What's new

After Qandeel: An open letter to ‘honourable’ Pakistanis

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
578c9f0687159.jpg

I trust that by now, every shareef citizen has had their say.

You say Qandeel Baloch was a wicked person, but you're still saddened by her death. Well done, it's nice to know that you're anti-murder. We'll take whatever consolation we can get at this point.

Every makeshift moralist by now has elucidated his/her position on the unmentionable Qandeel; each taking precious time out of his/her blessed schedule of teaching hymns to blind children, and scrubbing sheets at the leper colony, I assume.

What sinner would cast a stone with such unwavering self-assurance?

There’s never been a dearth of respectable men in this country, flocking over to Qandeel Baloch’s Facebook page to comment on how shameful and undignified she was.

What are you doing on her page anyway, I’d often ask in the comment section. Are you lost?

What business do honourable gentlemen like you have in these supposedly sordid and salacious corners of social media? Why are you watching her controversial risqsué dance, aimed at motivating the Pakistani cricket team? Repeatedly.

You don’t get to drink half a bottle of wine, and clear your conscience by spitting at the bartender for serving it to you.

Explore: Qandeel Baloch is dead because we hate women who don't conform

We’ve witnessed no insufficiency of social media users getting in line to psychoanalyse the provocative starlet. She was called an ‘attention-seeker’. She was called ‘nyphomaniacal’. She was called many words that aren’t repeatable.

The word I didn’t get to hear was ‘revolutionist’.

In Pakistan, a person needn’t do much to be part of a social revolution. A ‘revolutionist’ is a woman at a workplace, too busy to freshen up her makeup, and wholly unconcerned about the loose strands of hair spared by her improperly fastened hair band.

A ‘revolutionist’ is a happily unmarried man celebrating his 34th birthday; fully determined to fight through the awkwardness at every social function where people whisper complaints about his bachelor lifestyle.

Qandeel Baloch wasn’t unintelligent. With all my “intelligence”, I could never get three-quarters of a million people to follow me on Facebook as she did. It couldn’t have been her looks alone, for she wasn't the only good-looking person out there.

Qandeel Baloch was a one-woman sexual revolution banging at the door of a repressed social establishment.
She was an entertainer second, and an experimentalist first, picking and prodding at Pakistan's social edifice that has hardly evolved since the country's creation.

She was on a mission to expose two-faced, pseudo-righteous men for who they are; armed with the only real weapon a woman may sometimes afford in an unyielding patriarchal system.

Qandeel, and women like her, enunciate an age where women expect unconditional, unabashed ownership of their own bodies.

It is an era where the body of Qandeel is the body of Qandeel, to be concealed, or exposed at her own volition without affecting anyone's honour.

See: Qandeel taught us to own our sexuality but we couldn't handle it

It’s an epoch where a woman refuses to fit snugly inside a box designed for her by the society; she carves out her own space instead.

And, that’s a terrifying thought.

Qandeel was murdered by one man, but in whose name?

Her homicide was homage to a puritanical society, which implicitly demands such sacrifice.

For the crime of assuming unauthorised command over her own body and lifestyle, she was sentenced to unrelenting slut-shaming by thousands of judges and jurymen on the Internet.

We know the man who murdered his ‘dishonourable’ sister, but who foisted that label upon her and warranted her elimination in the first place?

We say her death was a ‘shock’, as if none of us actually saw the endless stream of death threats and rape threats on her social media pages. Or perhaps, we ignored them all as inevitable background noise.

Now Qandeel’s gone. And suddenly, we all feel rather naked ourselves.

Wear as much clothing as you want; but before the league of civilised nations, we all stand exposed today as one of the few countries in the 21st century where women’s appearances are policed at gun-point, and honour killings remain atrociously rampant.

The world is staring at us. Quick! Cover up.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1271476/after-qandeel-an-open-letter-to-honourable-pakistanis

Dear members Kindly report post#3 as much as possible so the member who posted this got what he deserve. He tries to mock the deceased person by posting her controversial video.

IJJAT JIYADA hoti hai, jahil logoon main
dekthtein hain behen kisi aur ki, nahi ati Yaad ye IJJAT

Chand NAZAR nahi ata , selfi ke bina
Namaz poori nahi hoti mullah ki , Wiskey ke bina

Jeans pehno to muslmaniyat se kharij
Sawal Poocho ziyada to Islam se Kharij

IJJAT walle marain kamzoor ko , theek hai sub
kameena gali ka bolla ,mama theek hai sub

Pohcha diya qaber main , Edhi Aur Amjad ko in Zalimo ne
Qoom ka loota paisa bhi wapis nahi kiya , in Zalimo ne

Kehtein hain , Panama main hai mera karnama
Dil ka kiya bhrosa , Aj chale kal na chale to Panama

Last edited:
WTF is she the real qandeel? was she out of her mind after doing such video and living in Pakistan?

Excuse me? I have two problems with your post. One thing Allah says to cover the sin of others so your sins will be covered. You sound really harsh.
Secondly, as I can see your flag and you're raising finger on Pakistan? She is been on social media for last few years and no she wasn't threatened or killed. Her murder has so many other reasons not this video. So please :/

Excuse me? I have two problems with your post. One thing Allah says to cover the sin of others so your sins will be covered. You sound really harsh.
Secondly, as I can see your flag and you're raising finger on Pakistan? She is been on social media for last few years and no she wasn't threatened or killed. Her murder has so many other reasons not this video. So please :/

Oh dear.. I was shocked that how could she made that video and still lived in Pakistan openly; I am sure even that guy in the video would not be safe there.

She once challenged the Pakistan cricket team for posting a nude video if they win over India, that's all I knew about her.

Oh dear.. I was shocked that how could she made that video and still lived in Pakistan openly; I am sure even that guy in the video would not be safe there.

She once challenged the Pakistan cricket team for posting a nude video if they win over India, that's all I knew about her.

Please brother as I said covering of ones sin means your sins will be covered by almighty. That was her past. She has left the dunya. And may Allah shower his mercy on her. No need to repeat her sins. I hope you understand. Thanks!

Please brother as I said covering of ones sin means your sins will be covered by almighty. That was her past. She has left the dunya. And may Allah shower his mercy on her. No need to repeat her sins. I hope you understand. Thanks!

Ok

Dear Sis just report his post if it works.
I was about to report the post # 3 but then I thought whether the video is more damaging than the article, or vice versa, by an immature wannabe journalist who is availing this opportunity to get his first shot at the fame by biting through the corpse like a vulture the of the unfortunate deceased and disgracing the profession by ignoring the facts so that he can get his cheque regardless of what becomes casualty.
While the vile creature wastes no time in calling the whole nation hypocrite but I would wish to see how he implements this (see below) in his own house
Qandeel, and women like her, enunciate an age where women expect unconditional, unabashed ownership of their own bodies.
There is no dearth of such perverts who want to see other's stark sisters naked but when it comes to their own family, they become all ghairatmand in a blink of an eye and we get to listen "Hey man keep my family out it. this is a cheap shot" and we ask them question...why not if you believe so strongly in it...then why not? as the oft-read and oft-repeated saying goes "Charity begins at home"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom