What's new

AK Rifle variants used by Pakistan

Nops Sir, the one being held by the SSG guys i believe is the Norinco Type 56-2 assault rifle with side-folding stock, the bayonet is discarded along with its integral mounting as seen in Type-56 and Type-56-1.

The wooden grip can't be been due to the external accessories being mounted.

The regular troops use the simple Type-56 with bayonet version and the folding stock one too, while SSG guys use both the version and the Type-56-2, plus the Russian with bottom-folding stock. Also, we have seen some Russian AK-100+ series assault rifles with them too.

2d974c0f37af9b4df701cfb02478ccbb.jpg

SSG primarily uses two Chinese assault rifles. One more so than the other and these two are Type-56 and Type-81. Various variants of Type 56 are in use depending on the batches available and as you pointed out, some are Type-56-2s.

That's a Pak Marine on the right. I didn't think it was their job to provide security. Where was this picture taken? Karachi?

The Marines ARE responsible for fleet and NHQ security.

That's a Pak Marine on the right. I didn't think it was their job to provide security. Where was this picture taken? Karachi?

One seems to be a marine and the one with Colt M4 Commando rifle seems to be a SSGN personnel. I believe this pic is from the recent blast at the gate of NHQ ISB.

Back
Top Bottom