What's new

Akbar Bugti the Traitor or Patriot.

Men in Green

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
a7ee0cbab84740bc20d18e8f66f4c209.jpg

Allegation: Musharraf ordered the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti.

Rebuttal: Is this supposed to be an ‘objection’?

First, if the former President ordered the killing of Akbar Bugti, then, in our estimation (for reasons explained below), he did the right thing and we should be thankful to him for getting rid of an arch enemy of Pakistan. At most, we can only fault Mr Musharraf with allegedly ordering the killing so late. The alleged order should have been issued by Mr Musharraf immediately upon attaining power in 1999.

Second,
Mr Musharraf did not, unfortunately, ‘order’ Akbar Bugti’s killing. Bugti was attacking the Pakistan Army, the Frontier Corps, firing hundreds of rockets upon gas pipelines, kidnapping Chinese engineers, and was openly opposing the State of Pakistan. He wanted Balochistan to breakaway from Pakistan and become an independent State. We should never tolerate anyone who threatens the territorial integrity of our Country and the Pakistan Army and the Frontier Corps have the full right to protect Pakistan and to defend themselves.. Bugti was killed while he was in the process of attacking the Frontier Corps and waging war on the Armed Forces of Pakistan.

Third, if the intention of the Armed Forces was to kill Akbar Bugti, then senior officers (Colonel, Major and a Captain) would never have ventured inside the cave in which Akbar Bugti was present with his thugs. Almost certainly, the officers stepped inside the cave to negotiate with Akbar Bugti, not to kill him.

Fourth, we can be virtual certain about one thing: the cave collapsed as a result of an explosion caused by a grenade or a rocket launcher from Bugti's side. We have two scenarios:

A) as the senior Pakistani officers went inside the cave, a rocket/bomb misfired from Bugti's side or was deliberately fired from within the cave causing it to collapse, thereby killing Akbar Bugti, his thugs and resulting in the martyrdom of the Pakistani officers;

B) Akbar Bugti decided to commit suicide, rather than surrender, and take everyone out with him.

Note: Please scroll down to read a short report published by the Daily Times in 2009

Bugti's Character

Akbar Bugti boasted about committing his first murder whilst still in his early teens (emphasis added):

"“Of course,” said the Nawab, “you must remember that I killed my first man when I was twelve. “ That is how Sylvia Matheson’s definitive book on the Baluchis, ‘Tigers of Baluchistan’ begins. “The man annoyed me” had been his explanation. “I’ve forgotten what it was about…. I’ve rather a hasty temper you know… as the eldest son of the Chieftain, I was perfectly entitled to do as I pleased in my own territory."

In another interview, this time to The Economist, we find Bugti presenting the following gem (emphasis added):

“What is better than seeing your enemies driven before you and then taking their women to bed?”

[Baluchistan, Turning a fight into a war: Pakistan's aggressive policy towards its aggrieved west is causing chaos, in The Economist, Jun 29th 2006, http://www.economist.com/node/7121811]

Below we find Bugti admitting that his fighters killed 35 SSG commados:

We Killed More Than 35 SSG Commandos - Confession of Akbar Bugti | Tune.pk

This shameful character is labelled a “shaheed” by many ignorant folks in Pakistan.

As if the above is not enough, Akbar Bugti was also responsible for the ethnic cleansing and large-scale killings of the members of the largest Bugti sub-tribe, the Kalpar tribe. Thousands of members of the Kalpar tribe were forced out of their homes and lived in exile in Sindh and Punjab for years. Akbar Bugti also murdered the children of Khan Muhammad Kalpar, the leader of the Kalpar tribe. It was Mr Musharraf who came to the rescue of the Kalpars and made it possible for them to return to their homeland after living in refugee camps for 15 years.

Addendum

Also see this report of the Daily Times - 03 May 2009 (emphasis original):

‘Akbar Bugti caused the explosion that led to his death’

LAHORE: A close aide of late Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti has claimed that a rocket fired by Bugti caused the explosion that led to the nationalist leader’s death. “When security forces entered the cave where he (Bugti) was hiding, he attempted to fend them off by firing a shell. This caused a massive explosion, which resulted in the cave-in that led to the death of Bugti, one colonel, two majors and three commandoes,” Wadera Muhammad Murad Bugti told a private TV channel. He said the late Bugti had decided that he would rather die fighting than surrender to the security forces. “When forces besieged his cave on August 26, 2006, he asked his comrades to leave the cave and let him fight them alone,” he added. daily times monitor

Quetta Express named after Akbar Bugti

PMLN went a step further, and named Quetta Express after him. Some researcher should ascertain the billions Bugti caused this poor country in blowing up gas pipelines, electric pylons, bridges and so on for 11 years. And for what? For being politically sidelined!!

@Horus @Leader @Irfan Baloch @Khalidr @Norwegian @A.Rafay @Akheilos @Rashid Mahmood @Zarvan @Jzaib @Cheetah786 @TankMan @EyanKhan
@Jazzbot

Last edited:
Using own military against people who have been part of the federation is wrong, people like taliban never believed in it, but Baloch did, hence it was wrong for musharraf to use pakistan army to get rid of his political opponents, before musharraf same was done by Z.A. Bhutto.

so using state tools to eliminate political opponents is wrong, must negotiate and give due rights..

Using own military against people who have been part of the federation is wrong, people like taliban never believed in it, but Baloch did, hence it was wrong for musharraf to use pakistan army to get rid of his political opponents, before musharraf same was done by Z.A. Bhutto.

so using state tools to eliminate political opponents is wrong, must negotiate and give due rights..

He was traitor not political opponent.

Musharraf did right thing he had no other options he was traitor tried to break Pakistan supported by iraq and india. he was attacking the Pakistan Army, fired hundreds of rockets upon gas pipelines,electric pylons, bridges, and kidnapped Chinese engineers, and openly opposed the State of Pakistan. He wanted Balochistan to breakaway from Pakistan and become an independent State.

He was traitor not political opponent.

Musharraf did right thing he had no other options he was traitor tried to break Pakistan supported by iraq and india. he was attacking the Pakistan Army, fired hundreds of rockets upon gas pipelines,electric pylons, bridges, and kidnapped Chinese engineers, and openly opposed the State of Pakistan. He wanted Balochistan to breakaway from Pakistan and become an independent State.

without a trial? this not justice then. we were stealing their natural resources and not giving them their due share, what did we expect?

Whatever the case, a mighty wrong precedent was set. Army can not be the judge, jury and executioner, not even under exigent circumstances. We are all witness to mentality prevalent in the ranks and files of Pakistan Armed Forces, does 'bloody civilians' ring a bell?

akbar bugti was a patriot when it was in 'his' interest and a traitor when it was not.

Despite being what he was... He wasn't anti state .. Yes he loved his interests more than the people's... But the issue could have easily been resolved through dialogue .. His death only made the situation worse ... The insurgency that had died was "reborn" .. But I'm hopeful for the future.

Whatever the case, a mighty wrong precedent was set. Army can not be the judge, jury and executioner, not even under exigent circumstances. We are all witness to mentality prevalent in the ranks and files of Pakistan Armed Forces, does 'bloody civilians' ring a bell?

we r talking about bugti being a patriot or a traitor, not why army killed him....whether that was right or wrong is a different topic....

Whether he was a patriot or not, is difficult to say for he was a stern Baloch nationalist (wont even speak in Urdu but in English instead whenever possible) but he was not a traitor at least, in my humble opinion. As a bureaucrat in Balochistan between 1972-1999, my father has interacted with him a lot. I also got to see him several times, real up close when he came to our College. I don't know but I guess he did not have to die how he did.

View attachment 156479

Allegation: Musharraf ordered the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti.

Rebuttal: Is this supposed to be an ‘objection’?

First, if the former President ordered the killing of Akbar Bugti, then, in our estimation (for reasons explained below), he did the right thing and we should be thankful to him for getting rid of an arch enemy of Pakistan. At most, we can only fault Mr Musharraf with allegedly ordering the killing so late. The alleged order should have been issued by Mr Musharraf immediately upon attaining power in 1999.

Second,
Mr Musharraf did not, unfortunately, ‘order’ Akbar Bugti’s killing. Bugti was attacking the Pakistan Army, the Frontier Corps, firing hundreds of rockets upon gas pipelines, kidnapping Chinese engineers, and was openly opposing the State of Pakistan. He wanted Balochistan to breakaway from Pakistan and become an independent State. We should never tolerate anyone who threatens the territorial integrity of our Country and the Pakistan Army and the Frontier Corps have the full right to protect Pakistan and to defend themselves.. Bugti was killed while he was in the process of attacking the Frontier Corps and waging war on the Armed Forces of Pakistan.

Third, if the intention of the Armed Forces was to kill Akbar Bugti, then senior officers (Colonel, Major and a Captain) would never have ventured inside the cave in which Akbar Bugti was present with his thugs. Almost certainly, the officers stepped inside the cave to negotiate with Akbar Bugti, not to kill him.

Fourth, we can be virtual certain about one thing: the cave collapsed as a result of an explosion caused by a grenade or a rocket launcher from Bugti's side. We have two scenarios:

A) as the senior Pakistani officers went inside the cave, a rocket/bomb misfired from Bugti's side or was deliberately fired from within the cave causing it to collapse, thereby killing Akbar Bugti, his thugs and resulting in the martyrdom of the Pakistani officers;

B) Akbar Bugti decided to commit suicide, rather than surrender, and take everyone out with him.

Note: Please scroll down to read a short report published by the Daily Times in 2009

Bugti's Character

Akbar Bugti boasted about committing his first murder whilst still in his early teens (emphasis added):

"“Of course,” said the Nawab, “you must remember that I killed my first man when I was twelve. “ That is how Sylvia Matheson’s definitive book on the Baluchis, ‘Tigers of Baluchistan’ begins. “The man annoyed me” had been his explanation. “I’ve forgotten what it was about…. I’ve rather a hasty temper you know… as the eldest son of the Chieftain, I was perfectly entitled to do as I pleased in my own territory."

In another interview, this time to The Economist, we find Bugti presenting the following gem (emphasis added):

“What is better than seeing your enemies driven before you and then taking their women to bed?”

[Baluchistan, Turning a fight into a war: Pakistan's aggressive policy towards its aggrieved west is causing chaos, in The Economist, Jun 29th 2006, http://www.economist.com/node/7121811]

Below we find Bugti admitting that his fighters killed 35 SSG commados:

This shameful character is labelled a “shaheed” by many ignorant folks in Pakistan.

As if the above is not enough, Akbar Bugti was also responsible for the ethnic cleansing and large-scale killings of the members of the largest Bugti sub-tribe, the Kalpar tribe. Thousands of members of the Kalpar tribe were forced out of their homes and lived in exile in Sindh and Punjab for years. Akbar Bugti also murdered the children of Khan Muhammad Kalpar, the leader of the Kalpar tribe. It was Mr Musharraf who came to the rescue of the Kalpars and made it possible for them to return to their homeland after living in refugee camps for 15 years.

Addendum

Also see this report of the Daily Times - 03 May 2009 (emphasis original):

‘Akbar Bugti caused the explosion that led to his death’

LAHORE: A close aide of late Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti has claimed that a rocket fired by Bugti caused the explosion that led to the nationalist leader’s death. “When security forces entered the cave where he (Bugti) was hiding, he attempted to fend them off by firing a shell. This caused a massive explosion, which resulted in the cave-in that led to the death of Bugti, one colonel, two majors and three commandoes,” Wadera Muhammad Murad Bugti told a private TV channel. He said the late Bugti had decided that he would rather die fighting than surrender to the security forces. “When forces besieged his cave on August 26, 2006, he asked his comrades to leave the cave and let him fight them alone,” he added. daily times monitor

Quetta Express named after Akbar Bugti

PMLN went a step further, and named Quetta Express after him. Some researcher should ascertain the billions Bugti caused this poor country in blowing up gas pipelines, electric pylons, bridges and so on for 11 years. And for what? For being politically sidelined!!

@Horus @Leader @Irfan Baloch @Khalidr @Norwegian @A.Rafay @Akheilos @Rashid Mahmood @Zarvan @Jzaib @Cheetah786 @TankMan @EyanKhan
@Jazzbot
Bugti was an idiot and a dumbo but that idiot was considered leaders by many so doing operation was a bad move also sending troops to Tribal areas.

Whether he was a patriot or not, is difficult to say for he was a stern Baloch nationalist (wont even speak in Urdu but in English instead whenever possible) but he was not a traitor at least, in my humble opinion. As a bureaucrat in Balochistan between 1972-1999, my father has interacted with him a lot. I also got to see him several times, real up close when he came to our College. I don't know but I guess he did not have to die how he did.
Your Sardar was a traitor

I know that but what say to those nameless people that are mowed down by the drive by shootings and abductions by BLA? what say about millions worth of infrastructure blown up, burning of flags, harassment of non Baloch people and target killing of baloch who are not "rebel" enough?
how would you make them understand that its wrong to respond to these sardars who order the killing of their relatives just like ordering their servants to prepare for a feast?

Your Sardar was a traitor
he was not a traitor
he was a looser
he was weaker and he was disposed off.
as our troops approached him to arrest him, his cave was blown up killing him and our officers as well.

his time was up. Bramdagh knows better . he enjoys the company and support of foreign entities.

Despite being what he was... He wasn't anti state .. Yes he loved his interests more than the people's... But the issue could have easily been resolved through dialogue .. His death only made the situation worse ... The insurgency that had died was "reborn" .. But I'm hopeful for the future.
we lost some good men while trying to arrest him
his cave was rigged with explosives.

I know Bughti believed in self preservation and would never have committed suicide by ordering to blow up the cave.

Back
Top Bottom