What's new

A nagging question: Is a Pakistani Army soldier killed in battle shaheed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmakh84

Reaction score
This issue had been nagging me for quite a while. I had posted this on facebook as well, but instead of a decent answer, I got "laan taan" from army supporters. Remember, I am not asking about TTP, Taliban etc etc I want your point of views.

My main concern is:
- Whenever a Pak army soldier dies in battle, we (media, army) calls him shaheed. WHY?

According to my knowledge, a shaheed is a person who died for the cause of ALLAH?

Whereas, PAK army soldiers die to Pakistan. And Please dont say dying for Pakistan = Dying for Islam becuase that is not the case. Reason being, PAK ARMY is an open American Ally. We provide them with BASES, AIR SUPPORT, DRONE SPACE, LOGISTICS, SUPPLIES.. so that THEY CAN KILL people (muslims) in afghanistan and Pakistan. In essence we are aiding a KAFIR to KILL muslims.. So this is not jihad by Pak Army. Infact, its the opposite..

So....?

as far as i know there are 70 types of shaheeds in Islam. like if you drown you are a kind of a shaheed. If the roof of your house falls on you, you are a shaheed. (pretty sure but not a 100%)

The jihad shaheed is on top of that list.
plus i think it depends on the belives of the individual soldier mostly. even the most renound aalims are a little reluctant to give a proper answer to this question of yours coz its really not as simple as you put it.

its kind of like if you are not the one driving you see a hundred things wrong with the person that is. even if he is doing everything he thinks is right

Shaheed is just a misused term, even Indians use it.

the Quranic term Shaheed is for the ones who die in the way of Allah...i.e. for Haq

rest just use it for being honoured in the world, just to associate themselves with "noble cause".

gud q and explaination!! well ALLAH knows niya only! perhaps the soldiers have eyes n brains they shud know they fighting with muslims for america!
apperantly they don't deserve to b called shaheed...

i have heard that hadeeth, but that hadeeth might be zaeef. will have to chck. cause according to quran and authentic hadees i hav read, a shaheed is different. or maybe the meaning of the hadeeth was soemthing we (or I) might not have been able to understand.

Let me change the question to Keeping the traditional "shaheed" meaning as we all know (dying for allah and islam etc..).. is an Army wala shaheed? or will he go to hell for aiding non muslims? hope it makes it clear.

This issue had been nagging me for quite a while. I had posted this on facebook as well, but instead of a decent answer, I got "laan taan" from army supporters. Remember, I am not asking about TTP, Taliban etc etc I want your point of views.

My main concern is:
- Whenever a Pak army soldier dies in battle, we (media, army) calls him shaheed. WHY?

According to my knowledge, a shaheed is a person who died for the cause of ALLAH?

Whereas, PAK army soldiers die to Pakistan. And Please dont say dying for Pakistan = Dying for Islam becuase that is not the case. Reason being, PAK ARMY is an open American Ally. We provide them with BASES, AIR SUPPORT, DRONE SPACE, LOGISTICS, SUPPLIES.. so that THEY CAN KILL people (muslims) in afghanistan and Pakistan. In essence we are aiding a KAFIR to KILL muslims.. So this is not jihad by Pak Army. Infact, its the opposite..

So....?

so, shall your Army leave pakistan to be torn apart by the Taliban?

Although your point is valid to those people who make the differentiation between bad and good taliban, but for somebody who want to see a prosprous pakistan living in peace and harmony with its neigbhoiur is not relevant.

Sorry, but you probably are going to get the same here too :lol:

i'm afraid not~ the point raised are legitimate, Shaheed is the title given to those who dies fighting for the cause of Islam. We have a stupid trend in our country that every maja saja gama becomes a shaheed- butto shaheed, zia shaheed, benazir shaheed, taseer shaheed.

and the funny thing is , those who aren't interested or even doesn't like to hear the word 'shariat' are very quick in using Islamic title 'Shaheed.

so, shall your Army leave pakistan to be torn apart by the Taliban?

Although your point is valid to those people who make the differentiation between bad and good taliban, but for somebody who want to see a prosprous pakistan living in peace and harmony with its neigbhoiur is not relevant.

dont bring your ethnic hate for Pakhtuns here under the name of Talibans... secondly what war has brought to us, nothing but civil war...so kindly dont play with words like prosperous pakistan, harmony and peace with neighbours......

i have heard that hadeeth, but that hadeeth might be zaeef. will have to chck. cause according to quran and authentic hadees i hav read, a shaheed is different. or maybe the meaning of the hadeeth was soemthing we (or I) might not have been able to understand.

Let me change the question to Keeping the traditional "shaheed" meaning as we all know (dying for allah and islam etc..).. is an Army wala shaheed? or will he go to hell for aiding non muslims? hope it makes it clear.

don't discuss or bring Hadiths in this forum..... this is an alien place for such things.

Hmm...so by this definition Islam after having it's share of Shaheed's during Prophet's (PBUH) era and thereafter, would only get more Shaheeds only once it would again be Islam Vs Non-Muslims, until then Sir Shaheed would be on a short break, right?

It is more like dying while struggling (Jihad to put it in the right perspective) that one is honored to be a Shaheed. Now Jihad can start from stopping yourself from masturbating and end at fighting an armed struggle against an adversary. Dont overload your common sense, guys.

My main concern is:

So....?

right now our soldiers are dieing for American cause.....

Hmm...so by this definition Islam after having it's share of Shaheed's during Prophet's (PBUH) era and thereafter, would only get more Shaheeds only once it would again be Islam Vs Non-Muslims, until then Sir Shaheed would be on a short break, right?

It is more like dying while struggling (Jihad to put it in the right perspective) that one is honored to be a Shaheed. Now Jihad can start from stopping yourself from masturbating and end at fighting an armed struggle against an adversary. Dont overload your common sense, guys.

the definition is very simple "dieing while fighting for the cause of Islam or while defending invasion of an Islamic land by Kaafirs like Americans".

i ask the counter question

are the people who fight for their AMERICAN GOD which is uncle sam, against its own people pakistanis and muslims, be called a shaheed after killing innocents??

i dont think so

will the pak army soldiers who died in east pakistan called a shaheed??? NO WAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom