What's new

Agent Vinod banned in Pakistan

So a movie that wants people to believe lies and conspiracy theories? More or less a propaganda film? I don't mind this being banned. As a matter of fact, all bharati movies should be banned here. Yeah yeah, I know about pirated movies. At least the bharatis won't make any money out that.

You are misinformed. This movie is not getting banned in your neck of woods..

watched this stupid movie because friends insisted...
it is about how investment bankers carry out the blasts for earning money or greater good or whatever...you will know if you have watched zeitgeist documentaries...
not worth watching...

Never expected the plot to be any good. Most spy movies are like that. It's the cheesy action and romance that spy movies are for.

Lol that was funny. He drinks a spiked drink and next thing he knows he's tied up with Kareena standing in front of him...

Since childhood I have seen Indian movie makers being obsessed with making anti-Pakistani movies and I have noticeably felt that whenever one of these movies come out the anti-Pakistan sentiment goes sky high.

For a Pakistani who used to watch Hindi movies on and off, this was the first thing that made me ditch the Bollywood bandwagon after figuring out that I may be supplying monetary assistance to people who genuinely hate Pakistan. Back in the 90s it got really bad with some really nasty dialogues against Pakistan. Smart people who realize this will quit watching Bollywood whether or not the movie contains anything anti-Pakistan as you are quite literally giving them money to get mocked.

Which is a sad consequence I admit since such things should not be mixed in the arts, or arts should predominantly put forth something positive not negative, but Indian movie makers lack this basic sense of ethical responsibility.

Since childhood I have seen Indian movie makers being obsessed with making anti-Pakistani movies and I have noticeably felt that whenever one of these movies come out the anti-Pakistan sentiment goes sky high.

For a Pakistani who used to watch Hindi movies on and off, this was the first thing that made me ditch the Bollywood bandwagon after figuring out that I may be supplying monetary assistance to people who genuinely hate Pakistan. Back in the 90s it got really bad with some really nasty dialogues against Pakistan. Smart people who realize this will quit watching Bollywood whether or not the movie contains anything anti-Pakistan as you are quite literally giving them money to get mocked.

Which is a sad consequence I admit since such things should not be mixed in the arts, or arts should predominantly put forth something positive not negative, but Indian movie makers lack this basic sense of ethical responsibility.

My dear, filmmakers are also humans and humans are fallible. Now it might happen that ours are a bit immature and slightly unfit for the high moral standards you want them to uphold. However, there's no denying that they are serving the public sentiment.

Now talking about public sentiment, it has been largely negative over the past few years especially as far as Pakistan is concerned.

You see, sending 10 kids to slaughter 170 people and then pretending like nothing happened for months on end doesn't help make the mood positive, either.

Now I'm not being an apologist for anti-Pakistan movies. However, Pakistan's actions have not helped either.

My dear, filmmakers are also humans and humans are fallible. Now it might happen that ours are a bit immature and slightly unfit for the high moral standards you want them to uphold. However, there's no denying that they are serving the public sentiment.

Now talking about public sentiment, it has been largely negative over the past few years especially as far as Pakistan is concerned.

You see, sending 10 kids to slaughter 170 people and then pretending like nothing happened for months on end doesn't help make the mood positive, either.

Now I'm not being an apologist for anti-Pakistan movies. However, Pakistan's actions have not helped either.

The mechanisms are already in place to deal with such issues on a government to government level by people who have been voted in power by both nations. They are both competent and authoritative to deal with these issues.

Film makers are neither, but they are riding on not only existing sentiment but inflaming it further.

Interesting. Did we or did we not fight 4 wars between each other ?...not to mention the countless "other" wars/battles. India and pakistan are not exactly "chums". Indian movies are meant for Indian consumption primarily. You dont like it?...dont watch it. Spare us all the ridiculous pseudo moral drivel.

For a Pakistani who used to watch Hindi movies on and off, this was the first thing that made me ditch the Bollywood bandwagon after figuring out that I may be supplying monetar9 assistance to people who genuinely hate Pakistan. Back in the 90s it got really bad with some really nasty dialogues against Pakistan. Smart people who realize this will quit watching Bollywood whether or not the movie contains anything anti-Pakistan as you are quite literally giving them money to get mocked.

Which is a sad consequence I admit since such things should not be mixed in the arts, or%2parts should predominantly put forth something positive not negative, but Indian movie makers lack this basic sense of ethical responsibility.

Nothing wrong in calling Spade a spade

are you saying our film makers should not make movies on wars that we have fought with pakistan?
are you saying we should praise pakistan in these war based movies?

I guess there are hardly 10-15 movies which are pro indian not anti pakistan. The greatest tragedy of pakistan is they like the movies of India and US.. their greatest enemies.

Interesting. Did we or did we not fight 4 wars between each other ?...not to mention the countless "other" wars/battles. India and pakistan are not exactly "chums". Indian movies are meant for Indian consumption primarily. You dont like it?...dont watch it. Spare us all the ridiculous pseudo moral drivel.

Fair enough... If you don't like Zaid Hamid don't watch him speaking, he primarily speaks for natives and not for you. Whats the point lamenting on this thread?

Fair enough... If you don't like Zaid Hamid don't watch him speaking, he primarily speaks for natives and not for you. Whats the point lamenting on this thread?

lol we like zaid hamid...who does not like a self destructive crazy person who is taking your rival nation on path of destruction? :D

I have heard (no confirmation) that Agent Vinood or Ek Tha Tiger (i believe both are spy movies) roughly are based on true events in which a RAW agent and ISI agent together saved the nations from going in war back in 80's.

lol we like zaid hamid...who does not like a self destructive crazy person who is taking your rival nation on path of destruction? :D

That clears everything, thank you... People here too like those unbelievable/funny superman stunts in your films.. Equation balance, now could you please add your chunk strictly to the topic?

Back
Top Bottom