What's new

Ahmadi Muslims Rally Against Extremism, ISIS.

Pakistani E

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ahmadiyya Muslims rally against extremism

Ben Miljure, CTV Winnipeg
Published Sunday, November 2, 2014 5:09PM CST
Last Updated Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:05PM CST

Members of a Winnipeg Muslim community rallied at the Manitoba Legislative Building Sunday to condemn the violent attacks against two Canadian soldiers in Ottawa and Quebec.
The group, mostly members of the Ahmadiyya Mosque, waved Canadian flags and wore poppies.
"This is our backlash to what happened two weeks ago, because it doesn't represent the true teachings of Islam, which seem to have been lost by some people,” said Muslim Canadian Bashir Khan.

Photos

Members of a Winnipeg Muslim community rallied at the Manitoba Legislative Building Sunday to condemn the violent attacks against two Canadian soldiers in Ottawa and Quebec. (Photo by Ben Miljure/CTV)
Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Cpl. Nathan Cirillo were killed by Canadian-born men who had recently converted to Islam.
Investigators say both Ottawa shooter Michael Zihaf-Bibeau and Quebec attacker Martin Couture-Rouleau had been radicalized by Islamic State ideology.
"This is not true Islam,” said Mahpara Talat at the rally. “We don't support this. It is really barbaric and I was really saddened by what happened."
In the wake of the two attacks, vandals damaged a mosque in Cold Lake, Alberta, smashing windows and spray-painting ‘Go home’ on the walls.
Zulfiqar Ali, an imam at the Ahmadiyya Mosque in Winnipeg, says violent attacks in the name of Islam can trigger backlash against Canadian Muslims.
"It is there. Sometimes it's there. But I have not experienced that here in Winnipeg, not to that extent,” said Ali.
Calling loyalty to one’s country a fundamental pillar of Islam, people at Sunday’s rally proudly said they stand in solidarity with members of the Canadian military.
"The freedom that I enjoy in this country is because a soldier laid down his life, or her life, in Canada.” said Khan. “Be it the last two weeks or fifty years ago or a hundred years ago."
The mosque will be collecting donations this week to donate to programs to Canadian veterans.

Read more: http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/ahmadiyya-muslims-rally-against-extremism-1.2083545#ixzz3KCiX4jQP

one correction to your post without any justifiying for damages and attacks just a correction plz: ahmadiyya are not muslims they were not accepted by the mainstream muslims and sholars.. they are a new religion with new prohet.. so let us call them just ahmediyya..

If I say I am a muslim, then I am a muslim. Who are you to say otherwise? have you cut open my heart to see whether I'm sincere?

"Withhold [your tongues] from those who say `There is no god but Allah' --- do not call them kafir. Whoever calls a reciter of `There is no god but Allah' as a kafir, is nearer to being a kafir himself.'' (Tabarani, reported from Ibn Umar)

"Call not the people of your Qibla [i.e. those who face the Ka`ba in Makka for prayer] as kafir.'' (Al-Nihaya of Ibn Athir, vol. iv, p. 187)

Narrated Usama bin Zaid: Allah's Apostle sent us towards Al-Huruqa, and in the morning we attacked them and defeated them. I and an Ansari man followed a man from among them and when we took him over, he said, "La ilaha illal-Lah." On hearing that, the Ansari man stopped, but I killed him by stabbing him with my spear. When we returned, the Prophet came to know about that and he said, "O Usama! Did you kill him after he had said "La ilaha ilal-Lah?" I said, "But he said so only to save himself." The Prophet kept on repeating that so often that I wished I had not embraced Islam before that day.
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 568: (Sahih Bukhari)

So what will you do with my Shahadah?

Lets put it this way, the concept of Messiah is also in the Jews and Christians. Yet if a Jew or a Christian starts believing in Mohammed (PBUH), or in Mirza Saheb for instance, and insists on calling himself as Jew or Christian, how would he be taken by the Jews or Christians? He can keep calling himself as a Jew or Christian but he will no longer be accepted as one. Same is here. Muslims do not accept Qadyanis as Muslims because Qadyanis believe in Mirza Saheb as the Mehdi Moo'd and as the Messiah, the Jesus Christ, which a majority of Muslims believe he was not.

A number of people have claimed themselves to be the Mehdi and every time they and their followers were rejected as Muslims by the remaining Muslim community.

Mahdi claimants:

Ṣāliḥ ibn Tarīf
Abdallah ibn Mu'awiya
Muḥammad ibn al-Ḥasan al-Mahdī
Abdullah al-Mahdi Billah
Ibn Tumart
Syed Muḥammad Jaunpuri
Ahmed ibn Abi Mahalli
Mahamati Prannath
Prince Diponegoro
Alí Muḥammad Shírází
Muḥammad Aḥmad
Muḥammad bin abd Allah al-Qahtani
Riaz Aḥmed Gohar Shahi
Ariffin Moḥamed
Dia Abdul Zahra Kadim

So I praise Qadyanis protest against ISIS, but they should not insist on calling themselves as Muslims because they are not. Yes, they are very very close to Muslims in terms of theological beliefs but they are not Muslims.

I am more than happy with anybody with his/her choice of religion. If one finds solace in being Qadyani so be it for choice of religion is one's very own and personal business. However no one calls him/herself to be a Christian Muslim, Christian Scientologist, Christian Mormon, or Hindu Muslim, Hindu Christian, or Muslim Atheist etc, hence Qadyanis should call themselves as Qadyanis, and be proud of it.

Last edited:

Members of a Winnipeg Muslim community rallied at the Manitoba Legislative Building Sunday to condemn the violent attacks against two Canadian soldiers in Ottawa and Quebec.
The group, mostly members of the Ahmadiyya Mosque, waved Canadian flags and wore poppies.
"This is our backlash to what happened two weeks ago, because it doesn't represent the true teachings of Islam, which seem to have been lost by some people,” said Muslim Canadian Bashir Khan.

Photos

Members of a Winnipeg Muslim community rallied at the Manitoba Legislative Building Sunday to condemn the violent attacks against two Canadian soldiers in Ottawa and Quebec. (Photo by Ben Miljure/CTV)
Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Cpl. Nathan Cirillo were killed by Canadian-born men who had recently converted to Islam.
Investigators say both Ottawa shooter Michael Zihaf-Bibeau and Quebec attacker Martin Couture-Rouleau had been radicalized by Islamic State ideology.
"This is not true Islam,” said Mahpara Talat at the rally. “We don't support this. It is really barbaric and I was really saddened by what happened."
In the wake of the two attacks, vandals damaged a mosque in Cold Lake, Alberta, smashing windows and spray-painting ‘Go home’ on the walls.
Zulfiqar Ali, an imam at the Ahmadiyya Mosque in Winnipeg, says violent attacks in the name of Islam can trigger backlash against Canadian Muslims.
"It is there. Sometimes it's there. But I have not experienced that here in Winnipeg, not to that extent,” said Ali.
Calling loyalty to one’s country a fundamental pillar of Islam, people at Sunday’s rally proudly said they stand in solidarity with members of the Canadian military.
"The freedom that I enjoy in this country is because a soldier laid down his life, or her life, in Canada.” said Khan. “Be it the last two weeks or fifty years ago or a hundred years ago."
The mosque will be collecting donations this week to donate to programs to Canadian veterans.

Read more: http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/ahmadiyya-muslims-rally-against-extremism-1.2083545#ixzz3KCiX4jQP
First and foremost they are not Muslims and Muslims give a dam about what you have to say

Lets put it this way, the concept of Messiah is also in the Jews and Christians. Yet if a Jew or a Christian starts believing in Mohammed (PBUH), or in Mirza Saheb for instance, and insists on calling himself as Jew or Christian, how would he be taken by the Jews or Christians? He can keep calling himself as a Jew or Christian but he will no longer be accepted as one. Same is here. Muslims do not accept Qadyanis as Muslims because Qadyanis believe in Mirza Saheb as the Mehdi Moo'd and as the Messiah, the Jesus Christ, which a majority of Muslims believe he was not.

A number of people have claimed themselves to be the Mehdi and every time they and their followers were rejected as Muslims by the remaining Muslim community.

Mahdi claimants:

Ṣāliḥ ibn Tarīf
Abdallah ibn Mu'awiya
Muḥammad ibn al-Ḥasan al-Mahdī
Abdullah al-Mahdi Billah
Ibn Tumart
Syed Muḥammad Jaunpuri
Ahmed ibn Abi Mahalli
Mahamati Prannath
Prince Diponegoro
Alí Muḥammad Shírází
Muḥammad Aḥmad
Muḥammad bin abd Allah al-Qahtani
Riaz Aḥmed Gohar Shahi
Ariffin Moḥamed
Dia Abdul Zahra Kadim

So I praise Qadyanis protest against ISIS, but they should not insist on calling themselves as Muslims because they are not. Yes, they are very very close to Muslims in terms of theological beliefs but they are not Muslims.

I am more than happy with anybody with his/her choice of religion. If one finds solace in being Qadyani so be it for choice of religion is one's very own and personal business. However no one calls him/herself to be a Christian Muslim, Christian Scientologist, Christian Mormon, or Hindu Muslim, Hindu Christian, or Muslim Atheist etc, hence Qadyanis should call themselves as Qadyanis, and be proud of it.

They are basically the Mormons of Islam, Mormons claim they are Christian as well but believe in things that are in contradiction to Christian theology. Like Muslim scholars say Ahmadis are not Muslim, Christian scholars are in agreement that Mormons are not Christian.

If I say I am a muslim, then I am a muslim. Who are you to say otherwise? have you cut open my heart to see whether I'm sincere?

"Withhold [your tongues] from those who say `There is no god but Allah' --- do not call them kafir. Whoever calls a reciter of `There is no god but Allah' as a kafir, is nearer to being a kafir himself.'' (Tabarani, reported from Ibn Umar)

"Call not the people of your Qibla [i.e. those who face the Ka`ba in Makka for prayer] as kafir.'' (Al-Nihaya of Ibn Athir, vol. iv, p. 187)

Narrated Usama bin Zaid: Allah's Apostle sent us towards Al-Huruqa, and in the morning we attacked them and defeated them. I and an Ansari man followed a man from among them and when we took him over, he said, "La ilaha illal-Lah." On hearing that, the Ansari man stopped, but I killed him by stabbing him with my spear. When we returned, the Prophet came to know about that and he said, "O Usama! Did you kill him after he had said "La ilaha ilal-Lah?" I said, "But he said so only to save himself." The Prophet kept on repeating that so often that I wished I had not embraced Islam before that day.
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 568: (Sahih Bukhari)

So what will you do with my Shahadah?
You have to agree with every single verse of Quran to be a Muslim!

If you agree with this one too then you're a Muslim.

33_40.png

So do you?

one correction to your post without any justifiying for damages and attacks just a correction plz: ahmadiyya are not muslims they were not accepted by the mainstream muslims and sholars.. they are a new religion with new prohet.. so let us call them just ahmediyya..
by the same logic, the ahmediyyas can call sunnis non-muslim, extending it, the shias can call the sunnis non -muslims. sunni "sect leaders" do not have a right on any other "sect" what they call themselves.

The only entity that has the "patent" and hence can give rights to use his name is god himslef/herself? the dispute can only be settled there..

I really like the bold part here.. and i admire the simple way you have put your argument. as much as I like it, who are we to decide what they should call themselves? its their religion, their wish. a protestant is still a christian, so is a catholic.

The fact is Ahmedis are not Muslims Sir and that is a fact accepted by all Muslims
thats a fact not accepted by ahmedis and you do not have a right to change someone else, you are welcome to change your own people. an as a fact, unless they kills/maim/terrorize you, it is human rights to let people do what they want -

Globally Muslims do not seem to have any objection to Ahmadis existing as followers of a religion which is not Islam. But Ahmadis force themselves into Muslim mainstream. That of course is the reason why British Intel had manufactured them - to poison the Muslim community.

Photos

Nice gesture. Prominent, loud yet peaceful. But the direction of the discussion will go in an entirely different direction, I am afraid. Also, except for the Ahmedia Muslims*, I don't see any one else.... :(

Still, I applaud this gesture.

*India does not make any distinction between Ahmedia Muslims and other Muslims - anyone calling him/herself a Muslim is one. So we Indians call Ahmedis Muslims. :) No offence intended.

Back
Top Bottom