What's new

Al-Khalid 2

Heavy Industries Taxila facility itself is HUGE. Consists of different build factories for the tank, assembly, maintenance and non-production buildings (e.g. hospital, schools)

i did not know it was larger than what the Chinese have

May be they said it because of a good friendship gesture :china:

bro,It may be true,bcz I had heard it that several times .

well,i dont interrupt your subject of discussion in this thread.
to get back to Al-Khalid 2 original point=p

bro,It may be true,bcz I had heard it that several times .

well,i dont interrupt your subject of discussion in this thread.
to get back to Al-Khalid 2 original point=p

personally i don't know whether the news is true or not because i don't have much knowledge about the factories and their capacity ,but i will try to find it as soon as possible then will inform you on that

Houshanghai

This is what i got hope it may help you

Total number of employees working in HIT according to 2004 stats were 6450 people

It has atleast 9 factories in it , these are
1)Heavy Rebuild Factory T-Series
2)Heavy Rebuild Factory M-Series
3)APC Factory
4)Gun Factory
5)Tank Factory
6)Development, Engineering Support And Components Manufacture (DESCOM)
7)Evaluation, Training And Research Organization (ETRO)
8)Mechanical Complex
9)Research And Development (R&D)

Two questions here.

1.The Ukrainian APS Varta ,is it an upgrade for AK1 or was it already in the original AK configuration(in 2002) with those Ukrainian engines ?

2.How come HIT has only manufactured 220 AKs as of 2011?.I mean isnt HIT been producing them for a decade.Thats like 20 tanks a year,considering HIT is regarded as one the biggest Tank factories in Asia.At this rate it will take HIT over 20 years to complete the initial requirment for 600AKs!.

Two questions here.

1.The Ukrainian APS Varta ,is it an upgrade for AK1 or was it already in the original AK configuration(in 2002) with those Ukrainian engines ?

2.How come HIT has only manufactured 220 AKs as of 2011?.I mean isnt HIT been producing them for a decade.Thats like 20 tanks a year,considering HIT is regarded as one the biggest Tank factories in Asia.At this rate it will take HIT over 20 years to complete the initial requirment for 600AKs!.

1. The APS has nothing to do with engines, the APS can be installed on the earlier AKs and may be if not installed on each and every AK, some AKs will use the APS in times of war.

2. The HIT is not making just tanks, they are makings AKs, upgrading AZs, other tank related work in the shape of overhauling, making APCs, different other armored vehicles etc etc. Plus, we have the question of resources then. More money we have, more output these factories can produce, less money, less output. Thus with less output, things will be given priority.

Nothing for sure now, how it will look like.

But since we are short on money and don't have time, the AK 2 would most probably be something like a highly modified version of AK. In my guess, the turret may see major changes in the shape of more armor, better armor, may be some APS system installed and may also get the turret bustle loading system compared to the current carousel loading system. PA would like to keep it in the 50t range.

Sir i heard that the ak2 will have a 1500hp engine
which means if the weight of the tank is about 55 tons like the leclerc than it will have a t/w ratio of 27.7hp/ton.which at present is the highest in the world

i think the weight of the ak2 will be between 54-55ton due to the powerfull 1500hp engine

1. The APS has nothing to do with engines, the APS can be installed on the earlier AKs and may be if not installed on each and every AK, some AKs will use the APS in times of war.

I know that the APS has nothing to do with the engines.What i was asking was,did pakistan procure the APS at the same time as when we purchased the Engines in 2002 or was the APS procured with the AK1 upgrade program.

2. The HIT is not making just tanks, they are makings AKs, upgrading AZs, other tank related work in the shape of overhauling, making APCs, different other armored vehicles etc etc. Plus, we have the question of resources then. More money we have, more output these factories can produce, less money, less output. Thus with less output, things will be given priority.
I agree with resources point you put up.We can see problem in both Al khalid and jf-17 thunder programs ,lack of resources in effecting production rates.But still i believe we have 250Ak+320 t80s matched up against ~700 t-90s.

No exact information about how many AK OR AK1 have been produced since 2001-2011.Various sources claim number built 250 to 550 which is big difference.It looks information are classified.
Same case is with AK2.Even no design information is available anywhere.There were rumors AK2 would be backbone of Pakistan Army from 2012.But currently nothing valid information is available for its design, features and development.It sounds highly classified:smokin:

IMO, Only AK1 can easily match up with T-90.So do not count other types of tanks.They are useful to counter T-72 and other type in Indian Army.To have edge over T-90, we need AK-2.Waiting when this machine will come out with great surprise for nation.

IMO, Only AK1 can easily match up with T-90.So do not count other types of tanks.They are useful to counter T-72 and other type in Indian Army.To have edge over T-90, we need AK-2.Waiting when this machine will come out with great surprise for nation.

the Ak1 is already superior to the indian t-90M.

just check out the upgrades done to the Ak1.

I know that the APS has nothing to do with the engines.What i was asking was,did pakistan procure the APS at the same time as when we purchased the Engines in 2002 or was the APS procured with the AK1 upgrade program.

I agree with resources point you put up.We can see problem in both Al khalid and jf-17 thunder programs ,lack of resources in effecting production rates.But still i believe we have 250Ak+320 t80s matched up against ~700 t-90s.

No, the APS system was procured much before. AK-1 came last year, while we have seen pics of AK with the APS before that. But, may be not procured for each tank.

For now the numbers seem fine, but we need to increase them in coming years, with India procuring T-90s, Arjuns & upgrading T-72s, they are gonna be having a good tank force by the end of this decade.

We need to have good tanks as well as some new ATGM system, which takes care of the new tanks and their armor, if can't destroy, atleast damage them enough to give us time in a battle. ATGMs are a cheap alternative when compared to having tank for a tank scenario.

the Ak1 is already superior to the indian t-90M.

just check out the upgrades done to the Ak1.

Too hard to say that. Russians have been making tanks for decades and the T-90s are supposedly the best out there currently. They have been field tested and reportedly different kind of ammunition have been tested on it with very good stopping power reported. And as for AKs, the other specs may be good, but main thing is armor and that we don't know much about. Thus as of now, T-90 is superior to AKs or may be in future, the AK-1 or AK-2 become superior or equal to T-90s.

arena_10.gif
Arena active protection (Russia)

is an active countermeasure system developed at Russia's Kolomna-based Engineering Design Bureau for the purpose of protecting armored fighting vehicles from destruction by light anti-tank weapons, anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM), and missiles with top attack warheads. It uses a Doppler radar to detect incoming warheads. Upon detection, a defensive rocket is fired that detonates near the inbound threat, destroying it before it hits the vehicle.
The system incorporates the following engineering solutions:

use of a multi-functional millimetre radar with "instant" scanning of all protected sector to detect and track antitank targets;
use of focused instant-effect protective ammunition for aimed destruction of incoming targets;
control equipment, represented by a specialized computer that provides automatic control over radar operation and system as a whole, as well as device for serviceability control of the system and its integrated parts and units.

Protective ammunition is housed in silo sections arranged around the turret. The rack-mounted radar is fixed on the turret roof. All other equipment is housed inside the turret. Connecting cables from the turret run inside the radar rack without affecting the sealing of the fighting compartment.
The system is switched on from the commander's control panel and then operates automatically. On completion of power-on self-test, the system switches to combat mode. All information on the modes of operation and serviceability of the system and its integrated units is displayed on the control panel

Citation:
In combat mode, the radar continuously searches for incoming projectiles. Once the threat is detected the radar switches to the target tracking mode, in which the data on the moving target is obtained and entered into the computer, which uses it to select the most appropriate silo and determine the time for its activation. At the determined moment, the computer generates command signals to the selected protective ammunition. The later is launched upwards and detonates, creating a directed stream of destructive elements which destroys any target within this field, eliminating the shaped-charge effect of the threat or reducing it to levels that are not dangerous to the tank.
In emergency the commander (operator) can manually operate and detonate protective ammunition from the control panel.

ARENA Active Protection System

Back
Top Bottom