What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

Why now? Because its not INDIANS that these people target? come on!
Once upon a time they were Mujahids or Freedom fighters as your gov used to call them.

You are all over the place with your comparisons. If you want to talk about ironies, then how about the one where some of the same people who were sponsored trained and equipped by the U.S to fight a cold war nemesis, ended up providing a safe haven and training grounds for the people who committed 911?

It cannot be argued that all the "mujahideen" of the Soviet invasion era are todays Taliban. Neither can it be conclusively shown that all of today's Taliban subscribe to Al Qaeda's philosophy.

The struggle against Soviet occupation was a just one - a peoples struggle for the right to choose their destiny is just one - the struggle for subjugating people by violence and terror was never just, and never supported by either Pakistan or the overwhelming majority of its citizens.

Every one condems such acts but one should think the roots and causes of such an incident. The peoples here are too religious they also love thier army very much and history proves this fact. to me they think that what Pak army is all doing is just acting on american agenda. They think they are fighting for america.
One formost thing to think is what has compelled a person to bomb himself and to kill the commandos whose moto are "ALLAH HO".

Every one condems such acts but one should think the roots and causes of such an incident. The peoples here are too religious they also love thier army very much and history proves this fact. to me they think that what Pak army is all doing is just acting on american agenda. They think they are fighting for america.
One formost thing to think is what has compelled a person to bomb himself and to kill the commandos whose moto are "ALLAH HO".

Hon Shaikh you do have a point. However let us examine the situation.

Just assume that some miscreant for whatever the reason; throws stones inside your house, runs aways to hide with your neighbour. This goes on on a regular basis. What options do you have??

You can either ask your neighbour to hand over the culprit or be ready for retribution or if you are weak, you sell your house and move away.

Situation in Afghanistan / NWFP is the same. If PA does nothing, US will bomb. Pakistan doesnt want her citizens to experience 'Daisy Cutters' so instead is telling US/Afghanistan that PA will root out the miscreants on their own.

Problem is not however this simple. Even before the 9/11, Pakistan had a severe sectarian problem. Sepah Sehaba and their supportes would like Pakistan to be declared a Sunni Wahabi state and were killing Shia doctors, Iranian engineers and cadets simply because they were Shias. Shias were then bombing Sunni mosques and killing Sunni scholars in revenge. The problem was acute. ( Hope you dont have such short memory that you have forgotton Momenpura, killing of Maulana Farooqui and Tariq Azam).Would any State tolerate dictation by a small group of brainwashed zombies??.

Now sectarian activists have combined forces with Afghan Taliban and hurting the foundation of Pakistan state. Do you have no love for your country that you condone these barbarian acts in the name of Islam but blame PA for returning the fire?? This fight is not for US alone but for the survival of Pakistan herself. Else Pakistan would be like Somalia in no time. Would you like to live in such a hell hole??

I am extremely worried when educated Pakistanis blame PA and the government for every thing but justify these brutal killings. What has compelled these misguided thugs is promise of instant entry to paradise by killing the infidels. They are however not killing kaffirs, they are killing their own countrymen. According to Islam, suicide is 'haraam'. Show me a single Hadith or any Quraanic verse which allows taking your own life under any circumstances.

Syed Qutub was the first mulla who argued that when all else fails, suicide is justified. Would you follow the Sunnah of the holy prophet or a fatwa by a mulla??

My friend, suicide bombings cannot be justifed under any circumstances specially against your own countrymen. Any one who thinks otherwise is seriously misguided. :hitwall:

Sayid Qyutb wrote the manifesto of Fundementalism called Milestones whilst in prison in Egypt during the 1960s.

Shortly before writing it he had been tortured by having animal fat poured over him followed by wild dogs being released into his cell.

Now stop me if you think I'm wrong but I don't think he was of sound mind when he wrote that book.
Milestones itself was writen to justify uprisings against Gamal Abdul Nasser who had imprisoned Qutb and other members of the muslim brotherhood.

Hon Shaikh you do have a point. However let us examine the situation.

Just assume that some miscreant for whatever the reason; throws stones inside your house, runs aways to hide with your neighbour. This goes on on a regular basis. What options do you have??

You can either ask your neighbour to hand over the culprit or be ready for retribution or if you are weak, you sell your house and move away.

Situation in Afghanistan / NWFP is the same. If PA does nothing, US will bomb. Pakistan doesnt want her citizens to experience 'Daisy Cutters' so instead is telling US/Afghanistan that PA will root out the miscreants on their own.

Problem is not however this simple. Even before the 9/11, Pakistan had a severe sectarian problem. Sepah Sehaba and their supportes would like Pakistan to be declared a Sunni Wahabi state and were killing Shia doctors, Iranian engineers and cadets simply because they were Shias. Shias were then bombing Sunni mosques and killing Sunni scholars in revenge. The problem was acute. ( Hope you dont have such short memory that you have forgotton Momenpura, killing of Maulana Farooqui and Tariq Azam).Would any State tolerate dictation by a small group of brainwashed zombies??.

Now sectarian activists have combined forces with Afghan Taliban and hurting the foundation of Pakistan state. Do you have no love for your country that you condone these barbarian acts in the name of Islam but blame PA for returning the fire?? This fight is not for US alone but for the survival of Pakistan herself. Else Pakistan would be like Somalia in no time. Would you like to live in such a hell hole??

I am extremely worried when educated Pakistanis blame PA and the government for every thing but justify these brutal killings. What has compelled these misguided thugs is promise of instant entry to paradise by killing the infidels. They are however not killing kaffirs, they are killing their own countrymen. According to Islam, suicide is 'haraam'. Show me a single Hadith or any Quraanic verse which allows taking your own life under any circumstances.

Syed Qutub was the first mulla who argued that when all else fails, suicide is justified. Would you follow the Sunnah of the holy prophet or a fatwa by a mulla??

My friend, suicide bombings cannot be justifed under any circumstances specially against your own countrymen. Any one who thinks otherwise is seriously misguided. :hitwall:

Ok.
but why we are afraid of america, are we still independat, we the first islamic nuclear power is afraid of america's dessay cutter forgive me if my spell goes wrong. we have one of the best defence system machnasim are we going to prepare the "Achaar" of this whole system. my point is that it is the war of amercia. regarding afghanistan,What about Iran, however, we produced our shoulders to them to invade .Iran have taken a neutral stand. ok you talk about sectarian killings what our security forces were doing about thier resources like money, arms etc. this is my antoher point that why concerned agencies donot full fill thier duties to stop such incidents, and now the sectarian killings are the part of past. i like to refer Hamid mir's coulms he wrote that now taliban in afghanistan are not old ones they are liberl and even might have support from iran. my brohter the only solution to me is the negotiation and political solution as we have seen via waziristan pact.
Waslam
:pakistan:

I can't believe this... how long will this continue. This nation was created with so much sacrifice. So many people died for its creation and today bastards within our nation are bent on destroying it! Why? These constant bombings, kidnappings and killings... we must find the people responsible for these actions and destroy them!!!

my dear why not to find the reasons for such incident, do you think by destroying them, they are all washed out. they dead bodies likely to motivate thier others comrades. on your suggestion many tried to act like india, russia etc what about them. only an educational process could lead them to realize about thier wrong acts. a deacade ago these were the mujahideen and apple of the eye but today.:pakistan:

Army: 15 Pakistani Soldiers Killed | World Latest | Guardian Unlimited

The top brass have to either withdraw the soldiers or support them well. No Army can loose 30 men in two days and not take action. The Pakistani soldiers must be given clear cut engagement instructions or withdraw from these border posts. These attacks are just after a couple of days after the suicide attack on SSG and 200 men being taken captive for a few days. The US presence in these areas will worsen the situation. As per this article the 200 men are still captives.

What is the deal with soldiers being kidnapped? I can't say that I've heard of this happening anywhere else...
Is it that the soldiers are not trained adequately in CI Operations or are the terrorists receiving
professional training from somewhere?

Whatever the reasons....they seriously need to make some changes in their battle plans or SOPs or whatever it is....terrorists don't usually just pick off 10-15 soldiers so easily and so often.

Its the paras they are picking off easily and they are neither as well trained, or equipped, as regular army, let alone in counter insurgency warfare. The other reason behind the abductions are the small check posts manned by 10 to 20 FC it seems like. They seem to be getting overrun quite easily by militants attacking in groups of 50 plus with better and heavier weaponry. The FC posts seem more like police chowkis.

The better training and equipment part is being worked upon, but it is obviously going to take some time.

Bombs damage Buddhist relic in Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan, Sept 29 (AFP) A seventh-century Buddhist relic in Swat in northwestern Pakistan was damaged partially when militants blasted it with dynamite late Friday, police said Saturday. They said the militants used home-made bombs to try to blow up the mountainside engraving, a Buddhist pilgrimage site, and fired at it using automatic weapons. (Posted @ 20:45 PST)

- DAWN - Latest Stories; September 29, 2007

I suppose this, like the Bamiyan Buddha incident, was because the UN was not "offering funds for Taliban run orphanages" - pathetic excuses and justification for terrorists and their actions.

suicide bomber, wearing a woman's burka, has killed at least 15 people in an attack at a busy police checkpoint in north-west Pakistan, officials say.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Suicide bomb kills 15 in Pakistan

burqa is quite a serious problem to face. Probably more to do with rules of engagement. Clear cut instructions that having a complete burqa on, you cant venture xyz meters near the checkpoints or face retaliation might help.

The Associated Press
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Click here to find out more!

MIRAN SHAH, Pakistan: Militants detonated a bomb near a military convoy in northwestern Pakistan on Saturday, triggering a clash that left at one soldier dead and 19 wounded, officials said.

The attack happened in Ahmad Khel, a village 15 kilometers (10 miles) west of Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal region where remnants of the Taliban and al-Qaida are believed to be hiding, a local security official said on condition of anonymity, saying he was not authorized to speak to media.

The militants fired rockets and troops returned fire, but it was not clear whether there were militant casualties, the official said.

No army spokesman was immediately available for comment, but another area security official confirmed the incident and said troops, backed by helicopter gunships, were searching for the attackers.

Pakistan is a key ally of the United States in its war on terror, and it has deployed at least 90,000 troops along the Afghan border to flush out foreign militants and their local supporters. But the past year has seen a sharp rise in militancy, with security forces increasingly under attack.

On Thursday, militants executed three Pakistani soldiers among about 230 they have been holding captive for the past month in South Waziristan, in apparent retaliation for army raids on guerrilla hide-outs.

Guys, the situation seems to get worse and worse!! How long do you think this will last??:undecided:

The US seems to be determined to stay in Afghanistan forever, so by that logic Pakistan will have to face the Taliban on its borders for a long long time, no to mention the local population allying with them as well!!

Most people say that Pakistan needs Musharraf's iron hand to put and end to this, but as we have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan, the bombings never stop!! Maybe Pakistan should try to integrate these people with society, rather than launch full-fledged attacks on them?

What do you guys think?:coffee:

Thanks!!

burqa is quite a serious problem to face. Probably more to do with rules of engagement. Clear cut instructions that having a complete burqa on, you cant venture xyz meters near the checkpoints or face retaliation might help.

My friend, this is a very sensitive issue!! I don't think the locals will like it at all!! You just can't stop people from wearing burqas in busy roads and intersections!!

It will probably do more harm by alienating the local population!!:disagree:

Back
Top Bottom