to be interested in your country's armed forces? Moron.
You are asking about tactics of PA. What if tomorrow who ever answered your question leaks some viable secrets and tactics are you going to take responsibility ?

You ask stupid questions people will give stupid answers !

You are asking about tactics of PA. What if tomorrow who ever answered your question leaks some viable secrets and tactics are you going to take responsibility ?

You ask stupid questions people will give stupid answers !

Please get a dictionary and read the forum description carefully. This is what this forum is for. I'm not asking for classified information and neither is anyone going to post it. People with low IQ like you should stay away and not advertise their imbecility. You people are so disgusting stupid it makes me cringe.
i439iI8.png

The tactic of Pakistan Army is to go towards East if any threat comes from there.

Hope that is a sufficient answer for you...

Al Khalid is a pretty decent tank. It can do the job quite well against its opponents (most like T-72, T-90s, and Arjuns)...

We don't need to worry about what Germans are making..

The tactic of Pakistan Army is to go towards East if any threat comes from there.

Al Khalid is a pretty decent tank. It can do the job quite well against its opponents (most like T-72, T-90s, and Arjuns)...

VERY VERY RIGHT REPLY

Please get a dictionary and read the forum description carefully. This is what this forum is for. I'm not asking for classified information and neither is anyone going to post it. People with low IQ like you should stay away and not advertise their imbecility. You people are so disgusting stupid it makes me cringe.
i439iI8.png
OK dude ! but you won't get any right answer. The tactics are simple go towards east. How that is classified in what formation what group how many each regiments will send tanks to east or whatever is classified.

However Alkhalid is as capable as any modern tank. It can have head to head and ambush matches as you said. Claiming M1 Abrams and Leopard to be the Armour superiority tanks is right yes they have heavy armor and weaponry yes its true but Alkhalid is well equipped to counter these tanks. It may have lesser armor protection (which by the way can be overcomed by ERA at some extent) but it does have the Tank gun to penetrate any armor in the world. If not turret it can wipe out tank from Sides and rear and front too.
In real conflict even in Iraq war the most m1 Abrams tank kills were in range of max 500m against T72 series Russian tanks which by the way were downgraded t72's. The M1 Abrams were hit with the many rounds but were not destroyed as the downgraded t72 were not powerful enuf to counter that armour. Taking this example now to Pakistan. Pakistani Alkhalid can easily penetrate armour of 650mm with New APFSDS Type II M and 550mm with old APFSDS. this is at 0degree angle of impact. This alot of firepower to destroy even abrams and leopard from side hull and turret.

I have read many books for example Rommel and tanks of WW2 Which is about How Americans/british tanks countered powerful german tanks. from this I got this idea to research on how Pakistan terrain for tanks will work out in modern era.

My verdict is that there wont be long range tank battles beyond 1000 meters because of the bumpy terrain of Deserts in east for example thar side and in punjab well it is completely going to be like mostly Urban terrain with buildings and cities so no more than 1000meters. In 1965 for example battle of chawinda was no more than 800meters face to face battle.

So Even if lets say Leopard ,Arjun and M1 vs AK the both tanks will have mostly same Probability because it all depends on who shoots first but with if any tank gets hit at hull side and rear it surely is dead at first hit. But on front turret Depends the tank with Era will survive mostly.

Range is not issue as all modern tanks have atleast 2km range and with ATGM beyond 5 kilometers.

Last edited:

Thanks.
OK dude ! but you won't get any right answer. The tactics are simple go towards east. How that is classified in what formation what group how many each regiments will send tanks to east or whatever is classified.

However Alkhalid is as capable as any modern tank. It can have head to head and ambush matches as you said. Claiming M1 Abrams and Leopard to be the Armour superiority tanks is right yes they have heavy armor and weaponry yes its true but Alkhalid is well equipped to counter these tanks. It may have lesser armor protection (which by the way can be overcomed by ERA at some extent) but it does have the Tank gun to penetrate any armor in the world. If not turret it can wipe out tank from Sides and rear and front too.
In real conflict even in Iraq war the most m1 Abrams tank kills were in range of max 500m against T72 series Russian tanks which by the way were downgraded t72's. The M1 Abrams were hit with the many rounds but were not destroyed as the downgraded t72 were not powerful enuf to counter that armour. Taking this example now to Pakistan. Pakistani Alkhalid can easily penetrate armour of 650mm with New APFSDS Type II M and 550mm with old APFSDS. this is at 0degree angle of impact. This alot of firepower to destroy even abrams and leopard from side hull and turret.

I have read many books for example Rommel and tanks of WW2 Which is about How Americans/british tanks countered powerful german tanks. from this I got this idea to research on how Pakistan terrain for tanks will work out in modern era.

My verdict is that there wont be long range tank battles beyond 1000 meters because of the bumpy terrain of Deserts in east for example thar side and in punjab well it is completely going to be like mostly Urban terrain with buildings and cities so no more than 1000meters. In 1965 for example battle of chawinda was no more than 800meters face to face battle.

So Even if lets say Leopard ,Arjun and M1 vs AK the both tanks will have mostly same Probability because it all depends on who shoots first but with if any tank gets hit at hull side and rear it surely is dead at first hit. But on front turret Depends the tank with Era will survive mostly.

Range is not issue as all modern tanks have atleast 2km range and with ATGM beyond 5 kilometers.
Now was that so hard? Thanks. When I said what tactics would be used I meant tactics like the Soviet/Russian doctrine--in which huge waves of armored vehicles are used as a blunt force, while the western doctrine is armored superiority in terms of technology with close air support, so your opinion is our tanks would basically engage the enemy simply and try their best to win the battle of annihilation. Interesting....

Last edited:
Thanks.

Now was that so hard? Thanks. When I said what tactics would be used I meant tactics like the Soviet/Russian doctrine--in which huge waves of armored vehicles are used as a blunt force, while the western doctrine is armored superiority in terms of technology with close air support, so your opinion is our tanks would basically engage the enemy simply and try their best to win the battle for annihilation. Interesting....
Yeah Interesting but strategies changes time to time...............and top military elite always know the best............so gathering information about strategies is not a very good idea as they are variable and situation dependent. for simplicity Pak army has Al Khalids and T80UD to counter Indian T90s. As per T72, Arjun we got Type 85,Al Zarrar and Type 79 Tanks to counter them............. so not a very big issue..............
in near future India is going towards Arjun Mk2 and T90 and Pakistan will march towards Al Khalid2 and MBT3000...........so in case of Tanks..........both nations do not have any prominent difference in strength..............

It is not a sin my friend, it is just no one yet knows the exact capibalities of Alkhalid and Alzarar tanks, apart from what everyone has read or watched on internet or tv. You certainly r welcome to ask whatever question pops up in your mind related to Pakistan defence capabilties.

Hello! (1) I'm curious, what tactics would Pakistani tank crews use against armored vehicles including other MBTs--Abrams, T-90, etc etc?

From what I've read the Al-Khalid is a quite modern MBT but it isn't exactly a battlefield supremacy tank in a way. Western tanks like the Abrams and German leopards are designed to obtain armored superiority no matter what the cost. (2) So where does the Al-Khalid fit in? Is it a hunter-killer designed for ambush instead of head-on slugging matches?

Thanks!
WE do not have to worry about Western Heavy Armor for now or even in the near future. Indian Armor is primary consideration and threat in the region.

Al-Khalid variants are good enough to counter Indian Armor such as T-90 and T-72 variants out in the open if necessary.

Indian Heavy Armor such as Arjun variants would be an interesting test subject.

If you are asking generally then American M1A2C with Trophy APS is arguably the most potent MBT in existence. It is better armored then earlier variants (classified), can engage a potential target around 16000 meters mark in open terrain (according to American troops), and Trophy APS make it all the more difficult for another MBT to score hits on it before getting knocked out in turn.

German Leopard 2 A7 + is another very impressive MBT to emerge in the Western hemisphere lately. It feature latest L55 main gun (superior penetration performance than the older L44 main gun), is better armored than earlier variants, and also equipped with German exclusive APS. Another very challenging MBT to cope with.

Israeli Merkava 4 was the first MBT to receive Trophy APS in 2011. The first MBT to receive APS in fact. Lessons from war with Hezbollah in 2006 were taken seriously.

Russian T-14 Armata, Japanese Type 10 and Chinese ZTZ-99A are also impressive MBTs respectively.

Back
Top Bottom