What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 choppers for 1 Billion

15 choppers $ 645 million

ah-1z-notification-1-jpg.280744
ah-1z-notification-2-jpg.280743
ah-1z-notification-3-jpg.280742

US agrees to sell AH-1Z attack helicopters to Pakistan | Page 2

Thanks for these contents

I think Hellfire are also included in 645 M USD deal ...

can't say with 100% surety, but I think Hellfire are part of 'other' section .... & the basis of my assumption is the previously shared average cost of baseline AH-1Z in one of the related thread for USMC which was around $ 30.060 million in the year 2010.

My concern with the contract is

a) The spares are not there i.e spare engines

Also Chinese Helicopters would have come in larger numbers with relatively same missiles for ground support may be 1 Billion would have bought us 50-60 Chinese Helicopters with 20 spare engines or more

@ 16 Million for Z-10 , with 650 Million we could have bought 46 , Attack gunships of comparable quality from China

Comparable weapons
Armament
  • Guns: 23*115 mm revolver gun, 25*137 mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun or 30*165 mm 2A72 autocannon mounted on chin turret (optional 35 mm QLZ04 or 40 mm LG3 automatic grenade launchers, or 12.7 or 14.5 mm Gatling gun)
  • Hardpoints: 4
  • Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm multi-barrel unguided rocket pods
  • Missiles: ** Up to 16 HJ-10 air to surface / anti tank / anti helicopter missiles. ADK10 is reported to be the official name of HJ10 missile.[15]

Last edited:

Also Chinese Helicopters would have come in larger numbers with relatively same missiles for ground support may be 1 Billion would have bought us 50-60 Chinese Helicopters with 20 spare engines or more
There are few spare engines

This 1 billion is mostly from USA Aid

We should have opted for Russian or Chinese choppers more bang for the buck :hitwall::hitwall:

Quality matters

Exactly.
We need the choppers for an anti terrorist role and I think that the quality barely matters side the enemy is technologically far inferior to our forces what we need are multiple moderately advanced platforms capable of giving close air support across the battlefield as much as possible and higher numbers would help.

So it's only 645 million for 15 choppers.

We need the choppers for an anti terrorist role and I think that the quality barely matters side the enemy is technologically far inferior to our forces what we need are multiple moderately advanced platforms capable of giving close air support across the battlefield as much as possible and higher numbers would help.

I thought you were procuring MI-35 for anti terror operations and AH-1Z Viper as a counter to India's Apache procurement. Why would you need so many (1000) Hellfire II missiles for anti-terror operations?

I thought you were procuring MI-35 for anti terror operations and AH-1Z Viper as a counter to India's Apache procurement. Why would you need so many (1000) Hellfire II missiles for anti-terror operations?
Any defence procurement is not theatre specific although this might have been to counter the Indian procurement but the more pressing matter to our national security is the militant threat instead of the Indians.
To answer your question about needing 1000 hell fires, that's to blow all the talibitches to hell :-)

Counter apaches? You do know that gunships don't really engage other gunships right?

Pakistan has to replace our aging Cobras (over 55+)...
Mi-35Es are for CT ops... Vipers will replace older Cobras.. Either more will be ordered or maybe the rest will be replaced by Z-10s..

Any defence procurement is not theatre specific although this might have been to counter the Indian procurement but the more pressing matter to our national security is the militant threat instead of the Indians.
To answer your question about needing 1000 hell fires, that's to blow all the talibitches to hell :-)

I doubt we will use expensive hell fires on those bastards.. Locally produced Barqs and Baktar Shikans (which are being used) are enough for them.

I doubt we will use expensive hell fires on those bastards.. Locally produced Barqs and Baktar Shikans (which are being used) are enough for them.
You have got a good point there but the only time I see hell fires being used are to takeout some underground bunkers or tunnel networks and trust me those rats have many of those but yes mostly I don't see them being used against the lone technical or compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom