What's new

A note of caution

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I write these lines to share my experience over the last week. A close friend lost his son , he died of injuries sustained in an accident leaving behind amongst others a widow who is three months pregnant.

Returning from watching a world cup cricket match he met with an accident which cost him his life.

When you are young one feels the world is at your feet, nothing can go wrong and even if it does one can handle it all. Advice given by elders is scorned and taken as needless concern of the old. As I watched the body being lowered in the grave one felt a deep sense of anguish for a wasted life, and lost hopes .

It is good fun to celebrate with friends . One does not realize that none of us is an island. There are so many lives associated with us , we do not have the right to put them at jeopardy due to our own foolhardiness.

Enjoy we must and we all do but we need to cater for the rashness of other users of the road. It is great fun to watch the needle touch 140 km/hr but what we drive is after all a machine comprising of millions of moving parts who must always work in sync . The slightest malfunction can lead to disastrous consequences and to what avail ?
Just last year I attended his marriage and there I was attending his funeral.

I wish the young would enjoy sensibly. Drinking is not bad but like all other things must be moderated. If only a man would how much is enough. Drinks impair judgment and reactions and often leads to errors of judgment.

The loss of life or limb is ir reversible and so this sorrow that those left behind experience for a lifetime. Is it worth it ?

I do not expect any replies to this thread but would appeal to all those who read this to be careful and pause to think of the consequences of what we do in our personal lives and the impact it shall have on those whose lives are linked to ours.

Back
Top Bottom