Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Afghan man’s ears chopped off for harassing woman in Swabi
THE NEWSPAPER'S CORRESPONDENT — UPDATED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
SWABI: An Afghan man was severely beaten and his ears were chopped off by villagers allegedly for harassing a married woman in a remote village of Razaar tehsil here on Friday, said police.

It was learnt the woman informed her husband and family about the incident, which occurred in Parmuli village, which caused them to attack the alleged culprit. They severely beat him up and also chopped off both his ears, leaving him bleeding.

Registering an FIR in Parmuli police station, the injured man admitted that the cause of the incident was the woman issue.

Police registered case against 11 people for torturing the man, and began efforts to arrest the accused.

Meanwhile, four persons were critically injured when the car they were travelling in hit a power pylon near Swabi-Jehangira road on Friday. The injured were taken to the District Headquarters Hospital, Swabi, where condition of one of the injured was critical.

Also in the day, the district police seized 30 kilogrammes of charas from a car, but could not arrest the three smugglers who managed to escape, leaving their vehicle behind. The commodity was being smuggled to Punjab. The car was stopped at Shaheed Baba checkpost in Topi. From the identity cards, the fleeing accused left in the car, they were identified as Nasir Khan, Samin Khan and Mukhtiar Anjum of Peshawar.

Published in Dawn, June 25th, 2016

WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT

so much for afg claiming kpk as their land i work in kpk & pakhtun people r fed up with them
but gov should make sure that these incidents b controlled & not blowup into ethnic violence against afghans

In my town we have a lot of Pashtuns from Swat and they have been here for now 3 generations and MA they are very wealthy business oriented people. Even they have had enough of afghans who arrived in 15 years or so. Pashtuns from Pakistan and Afghans are not getting on here in my city so one can immagin what the situation is like in KPK

Why is the case registered against 11 men? They did the right thing. Afghans in Pakistan need to be beaten to an inch of their lives and then thrown out. No two ways about it.

There is no room for Mob justice. He deserved a trail. Such incidents will occur more frequently as people loose confidence in government and justice system.

In my town we have a lot of Pashtuns from Swat and they have been here for now 3 generations and MA they are very wealthy business oriented people. Even they have had enough of afghans who arrived in 15 years or so. Pashtuns from Pakistan and Afghans are not getting on here in my city so one can immagin what the situation is like in KPK
Pashtuns in FATA too have displayed vividly feelings of Anti Afghan thought. Pashtuns host one of the largest population of Afghans in KPK, FATA and northern balochistan. In KPK and northern Balochistan the argument is Afghans take up jobs and are involved in illegal drug trade and in FATA they have large fort like mansions and live like Kings.

Regardless Pakistani pashtuns have been the biggest victims of Afghan influx in Pakistan.

But this act is a cruel and evil act. It should not have occurred and the culprits should be punished.

Tell me difference between Isis and this mob justice imagine a Pakistani treated in a similar way in foreign country how would Pakistani feel police should do the Justice

Pashtuns in FATA too have displayed vividly feelings of Anti Afghan thought. Pashtuns host one of the largest population of Afghans in KPK, FATA and northern balochistan. In KPK and northern Balochistan the argument is Afghans take up jobs and are involved in illegal drug trade and in FATA they have large fort like mansions and live like Kings.

Regardless Pakistani pashtuns have been the biggest victims of Afghan influx in Pakistan.

But this act is a cruel and evil act. It should not have occurred and the culprits should be punished.

Not All Afghans are bad! The ones who do business and keep on the straight are welcome BUT unfortunately they are like finding diamond in coal. There are few Afghans here in my town who have established a business since arriving here BUT there are far too many involved in drugs, prostitution and other crimes that doesn't help their image.

Not All Afghans are bad! The ones who do business and keep on the straight are welcome BUT unfortunately they are like finding diamond in coal. There are few Afghans here in my town who have established a business since arriving here BUT there are far too many involved in drugs, prostitution and other crimes that doesn't help their image.
I agree. Afghans themselves are responsible for destroying their image. This includes them partaking in crime, drug movement, terrorism and corruption other than supporting the break up of Pakistan through not accepting the Durand line.

Back
Top Bottom