What's new

Aamir Khan On Intolerance Debate: ”My Wife Kiran Asked If We Should Leave India”

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Aamir Khan On Intolerance Debate: ”My Wife Kiran Asked If We Should Leave India”
a6d035be7cbbeea853e75969ea69a5ee
News World India | New Delhi | Updated: November 23, 2015 8:36 pm
shares
Facebook
Twitter

+
What's This?
aamir-khan-goenka-awards.jpg

After Shah Rukh and Salman, finally Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan has spoken about the intolerance issue in India at the 2015 Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards held in Delhi on Monday.

In a conversation at the RNG awards, Aamir said, ”The censor board has been a little too aggressive in its approach in the last 6 to 8 months and until we widen the understanding of self, it is going to be a long time before we change.”

Speaking on the growing intolerance issue, he said ”When you see a person committing violence, the first mistake we make is labeling them Islamic terrorist/Hindu terrorist.” He further added that he has been “alarmed” with incidents in last 6-8 months and said that his wife Kiran Rao asked if they should leave India.

Aamir also shared his view on the AIB controversy, saying ”My problem with the AIB roast was certain people who didn’t sign up for the roast were also ridiculed & attacked.”

12273658_1664528487139068_5677155052119653721_o.jpg

Aamir Khan On Intolerance Debate: ''My Wife Kiran Asked If We Should Leave India'' | News World India

Last edited:
a6d035be7cbbeea853e75969ea69a5ee
News World India | New Delhi | Updated: November 23, 2015 8:36 pm
shares
Facebook
Twitter

+
What's This?
aamir-khan-goenka-awards.jpg

After Shah Rukh and Salman, finally Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan has spoken about the intolerance issue in India at the 2015 Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards held in Delhi on Monday.

In a conversation at the RNG awards, Aamir said, ”The censor board has been a little too aggressive in its approach in the last 6 to 8 months and until we widen the understanding of self, it is going to be a long time before we change.”

Speaking on the growing intolerance issue, he said ”When you see a person committing violence, the first mistake we make is labeling them Islamic terrorist/Hindu terrorist.” He further added that he has been “alarmed” with incidents in last 6-8 months and said that his wife Kiran Rao asked if they should leave India.

Aamir also shared his view on the AIB controversy, saying ”My problem with the AIB roast was certain people who didn’t sign up for the roast were also ridiculed & attacked.”

Aamir Khan On Intolerance Debate: ''My Wife Kiran Asked If We Should Leave India'' | News World India
The article seems to be jumping from topic to topic, without presenting much details or context about the comments that he made. It seems like it was framed this way to present only one side of the picture. Can someone post the transcript for the entire interview.

Aamir Khan's film earn foriegn exchange and goodwill for India. Hindutva Bhakturds also should ban beef and cowhide leather industry in India. Please don't wear cow skin shoes, wallets, belts, purses, bags, jackets, pants, furniture, etc Did you clear out cow products from your homes or just forcing others to stop consuming beef ? The beef industry creates cow hides and banning it will atleast triple price of sheepskin shoes.

Last edited:
Arsalan, Yes, go ahead and wear skins of animals you are not supposed to eat ! ^^^

I wonder why he said that he is one of the most responsible intellectuals of the country. May be it was his wife's idea and he shoved it off.

Every one in india has right to his or her views as long as they respect the country and doesn't resort to violence.

If Amir, salman or anyone doesn't want to live in India they are most welcome to leave the land, NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN COUNTRY

Last edited:
Aamir Khan, I respect your movies and what you have done for social cause but you should have slapped your wife right then when she asked you that question.

Learn to respect others views and concerns too. A wife has all rights to think and discuss about various options with her husband in order to safeguard her family.

Violence can never be solution if you cannot digest others views. How different is your mentality from those ISIS who mistreats females in there region.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom