Akbar Bugti Killed | Bughtis announce end of Sardari system

Discussion in 'Pakistan's Strategic & Foreign Affairs' started by Spring Onion, Aug 24, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Lahori paa jee

Lahori paa jee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 15 / -0
    Nawab Akbar Bugti has been killed. All the governments claims are complete Bull&hit.

Nawab's watch and specs dont have a scratch on em.

All these stories from Durrani, Shaukat Aziz and other bunch of thugs are fabricated
  2. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    Friday, September 01, 2006 [​IMG]

By Malik Siraj Akbar

QUETTA: Life began returning to normal in most parts of Balochistan on Thursday after a four-day spell of protests against the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti.

Traffic resumed on most roads in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan, and shops reopened.

People travelled to Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Taftan as roads linking Balochistan to other provinces were opened. However the situation remained tense in Baloch-dominated parts of Quetta such as areas surrounding Sariab Road, Brewery Road and Double Road remained tense. Groups of young protestors forced shopkeepers to close their shops and blocked roads. There were no local buses on these roads.
  3. Tiki Tam Tam

Tiki Tam Tam <b>MILITARY PROFESSIONALS</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,571 / -0
    Surely this is not normal.

At best it could be written that the situation is limping back to normal.
  4. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    Balochistan's total population is little over 7 million, merely a quarter of a million support Bughti.
    Life IS getting back to normal in major parts of the province. ;)
  5. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    QUETTA, Aug 31: The situation in Quetta and most of the towns of Balochistan remained calm on Thursday amid tight security but some incidents of violence were reported in Khuzdar, Panjgur and Tump areas.

Markets and business establishments opened in the provincial capital after five days of strikes.

The road link between Quetta and the rest of the country was restored. Local busses and other traffic plied on the roads.

Passenger coaches, buses and minibuses left for Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad Peshawar and other cities in the morning.

Business activities also resumed in Sariab, Sabzal Road, Brewery Road, Hudda and Spiny Road areas.

Heavy rush was witnessed in the markets where people bought vegetables, meet, chicken and other necessary items in large quantities because of the strike called by the Alliance for the Restoration of Democracy for Friday and supported by all opposition parties.

However, complete strike was observed in Khuzdar till noon, most of the shops in the town opened later.

A group of people attacked a diesel engine workshop in the evening and set it on fire. The workshop was gutted. Police arrested eight people for the attack.

Political parties claim that police have arrested over 100 political workers and students during the past four days in Khuzdar.

Protest also continued in Tump town in Makran against the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti.

Protesters torched the official residence of a judicial magistrate and a vehicle of the Water and Power Development Authority.

In Panjgur, a mob attacked and torched the offices of the agriculture and Zakat departments. A tractor was also set on fire.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/09/01/top4.htm
  6. Lahori paa jee

Ratings:
    +0 / 15 / -0
    AS if the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti was not enough of a cause for shock and grief, the retrieval of the body itself has turned into a major issue. By taking a media team to the cave in the Kohlu area where the Bugti chief was killed, the government has attempted to make things transparent. Part of the body is said to be visible, but it is apparently deep inside the collapsed cave, whose roof may give in because the explosion that reportedly killed the nawab and others weakened the L-shaped cave&#8217;s structure. There are explosives, too, which could go off, killing more people. Because of the mountainous nature of the terrain, earth-moving machinery cannot reach the spot, so the retrieval process is being done manually, and the job, according to the government, could take as much as a week. Unfortunately, the distrust between the government and the angry Bugti family is making matters worse. The authorities want his sons to go to Kohlu to see things for themselves, but the sons have refused, saying they are being threatened. Given the way the intelligence agencies operate, one should not be surprised if the Bugti sons feel threatened. This kind of attitude will only boomerang on the government.

Already, a wave of anger is sweeping Balochistan and other parts of the country over the killing, and any further delay in the recovery of the body and burial will only inflame popular passions. The late nawab&#8217;s family must also be incensed over the government&#8217;s insistence that only two family members should attend the last rites &#8212; a condition the government says the rival Bugti sub-tribe has imposed. Since it is obviously finding it difficult to speak to the late sardar&#8217;s family, the government could perhaps secure the services of some truly neutral persons who could help remove misunderstandings between the two sides. The body must be recovered at the earliest, without counting too much on the patience of the bereaved family. (According to latest information, the body of Nawab Akbar Bugti has been recovered.)

http://dawn.com/2006/09/01/ed.htm#3
  7. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    Friday, 01 September , 2006, 09:59

Islamabad: Without naming any nation, Pakistan has said a "neighbouring country" had supplied a large quantity of ammunition and money to the slain Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti for his campaign against the government.

Parliamentary Affairs Minister Sher Afgan Khan Niazi told the National Assembly that a "huge quantity of ammunition and currency" had been found from the cave in which Bugti was killed on August 26, 2006 during a Pakistan Army operation.

The munitions and money were "provided by our neighbouring country to Akbar Bugti via Kabul" and Bugti used the ammunition against security forces and national assets through his 'frari' (fugitive) camps, Niazi said.

Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan too spoke about the involvement of an "external hand" in the campaign by Baloch nationalists.
    "Bugti was not fighting for public interest but he was involved in harming the country and innocent people," said Niazi, a defector from former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan Peoples Party who became a loyalist of President Pervez Musharraf. Niazi accused the Baloch leader of involvement in "subversive activities including destroying national assets, gas pipelines and railway lines besides the killing of innocent people and security forces personnel".

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14281659
  8. Tiki Tam Tam

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,571 / -0
    There are problems with Ayaz Amir's links as one would find in the thread "India is putting the squeeze on General Musharraf".

Therefore, for those who wish to check, please do so now.

Is Ayaz Amir a Balochi?

The people had met in his house the other day after the Bugti was killed and now he has written this article.

The sentiments are very strong I must say and he seems to be real angry.
  9. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    To me and millions of other Pakistan's he'll remain a traitor and a seperatist who relied on foreign support to undermine national security and stablity! :rolleyes:
  10. Lahori paa jee

Ratings:
    +0 / 15 / -0
    The only traitor who is taking Pakistan towards disintegration seems to be Mushy
  11. araz

araz PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,262 / -0
    Neo.
    AsSalam o Alaikum.
    At the expense of being labelled a flamer and a heretic, allow me to say that we as a nation are people worshippers. Bhutto, Mr Jinnah, Liaquat Ali Khan, Wali Khan, And Nawab Bugti to name a few are our idols and anything against them would incur the wrathof the masses. Especially when they die, they become even bigger Gods and people kill in their name. Na Auzo Billah. People , my brothers are people. I liked Bugti as a man, but I think that Sardars and Waderas of all ilk are the scurge of Pakistan, they are the Brahmins who can not tolerate the shadow of any commoner to fall on their bodies. The sooner we get rid of them, the better. However, it should be admitted freely that we have availed of the property of the baluch people without any of its fruits reaching them for many decades.. To the best of my knowledge Quetta was without Gas till 80s. Why? these are the unfortunate people who have had the worst of the bargain. The royalty for the gas should be spent on the uplift of the province. Once people see what happens when their Sardars go, they will fall head over heel to get rid of their Sardars and Waderas. People are afraid of who will fill the vacuum once the Sardars go. The Government must make a massive effort to restore the confidence of the people. Whether this Government is able to do it or not -------- Somehow I have my doubts.
    Araz
  12. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    He managed to lead the country well thru most turbulent times we ever faced and put it back on track!
    Although I don't support military rule I have to give credit to this great man for his achievements, one day we'll realise that he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had!
  13. Tiki Tam Tam

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,571 / -0
    Neo,

Here is something on foreign involvement which may surprise you.

Now which country could that be?

I am also giving a Paste of the BBC thingummy lest it vanishes.

Last Updated: Saturday, 26 August 2006, 20:23 GMT 21:23 UK
    E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Pakistan's battle over Balochistan
    Zaffar Abbas

By Zaffar Abbas
    BBC News, Islamabad
  14. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    W'alaikum assalam Araz, great post!
    I agree that goverment has made mistakes by ignoring the Balochis for decades and denying them fruits of their own soil.
    But the phenomenon is not unique, its seen all over the world including the west.
    Eurpe, The States, Australia and even Japan first developped the hardcore economic zones before the comon man could be lifted out of poverty, its all basic economy.

Mush's government is made unprecedented efforts to develop Balochistan, guess who's been trying to halt the progress and sabbotage major projects.

Within ten years, Balochistan will become the fastest developping province of Pakistan, maybe the best of its kind in the region.

I have faith in my government. :flag:
  15. Neo

Neo RETIRED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,886 / -0
    I wouldn't be surprised if Iran had a hand in this! I never trusted them! :rolleyes: