What's new

A Pakistani with Indian heart

An Indian heart beats for Pakistani now

Chennai, May 23 (IANS) An Indian's heart is now beating for 40-year-old Moulana Mohammed Zubair Ashmi, a Pakistani national, who has undergone a successful heart transplant surgery at the Fortis Malar Hospital here.
Ashmi was suffering from a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy in which functioning of both the ventricles of the heart is severely depressed, said a statement from the hospital Thursday.
He was repeatedly admitted to several hospitals in Pakistan with breathing difficulty, poor urine output and swelling in the body, and doctors advised Ashmi's family that his only chance of survival was a heart transplant.
K.R. Balakrishnan, director of cardiac sciences at Fortis Malar, said Ashmi was on medication for more than a year and his heart's pumping efficiency was only around 10-15 percent against the normal 60 percent.
He was flown to Fortis Malar from a hospital in Lahore, and on a detailed examination doctors realised Ashmi also had renal failure; fluid in his lungs and abdomen; and he was hepatitis C positive.
After a wait of about two months, a suitable Indian donor heart of a different blood group became available, the hospital said.
"I am ready to live life all over again and it is all due to the kindness of my saviour's heart," Ashmi was quoted as saying by the hospital.

Hmm... Cant sing Dil, Dil Pakistan now :P

Anyways, its good to see. Its not like all Indians are villains like some people think. Its mostly the politicans and the media making it up among themselves and dragging and poisoning normal citizens minds.

Its good to see not bad.

But . . . .he may not begin to blame Pakistan for whatever will happen near him after getting "Indian Heart" Because his new heart will force him to blame Pakistan.

you can only get heart from a dead guy.. right?

Right!!!!!

Its good to see not bad.

But . . . .he may not begin to blame Pakistan for whatever will happen near him after getting "Indian Heart" Because his new heart will force him to blame Pakistan.

Right!!!!!

he should tatoo RAW on his chest.. like veena malik.. :chilli:

Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
Md-Zubair-Ashmi.jpg

The heart of a 36-year-old accident victim from Chennai now beats in the chest of a Pakistani, who narrowly escaped the claws of death. In a rare occurrence, the Pakistani managed to fly across, get admitted to a hospital in Chennai and receive a donor heart a day or two before doctors at Fortis Malar Hospital would have given up on his ailing body.

Moulana Mohammed Zubair Ashmi (41), a teacher at a madrassa in the small town of Tehsil Kharian (Gujarat district of Pakistan), had a heart that was pumping blood with only 10 per cent efficiency — well below the average 60 per cent required. In addition, his kidneys were shutting down and his urine output was minimal, apart from which his liver was ravaged by Hepatitis C.

“I don’t think I would have made it, really,” admits the thin, bearded man candidly, looking back on his near-death experience.

“Inshallah, I am here now,” he adds in Urdu-tinted Hindi. Though his doctors in Lahore agreed they could do little for him surgically, they made the long-distance call to Dr K R Balakrishnan, in Chennai, that saved his life.A long process ensued to get Zubair to Chennai, after which several medical obstacles were overcome to give him his new heart.

Zubair is recovering remarkably fast. Expected to return to Pakistan in a month, he says he feels just as much at home here in Chennai. “There is no difference between India and Pakistan... They love me a lot more here, since I am Pakistani,” he says.

Is kashmir india's heart? If its given will India be dead ? So why dont you hand it over where it belongs ? :D :lol:

you can only get heart from a dead guy.. right?

No. The donor must be brain dead. Brain death is the irreversible end of all brain activity necessary to sustain life. Even after brain death, the working of the heart might continue at a slow pace, but there will be no respiratory effort.

Back
Top Bottom