What's new

A short documentary on Rescue 1122

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

This is a short video HQ commissioned on Rescue 1122, sorry it is in Urdu as it was designed for local consumption. But they say "Pictures tell a thousand words" :)

I hope you all like the documentary. We are trying hard to improve the service and extend it across Punjab. Inshallah by the start of 2010 services will be expanding into NWFP and Karachi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job with the ambulances, really good standard ambulances, and can save a lot lifes.

They should widen the service of 1122 to full country. Correct me if i am wrong but i thinks its in punjab only.

The Service is active in most of punjab at the moment, this includes Murree, Rawalpindi, Lahore(Pilot Area and HQ), Faisalabad, Multan, Gujranwala, Bhawalpur, Sargodha, D G Khan, Sahiwal, Sialkot, Rahimyar Khan.

New Offices will be opening in: Mianwali to cover areas like Bhakkar and Mankera.

With Regards to NWFP: Full 1122 Coverage will start somewhere around 2010: Full Coverage: Rescue 1122 in Peshawar soon

Karachi is also getting 1122 service, infact a basic service is up and running and staff recently qualified from LOS (Emergency Service Academy) but will be run by a private NGO called amman foundation: 113 Karachi rescuers pass out from Lahore academy

Mansehra in Hazara/NWFP already has a fully trained and equipped Rescue team under the admin of the District Disaster Management Office (DCO Office).

It will take time but things will become remarkably better in the long run.

Its an excellent service. Currently its in 12 city. They are using our solution of survillance. Between 4:58 to 5:04 in the video.

Last edited:
Wonderful video....hopefully this department will grow further in future.

Its an excellent service. Currently its in 12 city. They are using our solution of survillance. Between 4:58 to 5:04 in the video.

Are you from C Track? We pioneered fleet management using C track services in Pakistan. Now even Motorway police use something similar.

NWFP govt also approved 1122 starting in Peshawar first.

Yes inshallah it should be up and running soon. The PC-1 for services has been approved by provincial government and Peshawar's (Crisis Management Cell) located near Daewoo Bus Stand already has Rescue Vehicle, Fire Trucks, Ambulances.

We trained the Peshawar and Mansehra team in 2007-2008 and 2009. If you need some pics let me know and i will forward you some. All the best.

Personal detail is not allowed :mod:

What I want to say is we are proud of working with 1122.

:) Understood, did you know that the Scottish fire chief for Strathclyde (Scotland) was so impressed with the Fleet Management system at 1122, because at the time no Real Time fleet management system was in place in their Fire Service. Another First for Pakistan :)

I don't know what the case is now, but i look back to this and it makes me very happy, knowing the work we are doing meets the international standards.

Last edited:
Great service. I had assumed such service existed everywhere in Pakistan, but am quite disappointed to find out that it's only in Punjab, and only recently. This is the need of the hour in Pakistan, currently.

Something of this sort is badly needed in Peshawar and the surrounding areas right now, and of course, as pointed out, in Karachi. Also, is there any joint training held with the Police and/or paramilitary forces? I realize that the requirements and roles are different, but both the police and the paramilitary should already have well-developed and tested emergency response systems.

Lastly, since it is a government service, it probably doesn't collect donations. Does/can Rescue 1122 also provide such high caliber training to similar services provided by NGOs such as Edhi Foundation? that way, we can be sure our donations are being used optimally.

Yes inshallah it should be up and running soon. The PC-1 for services has been approved by provincial government and Peshawar's (Crisis Management Cell) located near Daewoo Bus Stand already has Rescue Vehicle, Fire Trucks, Ambulances.

We trained the Peshawar and Mansehra team in 2007-2008 and 2009. If you need some pics let me know and i will forward you some. All the best.

Thanks RescueRanger. I would love to see the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom