What's new

Al-Khalid 2

they are inducting alot of weapons
making our weapons public wont matter to them

as they have already chose a path to become atleast a Globalsuper power if nt a true superpower

we need to transparent all our weapons specs.as well as future upgrades,procurements programs

Yes it will.. you buy a shotgun thinking I own a pistol and you will feel you have the upper hand by a far margin.
The day you find out I not only have a pistol but a carbine as well you will panic and start spending cash on much more including sniper rifles, ammunition etc.
That I cannot keep up with and it forces me to send my whole family hungry just to keep pace with you.
So the smartest thing is to keep you guessing.

Yes it will.. you buy a shotgun thinking I own a pistol and you will feel you have the upper hand by a far margin.
The day you find out I not only have a pistol but a carbine as well you will panic and start spending cash on much more including sniper rifles, ammunition etc.
That I cannot keep up with and it forces me to send my whole family hungry just to keep pace with you.

Well said . but you have to make sure your achievement surpass their guessing :)

The specifications surfaced about T-90S were nothing special so much so that T-80ud was better in some aspects like a more reliable engine, ballistic computer and so on. To say the AK=T-90S is like saying T-80ud=AK which is far from truth. Yes the Russians have been making tanks fro more than 70 years and have earned tremendous capabilities in tank design but their tank do suffer by some basic design limitations which has been highlighted time and again. An example is T-90S and even M model where tank crew not only have a crampy interior but lack of Panoramic vision, a Battle Management System and even datalink ability which limits its battle field awareness, hence survivability. One wonders why India took delivery of the same MBT but in three different versions that too in a span of less than 8 years?? Its not just upgrading, rather rectifying issues surfacing in each version from S to M to AM. Having no intentions to degrade Russian engineering and technological expertise, both T-80 and T-90 have K-5 armor and a powerful 125 mm main gun which is among the best out there.

i'm not questioning the aspects of T-90 here.. but you will have to re check your backyard before comparing the machines. T-80UD neither have K-5 nor 2A46..

KBA3

AL-khalid should be superior to T90 and arjun and keep a should get a world rank amoung the worlds top tanks

AL-khalid should be superior to T90 and arjun and keep a should get a world rank amoung the worlds top tanks

the quality of a tank doesnt mean it will kill a inferior tank

crew performance does matter

Al khalid 2 will be among the best main battle tank including T-90/Arjun

i'm not questioning the aspects of T-90 here.. but you will have to re check your backyard before comparing the machines. T-80UD neither have K-5 nor 2A46..

KBA3

Yes it does not because it has better of both. Early generation of Ukrainian Nozh armor that was developed because Russians blocked the armor and 2a46 gun technology. What T-80ud has is better than K-5, and has a KBA-3 main gun, again which is their improvement of baseline 2a46-m gun and due to its success it is also in use with Yatagan and Oplot, not to mention the latest T-84U.

A very good explanation for the light headed.

However, please note, that as long as the weapons purchases are from China to Pakistan, they can be kept a secret to a very high level. China, being a tightly censored state and with state owned military complexes, keeps a very tight watch on it's activities and thus keeps the workings secret. Pakistan is expected to do the same.

However, when Pakistan buys equipment from the West, hundreds of millions of dollars worth of deals don't just happen secretly. One way or the other you find out. For example, in case of US, the congress has to be notified for any potential foreign sales and thus the word gets out. Same with European firms. Lest, you have to ship them.....you can't ship Howitzers, tanks, Fighter aircraft and hundreds of missiles in your suitcase. You either send your own assets to pick them up, e.g. C130s of PAF for the MAR 1 missiles.....or you hire a global shipping company. Which again, leaks the the stuff out.

So one way or the other, a smart enemy with enough resources, will know what you have.

Secrecy is perhaps the biggest thing working in favor of Pakistan, when Pakistan buys from China. I hope it continues in that fashion.

Although I can't say for sure but PA should have atleast 3000 tanks and 1100 self propelled howetzers as we have to face many enemies in now a days. Al-Khalid and AL-Zarrar are the real tanks for PA.

Yes it does not because it has better of both. Early generation of Ukrainian Nozh armor that was developed because Russians blocked the armor and 2a46 gun technology. What T-80ud has is better than K-5, and has a KBA-3 main gun, again which is their improvement of baseline 2a46-m gun and due to its success it is also in use with Yatagan and Oplot, not to mention the latest T-84U.

You have no idea what you are talking about, first you claimed T-80UD and T-90 sharing the same gun and era and now this.
FYI, KBA-3 is not a improvement of D-81 rather its a home grown variant developed when Russia blocked the supply, even the official website claiming the identical characteristics of 2A46 you went all way with 'improvement'. Its a well known fact that Yatagan MBT fitted with NATO 120mm gun. And also there is no Nozh(old? or new gen .. !!) era present in your T-80UD's all are equipped with old Soviet eras.

i think al khalid 2 will not be produced rather buy and produce china T99 in pak under transfer for tec argrement and save time and money that what indai di insted of producing arjun in large no of future upgrade they are producing russin T90 which is a good tank.

Back
Top Bottom